Sam Bradford re-signs with Eagles

There is the floor for a "bridge deal" for TT. You are probably talking 2 years $40M with $28M guaranteed.

If signed this off season why would Tyrod's deal be anything more than Bradford's? This seems like a comparable QB for winning percent and stats.

side note- I am glad teams are doing these deals. Better than signing a guy you know isn't really the answer to a 4 or 5 year deal worth 12-15mil a year

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@alexmarvez

Combined w/$78M rookie contract, Bradford will have made $114M through 9 seasons after new 2-yr @Eagles deal.25-37-1 as starter. No playoffs

I would have given those teams 0-62-1 for like 2 million dollars. They would have had much better draft position to get a real QB too.

Edited by jeremy2020

Cousins made the playoffs and pantsed halfrod in the process. He has way way more leverage imo.

Halfrod? What? Why? Taylor was 8-6 last year, which is a better winning percentage than Cousins' 9-7. Cousins got "pantsed" by the Dolphins, whom Taylor beat twice, handily. Why are you so obsessed with demeaning Tyrod Taylor? I see you are in Virginia- is this personal between you two? Did you know him when he was at VA Tech? There's gotta be an explanation.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

If signed this off season why would Tyrod's deal be anything more than Bradford's? This seems like a comparable QB for winning percent and stats.

side note- I am glad teams are doing these deals. Better than signing a guy you know isn't really the answer to a 4 or 5 year deal worth 12-15mil a year

It may not be much more but comparable. TT's people will be arguing that TT's 1 year as a starter is better than any of Bradford's. In addition, Bradford has crazy injury history back to college. I would think that this is in the neighborhood.

No kidding!

because of his slight stature would that make TT Michelob Light? Personally I think the Bills make TT prove himself this year, if he doesn't he could be replaced by a highly drafted rookie (see Cook in Round 2) or a vet looking to redeem himself (see Kaepernick).

It's a qb driven league, no doubt about it. He did play well during the last half of the season though.

I don't see it and I never saw it with Bradford. 19 tds and 14 ints is JP Losman numbers. And that's not taking into account he is made of glass. I'm sure eagles' fans are thrilled by this.