Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Is the 1st grade slapfight over ?

WALTER OLSON: “You can’t gather for a graveside memorial or to visit your terminally ill relative, even if everyone wears a mask and refrains from hugging. 

Now you’re encouraged to join large crowds in public gatherings.

People notice these inconsistencies, and they ask questions.

How good are your answers?”

My answer, that we’re ruled by lying weasels with an agenda, seems fairly robust at this point.

You mean the lying weasel who conveniently hid in his bunker as part of an inspection?  

Take note, WestSideDeuce.  That’s funny. Trying to pass off the bunker excursion as a routine inspection is hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And just as people are starting to see it, and the righteous protests are dying down -- time for a narrative switch: 

You haven’t insulted me yet today.  What gives?  I’m worried something is wrong with you.  I expected to be called an idiot by now.  Get in the game, sir!

Is the 1st grade slapfight over ?............apparently not

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You mean the lying weasel who conveniently hid in his bunker as part of an inspection?  

Pay attention Westside,

Taking a post about hurting families not able to attend loved ones funerals and conflating it with bunker nonsense is........................."HUMOROUS" 

No doubt this will be followed up with an even more childish response.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nothing wrong with pointing out Police wrongdoings. It needs to be done. When liberal buzzwords such as “ systemic racism “ get thrown around, it takes a different turn. I don’t think there is anything “ systemic” about Cops that act outside of the scope of their training. There are around 1,000 police involved killings per annum. It’s amazing in a country of 330 million that there aren’t more. Interestingly , the race of the officer doesn’t have a statistically significant impact. The Minnesota officers were a diverse group. Chauvin is white, but the other three were African American, Hispanic and Asian . Bad cops should be prosecuted for their actions if they are not justifiable. The Floyd case is obviously an example of unjustified use of force. I’m not sure that it was racism. Just 4 bad cops. Still , the number of bad cops is very low. It will never be perfect, regardless of what we do. Just as laws don’t eliminate all crime. If the number was so high, we would have far more police involved killings than occur on an annual basis. 

I can only go from what I have personally experienced and if I’ve met many racist cops, there must be a whole lot more. And I don’t mean they were quietly racist, they were like shouting it from the rafters. Racism totally screws up a persons ability to judge situations fairly and if a cop is saying stuff like that means he is tolerated by force he is part of 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Part of what problem? 

The part where white people deny that black people have legitimate pain and legitimate grievances. Pretty much every black person in America watched the George Floyd murder and said "that could have been me. And I could be the next George Floyd." 

I can not fathom how Obama saying, "if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin" would anger you. Unless you thought that black people have no legitimate pain and grievance with the way they are treated and perceived in society. 

• Like (+1) 2

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY: 

Destroying Property Isn’t Violence,’ Says Pulitzer Prize-Winning New York Times Writer.

WALL STREET JOURNAL: Liberal Cities, Radical Mayhem: Democratic mayors and governors seem unable to stop the destruction of their own cities.

The “broken-windows” school of policing says that you can help maintain public order by taking care of even small examples of disorder—such as fixing broken windows. Liberals scorned that policy in the last decade as somehow racist. Well, in recent days we’ve learned that America’s left does have a broken-windows policy: Let rioters break enough windows and loot enough stores and maybe their righteous anger will be satisfied.

That’s certainly how it looked when the June sun rose Tuesday over the broken glass, looted storefronts, burnt-out cars, and vandalized buildings in New York, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Madison and other American cities. Public officials let rioters exploiting the memory of George Floyd run wild in the streets. Even after nearly a week of violence, these and other liberal Democratic cities let lawless radicals harass and plunder almost at will.

In downtown St. Louis, four police officers were shot after midnight. “I believe some coward randomly shot at the police line,” said police chief John Hayden. A 7-Eleven was looted and set afire, but firefighters were deliberately slowed by protesters in responding. “We had people lying down in the street” and trash cans were placed as obstacles to block fire trucks, said fire chief Dennis Jenkerson.

In Philadelphia, city of brotherly vandals, gangs of rioters rolled through several neighborhoods Sunday burning businesses and cars. They returned for more on Monday, shutting down the highway that bisects the city at evening rush hour.

Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said a crowd of more than 100 surrounded a lone state trooper inside a vehicle and began rocking it. When two SWAT teams arrived, the crowd pelted them with rocks from the road and above. Police had to fire spray pellets, bean bags and tear gas to escape. . . .

This isn’t merely about damage to property. It’s about destroying the order required for city life. Non-criminals are afraid to go into these cities to make a living. The police pull back from active policing, which creates more opportunity for criminals, especially in poor and minority neighborhoods. Businesses that are finally starting to emerge from government lockdowns have new costs to absorb and more reasons for customers not to return.

What all these cities have in common is that they are led by Democrats who seem to have bought into the belief that the police are a bigger problem than rampant disorder. They are either cowed by their party’s left, or they agree that America is systemically racist and rioting is a justified expression of anger against it. They offer pro forma disapproval of law breakers but refuse to act to stop them.

The upshot is that a message is being received — even by those loudly posturing as woke at the moment — to the effect that you and your properties aren’t safe in big blue cities, and maybe even in medium-sized ones. All the talk about the reurbanization of America just went up, literally, in smoke.

Thanks to the pandemic, cities were already looking like centers of disease. Now they’re looking like centers of violence, too. As I said earlier, three decades of image rehabilitation for big urban centers has been undone in just a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do you think it’s wrong for BLM to draw attention to systematic police racism? 

I think it is absolutely fine for BLM to exist for the purpose of wanting to examine an issue they are genuinely concerned about. I think it is wrong for BLM or anyone to push a narrative that "black men cannot walk down the street without fear of being killed by police," or "that "it is open season on blacks by law enforcement," because it isn't factually true. I also think it is wrong for BLM or any protesters calling for the deaths of police officers in chants like "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," or "dead cops ... now."

I think it is wrong for BLM to make the starting point for any conversation about race the acceptance, as fact, that there is "systemic racism" in law enforcement agencies to the extent that, as a whole, they are singling people out to kill simply because they are black. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I can only go from what I have personally experienced and if I’ve met many racist cops, there must be a whole lot more. And I don’t mean they were quietly racist, they were like shouting it from the rafters. Racism totally screws up a persons ability to judge situations fairly and if a cop is saying stuff like that means he is tolerated by force he is part of 

Anecdotal evidence aside, we can only judge by what happens in Cities across America every day. The vast majority of Cops do their job and do it well. While it would be naive to say there are no racist Cops ( or in any profession ), the occasional sensationalized news stories are portraying a narrative that is far out of line with the reality. Numbers and blanket statements thrown around with no context don’t tell the story. There are a lot of criminals out there ( as the events of the last few days show us) and Cops have a tough job. Even tougher under liberal Governors and Mayors intent on returning them to the streets as quickly as possible. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Is the 1st grade slapfight over ?............apparently not

Pay attention Westside,

Taking a post about hurting families not able to attend loved ones funerals and conflating it with bunker nonsense is........................."HUMOROUS" 

No doubt this will be followed up with an even more childish response.

You said you were going to undoubtedly follow up with an even more childish response.  I’m waiting.  I could use a chuckle.