good news on the ralph..

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither good news or bad to me, though I know someone who is very happy with this news. I do think a new downtown dome would just add to the revitalization of Buffalo. But the points raised are legitimate about ticket and suite costs, and there is still plenty of development opportunities in downtown outside of a new stadium.

Neither good news or bad to me, though I know someone who is very happy with this news. I do think a new downtown dome would just add to the revitalization of Buffalo. But the points raised are legitimate about ticket and suite costs, and there is still plenty of development opportunities in downtown outside of a new stadium.

This has proven false many times in many places.

They should keep the Ralph in OP. It's the only option that makes any sense at all. The state has no interest in contributing significant money (every municipality will forever be looking at the sad situation that the goofballs in STL got themselves into) and the Pegulas know that a new downtown stadium will never bring a return on investment to justify its cost.

Sort of what I have been thinking er saying. On a side note, there is continuing construction at the offices at OBD. Last fall there was steel erected for perhaps more offices space for the ever increasing coach hirings. There also have been surveyors seen walking "around" the stadium area. For what, only time will tell.

yes, really good news

Only if my neighbors keep giving me those special IPA's! Edited by Hammered a Lot

What they should be looking at is ways to improve the transportation of fans to games from other areas and setting up areas for people to tailgate, perhaps using covered shelters, and keep their gear until end of game for some sort of fee. This will reduce the impact on roads, encourage more fans during poor weather and let them concentrate services in a smaller parking area,

This has proven false many times in many places.

They should keep the Ralph in OP. It's the only option that makes any sense at all. The state has no interest in contributing significant money (every municipality will forever be looking at the sad situation that the goofballs in STL got themselves into) and the Pegulas know that a new downtown stadium will never bring a return on investment to justify its cost.

:thumbsup:

If you want to subsidize the costs so that a great new stadium can be built you are welcome to offer.

I would be happy to pay my share so that I can feel good taking my kids to a game. Unfortunately, it appears that I am in the minority.

That's fine. As I said, it's democracy. But from now on I don't want to any more complaining from Bills fans about owners being "cheap" because the fans are obviously as cheap as anyone.

Edited by vincec