Brock Osweiler - 4 yrs/72 mill in Houston(signed)

Agree on Houston rolling the dice large - and I wonder if they weren't driving up his price bidding against themselves. It's probably bad for the Bills, but if he flames out it lends credence to the "stupid contract, outlier" argument.

The front office in Houston has nothing to lose with this move. Hoyer pissed himself in their playoff game last year, he was an embarrassment. They got what they decided to be the best available FA to hide behind a good defense and a running game.

How much longer do you suppose the owner was going to watch them flip flop between retreads before cleaning house? They have nothing to lose if Brock sucks, Hoyer/Mallet/Fitz/Yates were going to get them fired sooner than later.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great signing for houston

#1 - they can get out of contract after 2 years if it doesn't work out.

#2- did not have to give up any draft choices to get him.

#3- really hurts Denver on top of all the other FA players leaving Denver.

#4- Hou is in great cap shape and on the rise as a team.

#5- osweiller steps out of peyton shadow

So that we have the joy of picking someone from the scrap heap? Absolutely not

I agree. Just wondering what everyone else thought, because I could see Denver making a run at Tyrod. He's similar but better than Kaepernick, better intangibles, and much cheaper. Thought I saw something where Elway was interested in Tyrod last year but Bills offered him better chance to start.

I'm not saying you do it but you could sign Fitz and draft a guy.

We essentially picked Taylor off the scrap heap.

Fitz would not come back to Buffalo. Be realistic.

We also picked Kolb, Holcomb, Thad, Orton off the scrap heap

Let someone else deal with it. We have a good QB. Why would you mess with that? Especially to bail out another team in our conference

Edited by Captain Hindsight

I just want to say this is my new favorite word.

That is all.

ive been using it for years. Its a favorite of mine. Whenever someone says Irregardless I really back disirregardless of that...blablabla.

I also like using fertile instead of futile. Makes life more fun being positive