Liberal Protests

B-Man

which one? they were in a bar, but it is odd. evidently these days you can bring little kids in bars. literally, and it's a problem, there were 5-15 yr olds gallore around the bar with parents there, too. i dont' understand this. i was at a bar wednesday and tehre was a girl who may have been 8 years old coloring at the bar.

If you grew up in WNY in the 70s and 80s, this was the norm. Every middle class and lower kid spent a decent percentage of their time in a bar with their parents. It was one of the few places you could actually get a glass of pop or play a video game because it was pretty rare to have them at home, so as a kid we really looked forward to those trips.

If you grew up in WNY in the 70s and 80s, this was the norm. Every middle class and lower kid spent a decent percentage of their time in a bar with their parents. It was one of the few places you could actually get a glass of pop or play a video game because it was pretty rare to have them at home, so as a kid we really looked forward to those trips.

it was like that in Iowa in 96-97-98. Not like that in Ohio or NC when I've been in both

I remember seeing a Survivor type BBC show where the women folk tried to get back to their camp by keeping the ocean to their left. Not surprisingly, they walked in a circle around the ISLAND and got lost.

I was disappointed to discover that toilets in Australia do not swirl in the opposite direction.

There's just a big woosh and it all goes down. There is no swirl.

Just came back from NZ and can confirm this. Opposite swirl is a myth.

In the early/mid 60's my parents had season tickets to the Bills games and I managed to go to a couple of games a year. We took a bus to and from the game from the Town and Country bar/restaurant. When we got back from the game everybody hung out at the bar for a while celebrating what was more often than not a win. I remember a fog of cigarette smoke and sucking down as much soda as I wanted. For a kid not even 10 this was heaven.

My grandfather used to take my brother and me to the local bar in Attica where he's drink massive amounts of beer and we'd play shuffle bowling. Today there isn't a bar in Attica I'd take my wife to let alone my kids/grandkids.

I remember going to places like the Pine Lodge or Stockman's Tavern for Friday fish fries - you just can't find northern pike on anyone's menu here in Texas. The places were indeed full of cigarette smoke, but there were no video games anywhere yet, only pinball machines. It was a long time ago

The water in toilets flush in a directional fashion - the ports where the water enters the bowl are angled to cause a swirl, so in order to see that effect in the southern hemisphere you'd have to fill a sink, wait for the water to be still, then open the drain - it will swirl in the opposite direction than it would in the northern hemisphere.

My grandfather used to take my brother and me to the local bar in Attica where he's drink massive amounts of beer and we'd play shuffle bowling. Today there isn't a bar in Attica I'd take my wife to let alone my kids/grandkids.

Well that's because you're a left coast pinky raiser who drinks chai smoothies. MURRICA !@#$ YEAH

Yep. I tried testing the coriolis effect on my hotel room's sink. Took a few videos of it. Very inconclusive results - it swirled in both directions at different times.

I remember going to places like the Pine Lodge or Stockman's Tavern for Friday fish fries - you just can't find northern pike on anyone's menu here in Texas. The places were indeed full of cigarette smoke, but there were no video games anywhere yet, only pinball machines. It was a long time ago

The water in toilets flush in a directional fashion - the ports where the water enters the bowl are angled to cause a swirl, so in order to see that effect in the southern hemisphere you'd have to fill a sink, wait for the water to be still, then open the drain - it will swirl in the opposite direction than it would in the northern hemisphere.

No, not really. I thought so too and had to test it in the sink.

My Siri's voice is a British man's.

No, not really. I thought so too and had to test it in the sink.

I saw something (I think it was on Myth Busters but I'm not certain) where equatorial demonstrations of the swirl effect were shown to be false - that you had to be further into the southern hemisphere for it to work. If I can find a link I'll post it.

I look forward to the left wing protest machine going after Cedric the Misogynist.

Don't hold your breath.

“You even mentioned Kellyanne and the picture on the sofa. But I really just want to know what was going on there, because, I won't tell anybody. And you can just explain to me that — that circumstance, because she really looked kind of familiar there in that position there. But don't answer. And I don't want you to refer back to the ’90s.”
Edited by LABillzFan

Guest Diesel-USMC

Dang. I have 3,862 things I could post and about 314 ways I could post them.......

....not sure where to start.

Been to both of those restaurants also. We can get similar fish fry's at a few locations in Chicago area and many places in WI serve a Buffalo style fish fry. Good stuff!