McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to get into an argument over semantics, but seeing as how you saw fit to insult my reading comprehension, please explain how one can have an opinion on behavior he never observed and how that non-observance can suggest anything at all.

Isn't everyone in this thread forming opinions based on behavior unobserved? Why climb up my ass about it? My lol was directed at the fact that eball zeroed in on the same words I did. I hadn't seen his reply before posting mine.

But yeah, boom, fatality, you got me. Good job.

The cynic in me was going to post that I fully expect the cop to say that he's seeing double. Regardless of whether he truly is or not.

Why is that? I truly don't understand where you are going in this thread. Do you think:

All cops are liars?

This particular cop is a liar?

McCoy is a good person?

Why do you seem to be so supportive of McCoy? At best, his behavior is going to hurt the football team that you support so much. At worst, he and his mob intentionally injured other people in a drunken rage.

If you are not defending McCoy, I AM sorry for the mis-interpretation my old friend. :)

Why is that? I truly don't understand where you are going in this thread. Do you think:

All cops are liars?

McCoy is a good person?

Why do you seem to be so supportive of McCoy? At best, his behavior is going to hurt the football team that you support so much. At worst, he and his mob intentionally injured other people in a drunken rage.

If you are not defending McCoy, I AM sorry for the mis-interpretation my old friend. :)

The cops have hired defense attorneys, and are obviously gearing up for a civil suit. It's standard operating procedure to exaggerate and make up injuries before a civil trial. The severity of injury is directly related to how big of a payout they will get.

The cops have hired defense attorneys, and are obviously gearing up for a civil suit. It's standard operating procedure to exaggerate and make up injuries before a civil trial. The severity of injury is directly related to how big of a payout they will get.

Good point.

The entire situation is rapidly starting to annoy me.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I read your link. What a freaking mess! k-9 in another post said that he heard that the organization is reviewing his contract. If Pegula made a decision that he doesn't want his organization to be associated with a certain caliber of conduct the March 3 date for a bonus payment may be a decision point for the organization.

I don't believe that the McCoy legal saga is going to be quickly resolved. From a football standpoint McCoy is an important player for us. Due to his off field behavior (not commenting on outcome) he has hurt the team. More than ever I have a greater appreciation and respect for Fred Jackson not only for his performances on the field but also for his conduct off the field. The older back contributes to the community he is in while the younger back causes consternation in the community he is in. .

It's not about being "PC" it's abut presumed innocence, which is just, you know, the basis of our Justice system...

Not sure if you read my whole post. The mayor isn't part of the justice system and won't be a part of the trial. Nor is he with the media. Those folks should adhere to the alleged statement. The mayor can say he saw shady swinging fists,just like I did. Shady is innocent until proven guilty in the legal system,but not on public opinion. The mayor knows what he saw and so do you. He's not innocent in my eyes nor the Mayor's and that is not a bad thing.IMO.

Not sure if you read my whole post. The mayor isn't part of the justice system and won't be a part of the trial. Nor is he with the media. Those folks should adhere to the alleged statement. The mayor can say he saw shady swinging fists,just like I did. Shady is innocent until proven guilty in the legal system,but not on public opinion. The mayor knows what he saw and so do you. He's not innocent in my eyes nor the Mayor's and that is not a bad thing.IMO.

I respectfully disagree. Because he is the mayor he has an obligation to act responsibly and respect the judicial process. His charged comments don't add anything positive to the situation other than to contaminate the environment, including the judicial process.

The mayor is acting like a politician and trying to capitalize on the situation. The best response he can make is to say "no comment" and let the process run its course. Voicing an opinion as a citizen is one thing but voicing an opinion as a mayor calls for measured restraint.

All cops are liars?

McCoy is a good person?

I'm not defending him because the video shows that he threw at least one punch instead of keeping out of it like he should have. It's disappointing and I expect him to be suspended, and I'm fine with it. He should know better. However I don't think what he did constitutes a felony and I expect him to plea to a misdemeanor.

As for the cops, no I don't think all cops are liars. But I also don't think all cops are saints. I've heard enough stories about dirty ones to know that they're not much different from everyone else when it comes to doing unsavory things, lying, cheating, stealing or exaggerating to get more money.

I wouldn't be upset if they cut him after an incident like this.

He's a good player but he's also a RB, taking up a lot of cap space.

RBs are a dime a dozen as seen with our 5th round pick in Karlos Williams. They could find a serviceable back in FA or draft for WAY less. Granted that player almost definitely wouldn't have the same break away ability McCoy has but IMO we wouldnt miss much in the ground game without him.

McCoy without this offseason escapade is an important player for this team. Without a doubt he is an impact player.In my mind he is one of the top backs in the league. So without him we are definitely a lesser team. But you deal with the reality you are in and not want you wish it to be. If the Bills decide to cut bait just to free themselves from the swirl of controversy I would have no complaints.

There is another aspect to having McCoy on the team before his situation is resolved. What this team doesn't need is more distractions. One of my criticisms of a Rex Ryan coached team is that there are always issues arising due to his antics and comments. This undisciplined team certainly doesn't need new distracting controversies. Don't misinterpret what I am saying. I'm not in any way saying that Rex contributed to this offseason situation. But for a team noted for losing its focus we don't need the McCoy distraction.

As for the cops, no I don't think all cops are liars. But I also don't think all cops are saints. I've heard enough stories about dirty ones to know that they're not much different from everyone else when it comes to doing unsavory things, lying, cheating, stealing or exaggerating to get more money.

You can say the same thing about doctors. You can say the same thing about lawyers. You can say the same thing about plumbers. You can say the same thing about businessmen. You can say the same thing about Wall Street workers. You can say the same thing about politicians. etc. etc.

Isn't everyone in this thread forming opinions based on behavior unobserved? Why climb up my ass about it? My lol was directed at the fact that eball zeroed in on the same words I did. I hadn't seen his reply before posting mine.

But yeah, boom, fatality, you got me. Good job.

is this a misunderstanding?

To reset.

it is about opinions in regard to the event in question.

Both you and k-9 are excellent posters here. lets not find anyone in their boxers in a bucket of ice

You can say the same thing about doctors. You can say the same thing about lawyers. You can say the same thing about plumbers. You can say the same thing about businessmen. You can say the same thing about Wall Street workers. You can say the same thing about politicians. etc. etc.

Oh, I know. I said the same thing in the shoutbox yesterday.

A freaking bar fight.

Has turned into this mess.

just awesome to be a Bills fan sometimes.

Can't win. even in the offseason.

Oh, I know. I said the same thing in the shoutbox yesterday.

I disagree.

None of those people are paid to serve and protect the taxpayers. That is their sole duty. To uphold the law.

only in that they are potentially skirting the system for their own self interest.