Liberal Protests

B-Man

THE NUMBERS DON’T SUPPORT BLM CLAIMS ABOUT THE POLICE

Are black lives in danger due to “systemic racism” in American policing? Are “black and brown bodies” under systematic assault by white racists?

The numbers from recent years suggest that the answer to both questions is “no.” There are few instances in which unarmed blacks are killed by white police officers. To the extent that, in these instances, the police officer acted wrongfully, the officer must be held fully accountable. However, the low number of instances compared to the frequency of encounters undercuts any claim of a systemic policing problem in this regard.

Similarly, the statistics on interracial violence undercut the claim that white racists pose a serious threat to black and brown bodies. Blacks engage in violence against whites far more frequently than whites engage in violence against blacks.

Today, I want to examine the 2019 numbers on police shootings. Daniel Horowitz reports them here, citing the Washington Post’s database.

According to the Post’s data, nine unarmed black people were shot dead by cops in 2019. Nineteen unarmed white people shared the same fate. These numbers confirm that black lives are not in danger due to systemic police racism. Nine incidents do not demonstrate a systemic problem.

If the nine killings were all unjustified, that would be nine too many. However, Horowitz cites a series of tweets that analyze the nine cases. If the facts presented in these tweets are accurate, it seems that most of the nine killings were justified.

More at the link

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

The bricks thing is puzzling to me.  If this is really happening, why has no one been caught or captured on video doing this?  They are staged along the protest route they say.  Police know where the route is too  Every inch of most cities is covered by video surveillance of some sort.  Seems like it shouldn't be so hard to catch someone doing this.

Some of the pictures look like they could be staged too like the ones in Frisco, TX.

There was a video in Portland of the police trying to stop a vehicle that had nefarious items. They just used the vehicle to get away. With a a stand down order there is no way a human can stop a vehicle.

21 minutes ago, GG said:

You have to look at it from the perspective of expectations.

Obama was expected to be a trans-generational leader with huge expectations, and underperformed on nearly every facet.  Trump, OTOH had the lowest expectations from the majority of the electorate, and surprisingly has performed well.

But the narrative was, and continues to be, on the expectations, not results. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2991886b4c4ffa95a0d0

2 hours ago, Magox said:

This guy is the chair of New York City Council health committee. 

These are the guys that are involved in the decision making process of who remains sheltered and who doesn't.

Remember that.

Racism: is there nothing it can't do?

• Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Chauvin will be convicted.  They are not going to let another scenario like this play out again if he'd acquitted.

As for leftists lying about what happened, shocker!  They probably showed a picture of the guy as a 13 year old.

51 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Sorry.

I am way too old to fall for the willful ignorance routine

The fact that the continuing breakup of the American family contributes to the RIOTING...............not the murder as you tried to say.

is so obvious as to preclude me from trying to explain it to such closed minds as yours.

With respect explain how riots and broken families us significant. Broken families can be used to explain a lot of society ills. That was my point. For 1 minute I do not think broken families has cnythi g to do with riots.

56 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If we have systemic racism...can someone please tell me what 'system' they're talking about? If I'm tp assume they're referring to local Police Departments, then one would think that the 'system' would have fixed the problem years ago. Unfortunately for the narrative, this is NOT a systemic problem. There is no 'system' training or teaching ANYONE to act in a racist manner towards any particular race, creed, or religion. Oh yes, there are some bad police officers who act with a racist chip on their shoulder for sure. Other officers have chips on their shoulders for other things (my WHITE daughter was once pulled over and then brought to tears for the kind of car she was driving)  But just because those bad officers work within a 'system'....it doesn't make the 'system' racist.

Many of the people I spoke about earlier believed they were targeted because of quota. They believed the officers have to reach a certain amount of arrests per day/week and that they were  viewed upon as easy targets. Now I don’t know if that’s true, but if it is then that is a huge problem. And while it may not be “systemic” it is a form of racism from individuals that believe a certain race is an easy target for an arrest. 

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Many of the people I spoke about earlier believed they were targeted because of quota. They believed the officers have to reach a certain amount of arrests per day/week and that they were  viewed upon as easy targets. Now I don’t know if that’s true, but if it is then that is a huge problem. And while it may not be “systemic” it is a form of racism from individuals that believe a certain race is an easy target for an arrest. 

It's not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Sorry.

I am way too old to fall for the willful ignorance routine

The fact that the continuing breakup of the American family contributes to the RIOTING...............not the murder as you tried to say.

is so obvious as to preclude me from trying to explain it to such closed minds as yours.

Trumps kids are all from broken homes...did they go to the riots and loot the stores?

I just ment that the home breakup is no excuse to loot

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Fun fact.  A majority of illegal immigrants from Mexico practice better grammar than you. 

GFY. As someone  earlier said I had a stroke in 2014. My misspellings  are a combination of  fat fingers, bad autocorrect and  hitting the key or two  next to the one I wanted.  In fact in this post I typed mad instead of bad before proofreading.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I think that already started.  Here's some videos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/2020PoliceBrutality/

Those need better production value.  "Cops storm peaceful protestors" and similar titles don't work because they're confusing.  They're screaming Effing pigs and getting in the police's face and then they start rushing from the back.....then the police respond and they run away like rats?  A better title might be "douchebags flee as cops don't let them run roughshod"

Anyway they weren't that funny.  Do you have one with some white douche bag throwing a rock or a Molotov cocktail and then getting a good beat down?

21 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

With respect explain how riots and broken families us significant.     Broken families can be used to explain a lot of society ills. That was my point.    For 1 minute I do not think broken families has cnythi g to do with riots.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Trumps kids are all from broken homes...did they go to the riots and loot the stores?

I just ment that the home breakup is no excuse to loot

Collect your thoughts in a coherent manner, and a complete sentence.

maybe someone else can explain the obvious political cartoon to you, 

I do not have the patience.

Nets Hype 'Peaceful' Protests 42x While Giving Seconds to Man Murdered by Looters

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2020/06/03/nets-hype-peaceful-protests-42x-while-giving-seconds-man

Good%20Morning%20America%20-%207_12_34%2

The Silence On David Dorn Is Deafening

v3imagesbine6aa9c9507101db014d205ac71f03

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you have one with some white douche bag throwing a rock or a Molotov cocktail and then getting a good beat down?

It doesn't fit your exact criteria, but would this one work?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Quota is like a 4 letter word around law enforcement. Break out the crucifix any time says the word.

That’s the mentality of the people we’re dealing with. They truly believe it and I was skeptical. Case in point where I said ‘I’m not sure it that’s true’. 

• Like (+1) 1