McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. 3 and 12.

Agreed on the last sentence. It's a subjective judgment. Consider Andre Jenkins. When I google that guys story I think "disgusting human being" and "idiot." He, on the other hand, seems content to have taken a life bit out of his misguided sense of omertà.

In any event, the problem for the guy we're discussing is that the price inevitably has to be paid. Eventually we'll see what the "bill" is here.

Don't know the details about Jenkins besides that it was a murder. And you're talking gang values? It's twisted but those guys are usually very loyal to their code. I would never condone killing unless your life, your family's, or your close friend's life was in danger. Kingsmen have their own rules.

McCoy doesn't have a criminal record, does he? He'll probably get probation with a 2 or 4 game suspension. The true victims will be the fans who are going to have to watch ESPN in the off-season and listen to the "outrage".

Do we know yet if the cops were talking ****?

In the interview I just posted, the radio host says he has gotten calls from people who were there who say Shady was getting heckled, called the N word, called a traitor, and thrown beer on - it's a hip hop club and this was apparently done via microphone. Supposedly there is video of this as well, somewhere, and it took place before the fight. The blogger says he didn't hear that.

Also the champagne was not that expensive. Couple hundred. It was Shady's friend's that go into it with the cops and he got involved after. All stories match per this blogger - report, eyewitness, security.

Edited by YoloinOhio

To each his own.

In my experience, in those kind of group fights, you're either in the front line and punch first or get punched first, or you're in the back and the fight breaks out in front of you.

Then there is sort of a fight or flight response where you either jump in and defend your friends (if they're your friends) or you hang around the back and act like you're breaking it up.

It sounds like McCoy stepped up. So I respect that. If he did the lame, wait for the other guys to get beat up and then step up to throw a punch, I don't respect that. I've seen that done and nobody likes it.

But if those guys fighting were McCoy's best friends, I don't care how old you are, you can't let your friends get beat up. Figure out who was right or wrong afterwards. Those are my values.

All this "victims" and "assailants" and armchair "cut him" stuff is fantasy land and not reality when you're in the middle of a brawl. Especially if you're drunk.

I'm with you on this. read every comment on this thread. Been there done that. Always had my friends back and expected the same from my boys. That's just guy code. Stuff happens at bars and I would want my boys to step up for me as well as I would for them. It's not like they went out looking for trouble, but if the chit hits the fan, I would want my boys to back me up regardless. So yeah shady should be cut immediately and 99% of us should be hung by the toenails for being a brother. We should go for a drink sometime bro!

I'm with you on this. read every comment on this thread. Been there done that. Always had my friends back and expected the same from my boys. That's just guy code. Stuff happens at bars and I would want my boys to step up for me as well as I would for them. It's not like they went out looking for trouble, but if the chit hits the fan, I would want my boys to back me up regardless. So yeah shady should be cut immediately and 99% of us should be hung by the toenails for being a brother. We should go for a drink sometime bro!

I'm down for a drink. I live in the Miami area now. PM me if you're ever around.

This sounds bad for Shady...

On Sunday, February 7, 2016, at approximately 2:45am, the Complainants were inside a Nightclub located at 1XX S. 2nd Street. An argument ensued as to the ownership of a bottle of Champaign, which led to pushing and shoving. At this point all below Suspects, engaged in a physical altercation with Complainant#1 who was then punched and knocked to the ground. While on the ground he was punched, kicked and stomped about his body and head multiple times by all four Suspects. Complainant#2 and security guards intervened and broke up the attack and all parties were ejected from the club. Complainant#1 transported himself to the Hospital where he was treated for a laceration to his right eye, broken nose, broken ribs, and a sprained thumb. Complainant#2, was admitted to the Hospital where he received eight stitches over his left eye and is currently receiving treatment for a possible skull fracture. The four suspects were subsequently identified through photographs by the complainants and by the security guards. Video surveillance was recovered from the outside of the club which shows both parties being ejected from the club; however, the incident itself wasn't captured on video.

The investigation is active and ongoing; all updates will be sent upon availability.

Complainant #1: 40yrs old B/M off Duty Philadelphia Police Officer

Complainant #2: 40yrs old B/M, off duty Philadelphia Police Officer.

Suspect #1: 27yrs old B/M

Suspect #2: 30yrs old B/M

Suspect #3: 27yrs old B/M

Suspect #4: 26yrs old B/M

The complainants in this incident were off duty Philadelphia Police Officers and the Suspect are reported to be members of the National Football League.

Suspect #1 is Tamarcus Porter.

Suspect #2 is Curtis Brinkley

Suspect #3 is our very own Shady McCoy.

Suspect #4 is Christopher Henderson

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer: "'If prosecutors agree, McCoy and three friends will be charged with aggravated assault and other crimes,' a police official said Tuesday night."

In other words, the police want charges to be filed and they're just waiting for the DA's office to agree with them and move forward.

Philly.com seems to have video of McCoy throwing a punch.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160210_

Edited by hondo in seattle

Agree wit you and munchichek or watever. You always hold your boys down like that in those situations. You dont sit there and let ur boys get beat up. hell nah. when ur friends are like family you protect them as such. then sort out who was wrong or rite later on. Family comes before football. period. as long as its not more then 4 games its watever but i hope the NFL doesnt take action on this one and just let it go since there doesnt seem to be an outrage like the ray rice shenanigan

In the interview I just posted, the radio host says he has gotten calls from people who were there who say Shady was getting heckled, called the N word, called a traitor, and thrown beer on - it's a hip hop club and this was apparently done via microphone. Supposedly there is video of this as well, somewhere, and it took place before the fight. The blogger says he didn't hear that.

Also the champagne was not that expensive. Couple hundred. It was Shady's friend's that go into it with the cops and he got involved after. All stories match per this blogger - report, eyewitness, security.

At no point do they ever say they got calls from people claiming they were there. They referenced two callers. One caller who claimed he was a friend of McCoy that claimed there was heckling and harassment. The other caller allegedly claimed he knows a guy who works as a promoter that allegedly has video of heckling before the fight and blah blah blah. :rolleyes: Not sure why these two callers would expect us to believe that McCoy would continue to hang out in a club where he's getting mercilessly terrorized and harassed by everyone and the DJ. And why would anyone call him a traitor when he was traded? The radio host knew damn well he was throwing out claims from callers that didn't even pass the smell test, but I guess you have to fill up airtime with something.
Edited by KDS73

Another bar room brawl. Happens all the time in the real world in the heat of the moment. The cops may have been drunk and instigated things for all we know. Not giving McCoy a pass but quite honestly I don't care. Like Charles Barkely said, athletes are not role models.

Not sure how it translates but Blake Griffin was just suspended 4 games without pay for beating up the Clippers staff member at a restaurant. Matt Barnes was suspended 2 games for punching Derek Fisher earlier in the year. Griffin's suspension was longer because of the severity of the injuries.

I would think that the NFL equivalent would be 1-2 games. Shady' incident being so public would probably be similar to Blake. 2 games is most likely the max as it looks now. If some new evidence comes out I suppose that could change but it'd have to be significant for the penalty to look like Greg Hardy's.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's only a matter of time til the burnt bone fragments are found behind Shady's house in his firepit and the key 'magically' appears in his bedroom

Well played

OT but someone called into philly radio and said they saw Shady at a restaurant in NJ with a couple Bills teammates yesterday (one was Duke Williams) and a few people who looked like his own security personnel and was visibly upset. Also they said that they saw he left a $32 tip which they said was over 20 percent. so not always a poor tipper.

Since there were 4 players involved in this melee and the cell phone video was inconclusive (unless someone else can clearly see him hit/kick/stomp, I could not) I am guessing the attorney can get it down to a misdemeanor or less. The original report was Brinkley was the instigator/aggressor and It could be he takes the greater fall. He will belawspended, but when? Sheldon Richardson's deal was six months ago and they still haven't announced when he will be suspended.

And, what about Brady's appeal? The system is a joke to suspend players a year after an incident.

Edit: I get when they are compiling information or waiting on the law, but, sometimes it's for no reason. Is that because they always issues suspensions to begin a season? That doesn't include drugs? Is there a structure?

How many people did McCoy kill?

Funny

You bring up a good point. The establishment has a stake in cooperating with the authorities because their liquor license and ability to operate is at stake.

It's a valid point in a perfect world. However, if people think cops or anyone is shady (pun intended) bouncers surely are!!

If your going to be critical of the trade I'd suggest paying attention to the contract we assumed and the amount of money Philly saved by making the trade. Kiko was just a throw in, Chip wanted to dump the contract.

Chip successfully dumped the contract and went on to sign a misfit in Murray. So the eagles didn't benefit from the trade. Buffalo gave Shady even more money he missed time last year but when he was 100 percent he looked good. Now Lesean is looking at a possible suspension if not worse. The trade hasn't helped either team take a step forward.

Chip wanted to dump the contract. Then signed two RBs to replace him at more money than Shady? Brilliant! Yada, yada, yada... Chip got fired. Edited by Manther

Not sure how it translates but Blake Griffin was just suspended 4 games without pay for beating up the Clippers staff member at a restaurant. Matt Barnes was suspended 2 games for punching Derek Fisher earlier in the year. Griffin's suspension was longer because of the severity of the injuries.

I would think that the NFL equivalent would be 1-2 games. Shady' incident being so public would probably be similar to Blake. 2 games is most likely the max as it looks now. If some new evidence comes out I suppose that could change but it'd have to be significant for the penalty to look like Greg Hardy's.

I didn't know Griffin got suspended. Since he's hurt anyway, are they waiting until he is ready to play?