Eagles sign Leodis McKelvin

@siriusXMNFL

Breaking: Eagles announce they've signed FA CB Leodis McKelvin to a 2 yr deal.

@rapsheet

The #Eagles announced they signed CB Leodis McKelvin. I'm told it's a 2-year deal worth just over $6M.

Good luck Leo!

Oh no...

@adamcaplanNFL

Can also return punts, kicks. Turns 31 to begin season....

@siriusXMNFL

Breaking: Eagles announce they've signed FA CB Leodis McKelvin to a 2 yr deal.

@rapsheet

The #Eagles announced they signed CB Leodis McKelvin. I'm told it's a 2-year deal worth just over $6M.

Good luck Leo!

Oh no...

@adamcaplanNFL

Can also return punts, kicks. Turns 31 to begin season....

well...

Wow, folks are actually saying nice things! McKelvin had his flaws but he turned into a pretty good cover CB and seemed to love being in Buffalo. He goes from a nickel CB at best to a starter. Congrats and good luck.

McKelvin was solid in coverage but horrible at tracking the ball and as a result not an ideal fit in Rex's man coverage schemes. As he often got burned when the ball was about to hit the WR or missed INT when had the chance to grab one. He'll be missed no doubt but I couldn't see him beating out Darby or Gilmore so wasn't worth the salary he was making.

McKelvin was solid in coverage but horrible at tracking the ball and as a result not an ideal fit in Rex's man coverage schemes. As he often got burned when the ball was about to hit the WR or missed INT when had the chance to grab one. He'll be missed no doubt but I couldn't see him beating out Darby or Gilmore so wasn't worth the salary he was making.

Agree. He did have 6 ints the last 2 years and got his 2014 season cut short. So he did show improvement in that agree.

If he found the ball more, he could have been a elite CB.

My least favorite Bill in the last 15 years, maddeningly inconsistent and among the lowest football IQs I've seen, bone head plays galore. Never could figure out how to turn to the QB. Would love to watch Sammy Watkins against him for a game. Go deep every time. Happy he's gone, won't miss screaming about his stupidity.

I am happy for Leo.

Now, it will be interesting to see whether the Eagles sign Mario given that the Rex Haters on this board believe that the only thing separating Mario from being a first ballot HOF is Jim Schwartz.