Sam Bradford re-signs with Eagles

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile.....TT sits without even a "bridge" contract

Bradford was set to be a UFA and was a former No. 1 overall pick...huge difference.

Sam Bradford is making a killing without really having to earn any of it!

Well, to be fair, he did complete 65% of his passes and throw for 3,700 yards.

I read that Sam Badford has made more in his career than Tom Brady. And that was before this new contract.

@Espnstatsinfo

Bradford finished first half of season w/ worst QBR of any qualifier (30). In second half, he had a 55 Total QBR.

Edited by YoloinOhio

There is the floor for a "bridge deal" for TT. You are probably talking 2 years $40M with $28M guaranteed.

No way I'd give him that deal today...I'd let him play out this year and tag him before I did that based on 1 year.

I mean, I like him, and I think there's a chance he becomes the guy, but I can't pay that type of money to him just yet.

Not that I think you're suggesting they do it now. I would just rather wait it out, tag him, and if he really looks the part, give him the tag number on a short deal.

I read that Sam Badford has made more in his career than Tom Brady. And that was before this new contract.

Espnstatsinfo

Bradford finished first half of season w/ worst QBR of any qualifier (30). In second half, he had a 55 Total QBR.

That's not including the money that Brady gets paid under the table. :lol:

No way I'd give him that deal today...I'd let him play out this year and tag him before I did that based on 1 year.

I mean, I like him, and I think there's a chance he becomes the guy, but I can't pay that type of money to him just yet.

Not that I think you're suggesting they do it now. I would just rather wait it out, tag him, and if he really looks the part, give him the tag number on a short deal.

clearly the Bills are low-balling incognito so that TT dies this year and they don't need to pay him. OBD is so #rogue and cheap!

I am not advocating doing it now. I am just saying there is no way that his agent is taking less than that on a bridge deal as of today. That deal set the new floor IMO

I am not advocating doing it now. I am just saying there is no way that his agent is taking less than that on a bridge deal as of today. That deal set the new floor IMO

Yeah, sorry...I tried to make it clear that I knew you didn't mean now.

No question I wouldn't be taking less than that if I'm Taylor's agent, especially not with Cousins poised to get $19M AAV

Yeah, sorry...I tried to make it clear that I knew you didn't mean now.

No question I wouldn't be taking less than that if I'm Taylor's agent, especially not with Cousins poised to get $19M AAV

Cousins and his agent have all the leverage in Washington. TT has one more year to go then he will be in the same situation. If he comes out firing in all cylinders this season I would hope they get something done before midseason. Otherwise any remaining leverage is gone for the team and we let him write his own check.