Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

Don't pay for past performance. That's a losing strategy. You have to anticipate whether he will be worth it going forward. We'll see.

And I'm not trying to save the Pegula's any money, but to a large degree it's a zero sum game. Money spent on LG will not be available to address other areas of the team so the investment needs to make a mark.

if you are not measuring past performance how the heck do you measure, Vince?

The man played very well. Has great work ethic and showed up each game and dominated ( minus the Fletcher Cox debacle lol )

How exactly do you project next year. And if you are drafting or grabbing a lower priced FA how do You project His value? please explain?

We have the bird in hand. Bills know the man very well. Better than they "know" anyone not on the team.

I am 100% percent sure, barring happenstance injury that Cogs and Glenn and even Wood will be the most cohesive effective unit the Bills have seen in a decade or more.

Hold my feet to the fire on this too.

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is we have seen what this OL looks like with sub par left guard play

I like the way it looks with quality left guard play

With this move our we are solid from LT to C......and now we need solid play from RG and RT

dont create holes you dont have to.

No kidding John!

Hope Miller can get steady and i suspect Bills want Hendy to start if healthy. Lets TT learn to climb the pocket and see the middle of the field a bit more, this Offense could really take off

No kidding John!

Hope Miller can get steady and i suspect Bills want Hendy to start if healthy. Lets TT learn to climb the pocket and see the middle of the field a bit more, this Offense could really take off

I personally think the bills are not happy with any of their RT's........and are going to look to upgrade that position

I personally think the bills are not happy with any of their RT's........and are going to look to upgrade that position

Well that should be interesting. Because they kinda suck at drafting or acquiring FA O line since Nix and continuing with Whaley. not very excited about this.

Hell I think Rex probably is responsible for Incognito !

that is old news.

and stop moving around hard to sight you in when you do that!

Well that should be interesting. Because they kinda suck at drafting or acquiring FA O line since Nix and continuing with Whaley. not very excited about this.

Hell I think Rex probably is responsible for Incognito !

that is old news.

and stop moving around hard to sight you in when you do that!

Can't seem to help myself. That just popped up on twitter. Thought it was new. Looking for some positive news on Cog and got that instead.

Can't seem to help myself. That just popped up on twitter. Thought it was new. Looking for some positive news on Cog and got that instead.

stay strong keep hope alive!

Lets see what Monday brings and this week. Thet have the money and the news is leaking pro Incognito

i did read the article btw. And why does it seem like Whaley and Bills may have been dicks?

hometown discount and no communication.

Glad to read that Wrex and Roman were texting Richard. asking if the deal was done

weird world, that business. no wonder players need to be out for themselves.

he's worth it, he doesn't cost you games like Leodis can. Think how little he cost last year, give him a three or four year deal, spread the signing bonus.

The length of the deal would be a sticking point to me.

At his age he could go from good to awful in one season.

I really hope they get a deal done with him but I have a suspicion that he will not be a starting guard in the NFL........ANYWHERE in 2018........so I think any deal has to effectively be for no more than 2 actual seasons.

That might be the issue, because he may want a longer deal which would effectively guarantee his first 2-3 years.

I'm not really sure that anyone will give that to him.

There is a TON of cap space available in FA but traditionally even when that is the case the money gets thrown at ELITE younger talent for the first few days and then the rest of the free agents fight for small deals that ......based on available cap dollars....you would expect to have been much greater.

I really hope they get a deal done with him but I have a suspicion that he will not be a starting guard in the NFL........ANYWHERE in 2018........so I think any deal has to effectively be for no more than 2 actual seasons.

That might be the issue, because he may want a longer deal which would effectively guarantee his first 2-3 years.

There is a TON of cap space available in FA but traditionally even when that is the case the money gets thrown at ELITE younger talent for the first few days and then the rest of the free agents fight for small deals that ......based on available cap dollars....you would expect to have been much greater.

I think you have succumbed to the syndrome. Its not a demeaning comment whatsoever.

Hope and wonder have been superseded by by pessimistic logic. which is fair enough. so many here have.

I have no sticking points with the contract. i do not care actually.

not for me to worry over.

My only concern is he remains a Bill next to Glenn.

in a couple years or so anything could happen. Roman could be gone or even become the HC.

Continuity is a real entity. Especially with an O line that functions. maybe i too have a factor of desperation?

To many Tattoos, the guy has to go

you dare critique his MADE IN THE USA Tat ?

bourgeois millenial thinking right there.

A great run blocking guard is worth more to the Bills than to any other team in the league, with our imaginative run game we use constantly, with how often we ask our guards to pull and with our limited passing game we use as little as possible. In this way re-signing Incognito is an example of 'pulling the rope in the same direction.'

How long he can be a great run blocker who can impose his will and open holes is the risk here, but any other move would carry risk of a different sort. I'm happy to take the risk on a player that makes the offense go.

I wish we had five Incognitos rather than one- if this were the case you just might see Roman build an offense capable of dragging a mediocre defense kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

I think the Bills are panicking and will get the deal done. They have no options if he doesn't sign. Our left side would be secured and then we can try and get better on the right. I think we draft a RT but Henderson is cheap so they are hoping to get 1 more year out of him