Eagles Trade Mark Sanchez to Denver for 2017 Pick

Here come the knee jerk reactions, but when Sanchez had a very good defense, 2 good receivers and a running game for the NYJ he won four playoff games.

With a very good defense, 2 good receivers and a running game on the NYJ, Fitz missed the playoffs.

Yet people think Denver or anyone else wants to pay twice as much for Fitz?

The logic here simply defeats me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here come the knee jerk reactions, but when Sanchez had a very good defense, 2 good receivers and a running game for the NYJ he won four playoff games.

With a very good defense, 2 good receivers and a running game on the NYJ, Fitz missed the playoffs.

Yet people think Denver or anyone else wants to pay twice as much for Fitz?

You're cherry picking a bit here. One year, Sancez made the playoffs with a 9-7 record. This year, the Jets couldn't make the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

Additionally, Sanchez threw 29 tds, 33 ints and completed less than 55% of his passes during those 2 playoffs years. He was along for the ride and they won inspire of him. EJ and Fitz were never close to as bad as Sanchez was.

Bills are making a mistake by not extending Taylor before next year. He will either cost way more next year or we will lose him.

Bills can only extend if Taylor is willing to extend now; all indications are that he is willing to ride out contract and be free agent next year as planned when he signed contract.

Bills are making a mistake by not extending Taylor before next year. He will either cost way more next year or we will lose him.

I disagree. I don't think he'll cost that much more -- if anything more -- next year than he would right now. After seeing the Osweiler contract I think that's the kind of extension he'd be asking for today.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you implying that Taylor would be willing to sign a "small" starting QB contract now (like the one the Bills gave Fitzpatrick - it was "half-in"/show us and we'll give you a bigger raise)?

I think Taylor might like his chances of showing improvement this year and earning a much bigger long-term deal after the season. I don't think the Bills have seen enough to pay him close enough to what he might earn with a big year, so there could be an impasse.

For the Bills part, if they don't sign him now and he plays really well the first half of the year, they will work to pay him what he will have earned, before he hits free agency. I don't think he wants to sign a low-level-starter contract now and I don't think he will be so mad at the Bills for "not believing in him" that he won't sign a big contract with them - if he earns it.

I think if Taylor shows well early next season, the Bills will be fine with paying him a big deal.

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree. I don't think he'll cost that much more -- if anything more -- next year than he would right now. After seeing the Osweiler contract I think that's the kind of extension he'd be asking for today.

yup - if the gap is 17-18m vs 19-20m and just upping some guarantees, i would gladly wait the extra year.

Truly hoping for a Cleveland type QB failure for Osweiler so NFL teams will not try to use this as new standard, Teams broke due to QB contracts do not make good football watching.

Shame to think that way, but even Bradford on his short contract have made QBs salary ridiculous to manage.

i hope both of them show poorly for the sake of the Bills