Chandler Jones is gone from the AFCE! Traded to Cards

FireChan

@RapSheet

One reason the #AZCardinals felt comfortable trading an OL today? Source said Evan Mathis visited them today & they offered a 2-year deal.

Man, Arizona would be killing it if they get him. So easy to recruit players there. They will be a popular SB pick. I think Palmer falls apart this year though. They should definitely target a young qb.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good trade for both teams, most importantly for Bills fans no more Chandler Jones. He was the most complete defensive player in the AFC East...he could do it all...stuff the run, contain, rush the passer, excellent in coverage...a total stud.

I see it as a fair trade for both. The Cardinals are so close, and have a short window to get to the SB (mainly because of Fitz and Palmer's age). They have the ability to maneuver contracts to have it make sense and will be great for their rush next year. Admittedly, I've shared before, but my middle son is of course a Bills fan, but a fanatic on the Cardinals since he was 7. I root for them and follow them closely for him.

The Pats clear up a lot of cap space they really needed, get a 2nd round pick and their O-Line sucked last year. Cooper is a decent Guard. Again, I watch Cooper adn it's only a 1 year deal if he doesn't work out.

Every year or few, there is some move the pats make which has everyone thinking Belichick finally overplayed his hand, made a poor transaction, a bad trade or unloaded some player their team just won't do with out.

Then they win 12 games or more, the division and are in the running for the conference and the crown.

Winning.... every move they make contributes to it.

2nd round picks have more VALUE than first round picks.

if you had $5 mil of cap space, which would you rather have ...... 1 first round pick or 4 second round picks ?

Sammy Watkins average yearly salary is $4,983,000

Ronald Darby average yearly salary is $1,142,000

How dare you expose Belichick as anything less than a genius!

Still wins the division year after year with all those misses. Pretty smart guy if you ask me.

Belichick > Rexy,Morrone,Hailey,etc. but yea, he's exposed all right.

if you had $5 mil of cap space, which would you rather have ...... 1 first round pick or 4 second round picks ?

of course they cost less, but in the 1st round you get the 5th year option before they become FA.

Cooper was benched at the end of the season. If they're not going to re-sign Jones it still doesn't make sense. A premier defensive end is worth a 2nd rd pick and a throw in guard?

The second round pick will most likely be a productive player on the Pat's roster for 3 or 4 years. The Patriots obviously decided that their was no chance they would have Jones after this season, because they are not willing to pay top 5 salaries at pretty much any position. Even is Cooper is cut in training camp, the Pats are probably comfortable with the deal.

I'll take Sammy.

Probably already discussed, but pats* will be looking to move up in the draft IMO. If there's someone they like they'll package the 2 second rounders to move up. Conversely the Bills may be interested in moving down to acquire extra picks.

Probably already discussed, but pats* will be looking to move up in the draft IMO. If there's someone they like they'll package the 2 second rounders to move up. Conversely the Bills may be interested in moving down to acquire extra picks.

i believe I saw that the highest they can move up is 29th in the 1st rd. due to the parameters of their punishment.