McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

I respect values. But have you ever been involved in a fight like that?

Things happen fast. You either back up your boys or you cower in the back.

yep. and then some.

i got no boys.

ya never step in. wait for the dust to clear. drunken fighting is for kids

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep. and then some.

i got no boys.

ya never step in. wait for the dust to clear. drunken fighting is for kids

To each his own.

In my experience, in those kind of group fights, you're either in the front line and punch first or get punched first, or you're in the back and the fight breaks out in front of you.

Then there is sort of a fight or flight response where you either jump in and defend your friends (if they're your friends) or you hang around the back and act like you're breaking it up.

It sounds like McCoy stepped up. So I respect that. If he did the lame, wait for the other guys to get beat up and then step up to throw a punch, I don't respect that. I've seen that done and nobody likes it.

But if those guys fighting were McCoy's best friends, I don't care how old you are, you can't let your friends get beat up. Figure out who was right or wrong afterwards. Those are my values.

All this "victims" and "assailants" and armchair "cut him" stuff is fantasy land and not reality when you're in the middle of a brawl. Especially if you're drunk.

All these people involved are complete idiots. There is zero excuse for what McCoy did. Grow up man! In the real world it doesn't really matter "who started it" when after the fact you are beating a guy who was already on the ground and significantly injured. At that point, best case scenario there was no longer a threat to McCoy. Worst case it was the definition of assault.

I hope McCoy gets arrested, convicted, and the Bills can get out from that terrible contract.

this is nearly the penultimate answer. Bunch of reprobates on both sides getting all juiced up.

McCoy is what 28? If you dont have the values by now...

I hate kids.

But the 40 year olds. I might expect more from them

Really.. page 45?

I haven't seen this much excitement since funnels at Main and Amherst st.

What the heck was the name of that bar?

I'd still say this place provides the best information and conversation about the Bills. Hands down. 45 pages and hardly any bickering at each other.

To each his own.

In my experience, in those kind of group fights, you're either in the front line and punch first or get punched first, or you're in the back and the fight breaks out in front of you.

Then there is sort of a fight or flight response where you either jump in and defend your friends (if they're your friends) or you hang around the back and act like you're breaking it up.

It sounds like McCoy stepped up. So I respect that. If he did the lame, wait for the other guys to get beat up and then step up to throw a punch, I don't respect that. I've seen that done and nobody likes it.

But if those guys fighting were McCoy's best friends, I don't care how old you are, you can't let your friends get beat up. Figure out who was right or wrong afterwards. Those are my values.

All this "victims" and "assailants" and armchair "cut him" stuff is fantasy land and not reality when you're in the middle of a brawl. Especially if you're drunk.

Maybe we are from a different age and environment.

But thats because we would never ever be in that position .

You will never find us in that environment.

Like i said i respect your perspective.

I wear sneakers so i can run away from trouble!!

Use to brawl for fun and stupidity. at my age i cannot afford that luxury. I dont hang with people that would ever fight and i dont go places that might present that confrontation.

My ex wife is seriously dangerous, and if something got awry i would just have her take out the threats.

I would only defend Family at this point in life.

Bars brawls and fighting are for the youth finding their own. My Kids do yoga and martial arts and organic farming.

Maybe i should offer some counseling to Shady !

all good.

idiot McCoy

hope he learns.

he was raised Philly right?

Tough assed city.

To each his own.

Your code is respectable. Maybe stupid, too, but you're probably a great guy to be friends with. For real.

The problem here is that the aftermath isn't fantasy, it's reality. For us the reality involves a running back and a game that falls somewhere between entertainment and passion. For the guy were discussing the reality involves much more serious consequences.

Really.. page 45?

I haven't seen this much excitement since funnels at Main and Amherst st.

What the heck was the name of that bar?

I find this to be great offseason fun!!

Some one had to create a dustup.

This year its That RB from Philadelphia

last year it was those two hoodlums Dareus and Hughes.

Don't worry the offseason ain't over

: )

I'd still say this place provides the best information and conversation about the Bills. Hands down. 45 pages and hardly any bickering at each other.

What did you call me? I swear i will give you a hug if you keep it up Mister!

Commonsense.. I must agree. We are lucky to have such a diverse group allowed to offer their opinions even if they are mostly wrong.

But are the champagne swilling drunk cops ground up and in the freezer? No? #freeshady

Btw we're never getting back to the playoffs, are we....

Yolo

you know

we know

We have as much fun in the offseason as we can manage.

maybe someday. But no need to get wrangled over making the playoffs and such.

If it does ever occur, it will be the best Christmas present ever

:wub:

Your code is respectable. Maybe stupid, too, but you're probably a great guy to be friends with. For real.

The problem here is that the aftermath isn't fantasy, it's reality. For us the reality involves a running back and a game that falls somewhere between entertainment and passion. For the guy were discussing the reality involves much more serious consequences.

to whom? the fans?

Edited by 3rdand12

Maybe we are from a different age and environment.

But thats because we would never ever be in that position .

You will never find us in that environment.

Like i said i respect your perspective.

I wear sneakers so i can run away from trouble!!

Use to brawl for fun and stupidity. at my age i cannot afford that luxury. I dont hang with people that would ever fight and i dont go places that might present that confrontation.

My ex wife is seriously dangerous, and if something got awry i would just have her take out the threats.

I would only defend Family at this point in life.

Bars brawls and fighting are for the youth finding their own. My Kids do yoga and martial arts and organic farming.

Maybe i should offer some counseling to Shady !

all good.

idiot McCoy

hope he learns.

he was raised Philly right?

Tough assed city.

I understand.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm a brawler or anything. Most confrontations end with stare downs anyway.

But I was raised by a father who fought bare knuckle to survive in the Soviet Union. I don't look down on it the way many in the USA do. I believe that sometimes guys just need to fight and if they do, just let it happen. Fights should end with a great story to tell, not police charges. Many times you befriend the guys you just fought. I know I have in the past.

And these guys that we're sitting here judging from our computers were raised in some pretty tough places. And even if they didn't grow up in tough places, they were still raised poor or had relatives they looked up to that were pretty bad role models. Sure, they have millions, but are you really surprised they are still attracted to where they came from?

I don't know. I just think this is all much ado about nothing. I find the fact that the guys they beat up happened to be cops is funny. But now the media and lawyers get involved and it's a big mess.

But ... cops. It matters.

You keep saying this. They were regular citizens out at a bar, drinking, and not on the job. They apparently instigated the incident. I just don't think the cops angle is as big of a deal.

Not sure what you mean. We're bs'ing about whether our running back will be eligible to play football this year. Our running back is worried about a suspension, loss of income, and maybe even the temporary loss of his freedom. So while its noble for one to stick up for his friends, like any other action it has a "price." Here the price could be a significant one.

Not sure what you mean. We're bs'ing about whether our running back will be eligible to play football this year. Our running back is worried about a suspension, loss of income, and maybe even the temporary loss of his freedom. So while its noble for one to stick up for his friends, like any other action it has a "price." Here the price could be a significant one.

Was this directed at me?

Again I understand. But frankly, I value standing up for my friends over something as petty as football or what the fans think. I find the NFL punishment system to be so corrupt and fake, I really don't care what Goodell does. They might even secretly like the media attention.

And of course there's a "price". Everything has a price. Sometimes the price doesn't matter.

And this is why you choose your friends wisely along with the places you put yourself

Was this directed at me?

Again I understand. But frankly, I value standing up for my friends over something as petty as football or what the fans think. I find the NFL punishment system to be so corrupt and fake, I really don't care what Goodell does. They might even secretly like the media attention.

And of course there's a "price". Everything has a price. Sometimes the price doesn't matter.

No. 3 and 12.

Was this directed at me?

Agreed on the last sentence. It's a subjective judgment. Consider Andre Jenkins. When I google that guys story I think "disgusting human being" and "idiot." He, on the other hand, seems content to have taken a life bit out of his misguided sense of omertà.

In any event, the problem for the guy we're discussing is that the price inevitably has to be paid. Eventually we'll see what the "bill" is here.