Nigel Bradham's comments about Rex Ryan's defense

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're going to get called out for saying they dropped and be told they only dropped a certain level of times.

it is all too strange that dareus spoke out against the schemes, than mario, than lawson (yes lawson was quoted saying it's complex and nothing negative but it was negative for a reason you'll see below)... players talked on and on...

mario or anyone on that dl who is paid to attack the qb...not doing so...is laughable.

the plan failed because rex failed. rex insisted he would not tinker or change up the defense. he did. he lied. he was in over his head in getting schemes and packages in there and we can't just blame the coordinators and position coaches. the d was rex's baby.

one year in to a plan is hard to fail, but rex sure did so. he failed in that he was not true to his word and could not coach. he let slacking players play. he couldn't get plays in. he could not get personnel in the right positions and placements. he did not use his best asset in the best fashion. he continuously left players not skilled for his scheme out to dry on the field - the players didn't fit and rex did nothing to adjust for this and kept forcing his square peg in the round hole.

rex failed. if you disagree, please, offer a reasonable response to this beyond 2 or 3 sentences besides just disagreeing and saying something silly.

cute, but i date city girls all the time. and do quite well.

plus farmersonly.com is a joke. when it came out a girl i was dating at the time saw the commercial and checked it out. its nothign but wannabe country girls on 4 wheelers, at a carrie underwood concert or drinking pbr.

Don't tell me how to post and you have silly covered all by yourself dammit. B-) BTW, the discussion I was having was with regard to Pegula's endorsement of a total teardown and rebuild of the Sabres as it relates to him being incompetent. Rex had nothing to do with what I was posting about.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

bolded

thanks for the insult since you have us all figured out and corralled like cattle. generalize much?

under lined part. Its just a Bradham, a 4th round pick who never really shined did he? And how the heck do YOU know they do not have a plan? are you a soothsayer of sorts.

Get some windex on that nasty olde crystal ball of yours

nevergiveup ever. that is the definition of a loser.

retreat , make adjustments and make a new plan of attack.

Muddling facts with your opinions perhaps?

Bradhams potential is not a fact is it?

: )

I never stated Bradham's potential was high. In fact, I said the problem was not losing him, but that losing players without a plan to replace them with player who is an improvement over them was the problem. I notice everyone who is criticizing me personally is doing so rather than trying to use facts to pursuade me. Could it be because they are unable to refute me based on their lack of facts? When you lack the facts to back up your faith, your response seems to be to criticize the person questioning your faith.

As you and your flockmates have said, the future is rosy and the plan is right on schedule. It's so nice you all have the inside info on the Pegula's plan and the exact time schedule of it. That must be how you all consider it on track, and are so sure it is not a failure. Since you have the plan in hand, exactly when will the Sabres make the playoffs again. I will save this info and remind you if it was a success when it happens.

As far as facts :

Golden boys mentioned:

Jack Eichel 31 ranked forward

Sam Reinhart, 157 ranked in points

Exactly how many YEARS do we have to wait to not be told we expect instant gratification. 3, 5 .... 10?

Edited by simpleman

Don't tell me how to post and you have silly covered all by yourself dammit. B-) BTW, the discussion I was having was with regard to Pegula's endorsement of a total teardown and rebuild of the Sabres as it relates to him being incompetent. Rex had nothing to do with what I was posting about.

i guess i do have silly all by myself. either way, everything has to be about rex ryan. nothing else matters.

its frustrating thinking about what could be a total teardown. we have talent now and we'll just let it fall apart to put it back together again. is hockey and football that much alike in sports management? in any business you want the best talent. i am just not sure how you expect to fail. i also wonder, well, not anymore come to think of it ... but the shelf life of an nhl player is a little higher. we have nfl players 4-5 years max. few spend more than that. a dynamic rebuild?

my question i guess is why would rex ryan be part of a rebuild when he has shown no part of that unless it is something different.

I never stated Bradham's potential was high. In fact, I said the problem was not losing him, but that losing players without a plan to replace them with player who is an improvement over them was the problem. I notice everyone who is criticizing me personally is doing so rather than trying to use facts to pursuade me. Could it be because they are unable to refute me based on their lack of facts? When you lack the facts to back up your faith, your response seems to be to criticize the person questioning your faith.

As you and your flockmates have said, the future is rosy and the plan is right on schedule. It's so nice you all have the inside info on the Pegula's plan and the exact time schedule of it. That must be how you all consider it on track, and are so sure it is not a failure. Since you have the plan in hand, exactly when will the Sabres make the playoffs again. I will save this info and remind you if it was a success when it happens.

As far as facts :

Golden boys mentioned:

Exactly how many YEARS do we have to wait to not be told we expect instant gratification. 3, 5 .... 10?

First thing is that Eichel and Reinhart are 19 and 20 year old rookies. Secondly, do you honestly think that NHL players only way of measuring NHL players is by how many points they have? You really should stop now, but I have a feeling you won't.

As far as facts :

Golden boys mentioned:

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

GO BILLS!!!

As far as facts :

Golden boys mentioned:

Well you did kind of insult us.. please take note of your words

And i was only having fun. I don't take these things very seriously. I wish you would not either.

My apologies if i have insulted your person. I meant no harm.

My flockmates are on their own on this matter. I know nothing of hockey and not much about football

addition.

I think the draft will offer a replacement for Bradham

and i don't think he was that big of a loss. That as kinda my real point

Edited by 3rdand12

ame="Jerry Jabber" post="3894783" timestamp="1457896859"]

One: You have no proof players were trying to get Rex fired nor have I ever heard this.

Two: Mario and Preston Brown did not perform well last season yet were good to very good in 2014. What changed in 2015?

Three: It shouldn't take all year to learn a system and if players are having a hard time learning it, then its on the coach to adjust.

Again, these are facts I've mentioned numerous times over the past 4 months.

It was reported during the season that there were a few players on defense that were purposely playing like garbage in hopes to have Rex fired and have Jim Schwartz brought back as the HC. If you didn't read the articles or didn't pay attention during that time...what can I tell ya?

It takes time for players to learn any system, some longer than others. I liked Jim Schwartz and wanted the Pegula's to keep him, but didn't happen, so why rehash the past. Also, look at how long it took Greg Roman to figure out how to use Sammy Watkins? Does that mean Roman is a bad OC?

It was reported during the season that there were a few players on defense that were purposely playing like garbage in hopes to have Rex fired and have Jim Schwartz brought back as the HC. If you didn't read the articles or didn't pay attention during that time...what can I tell ya?

I don't recall that being reported either. You should produce a link if you're certain it's happened.

I don't recall that being reported either. You should produce a link if you're certain it's happened.

It wasn't reported during he season, but there was an article (by Dunne?) that suggested that some players thought that they could force Rex's firing if they tanked.

I don't recall that either. Would have resonated much more, I'd imagine.

It was among the many post season accounts of what went wrong with the defense, and one article pointed to the mutiny

I really do hope you are right.

For some reason our blowhard coach still has fans, but even the die hard will turn on him after he loses game after game this season with his undisciplined, ballet dancing defense.

Whaley is another problem and hopefully he will be replaced sooner than later.

Brandon, as far as I'm concerned, has no business on the payroll and should be fired perhaps as early as tonight.

Bill,

I am totally in agreement on Ryan and Whaley but disagree about Brandon. Simple reason is that the man is paid to market the team and he has done so very successfully. Even now, with early signs pointing in the wrong direction for 2016, season ticket sales are doing very well. Whether we like it or not, that's what he is paid to do IMHO

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Bill,

I am totally in agreement on Ryan and Whaley but disagree about Brandon. Simple reason is that the man is paid to market the team and he has done so very successfully. Even now, with early signs pointing in the wrong direction for 2016, season ticket sales are doing very well. Whether we like it or not, that's what he is paid to do IMHO

I frankly do not think "early signs are point the wrong direction"

The bills might have actually found a QB......and when you can locate that...then the arrow is friggen pointing up

That's is a whole bunch of assumptions rolled into one post. I can make some as well, here goes; Rex taught the defense his scheme during training camp and saw there was some "push-back" or reluctance of some players to 'get into" the new scheme. Rex knowing that the defense was stout the last 2 years under Pettine and Schwartz decides to do a mix between his own scheme and that of the Pettine/Schwartz scheme to mollify players. Rex understands that even though his scheme has proven successful, so has Pettine and Schwartz's recent schemes as well. The season starts and our defense for the beginning part of the year is "ok". Rex tries to install a little more of his scheme to the mixed scheme they are running to improve the defense, but it makes it worse. He backs off a bit and uses a little more of the prior regime's scheme and it doesn't seem to help as well. As the season progresses and the clearer the picture becomes to who can and/or will do the Rex scheme becomes apparent, as well as our playoff hopes are finalized. Rex finally goes "all in" on his own scheme the last 2 games and our defense plays some great ball. Thinking about the season in retrospect, Rex realizes that he should have stuck with his full out scheme from the first game and endeavors to not only bring the current players up to full speed on the scheme but also bring in new players, as well as drop existing players, to solidify that scheme for the upcoming season.

yep. pretty much as simple as that. ownership transition, coaching transition, scheme transition. pretty much what happens when you blow everything up after the team is sold... all of this was to be expected

Please give me the facts of how the plan has not failed using actual team win/loss records. Giving me your opinions, your hopes, your beliefs for the future are not facts. Facts are what will educate me. Give me actual facts of how last years team, or this years TEAM as a whole is better than the pre-Pegula teams. Pre Pegula teams had numerous players who didn't just have potential, but proved their ability by their play and their player statistics as proof. Drafting a player/players who "has potential" is not a fact until he actually displays that potential. Potential is a belief, not a fact.... ??????

Thanks for setting the narrow parameters you'll allow for a response & for telling us how superior your way of thinking is. Now jump down from your high horse & remember that your opinions are just that.

I frankly do not think "early signs are point the wrong direction"

The bills might have actually found a QB......and when you can locate that...then the arrow is friggen pointing up

Well, it would be pointed up if not for the ineptitude Rex showed last season and previous ones in NY. His players, most of them, love him. That gets you bupkis in my opinion when not backed up by sound decisions and a clear vision.

Bill,

Unless the speculation is true that Brandon had a big say in choosing Ryan as coach. I believe he was behind the hiring of Marrone....so if he is choosing the Head Coach then I agree he could be a problem

Unless the speculation is true that Brandon had a big say in choosing Ryan as coach. I believe he was behind the hiring of Marrone....so if he is choosing the Head Coach then I agree he could be a problem

I also agree and from what I've read here is that he is the one who told the Pegula's to not let Rex Ryan leave the room after his interview. Meaning he is the one that thought that Rex Ryan should be the Buffalo Bills next head coach. The Pegula's are newbies to the NFL world and sitting home or at games watching is a far cry from actually being in the business for years, and years.

Brandon is also the one who flew to NYC with Whaley to interview and to hire Mike Pettine. Pretty sure his hand was in the Doug Marrone hiring and probably the Jim Schwartz hiring. What's interesting is that before he hired Marrone he was talking about hiring Ken Whisenhunt.

We watched for 50 plus years as the last owner had his hands heavily involved in every aspect of the team and there have only been a few times in the history of the franchise when the owner took a step back and let someone else run the team. Those times are when he hired Tom Donahoe as team president and when he asked the current CEO to take over running the team the last few years of his life.

Russ Brandon should have more than enough on his plate in running both the Bills and Sabres that he doesn't need to be in the football operations loop and because he is still in that loop he is blocking the owners from hiring someone who actually knows how to build a winning football team. This franchise needs an experienced NFL football man as team president as the last word to take the owners and CEO out of the football operations loop. JMO

I also agree and from what I've read here is that he is the one who told the Pegula's to not let Rex Ryan leave the room after his interview. Meaning he is the one that thought that Rex Ryan should be the Buffalo Bills next head coach. The Pegula's are newbies to the NFL world and sitting home or at games watching is a far cry from actually being in the business for years, and years.

Brandon is also the one who flew to NYC with Whaley to interview and to hire Mike Pettine. Pretty sure his hand was in the Doug Marrone hiring and probably the Jim Schwartz hiring. What's interesting is that before he hired Marrone he was talking about hiring Ken Whisenhunt.

We watched for 50 plus years as the last owner had his hands heavily involved in every aspect of the team and there have only been a few times in the history of the franchise when the owner took a step back and let someone else run the team. Those times are when he hired Tom Donahoe as team president and when he asked the current CEO to take over running the team the last few years of his life.

Russ Brandon should have more than enough on his plate in running both the Bills and Sabres that he doesn't need to be in the football operations loop and because he is still in that loop he is blocking the owners from hiring someone who actually knows how to build a winning football team. This franchise needs an experienced NFL football man as team president as the last word to take the owners and CEO out of the football operations loop. JMO

Here we go again!

61046454.jpg