2016 Draft Analyst/Expert Mock drafts and Big Boards

YoloinOhio

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it matters so I'm not going to get caught up in these this year. I think Whaley and Co are going to take bpa no matter what "needs" the "experts" think we have. Look at Darby last year. I don't think anyone could have predicted that one. I think their focus is D and it will be best player available. I think best player available in that slot will be Nkemdiche

I don't think it matters so I'm not going to get caught up in these this year. I think Whaley and Co are going to take bpa no matter what "needs" the "experts" think we have. Look at Darby last year. I don't think anyone could have predicted that one. I think their focus is D and it will be best player available. I think best player available in that slot will be Nkemdiche

I agree with this, wouldn't shock me due to depth of the DL in the draft this year that if a player drops like most years we may b in a spot to trade back a few spots and still get the guy they want.

If Nkemdiche is the guy Goodwin will no longer be the teams long jumper.

I think they make a distinction between horizontal jumping and vertical jumping in the olympics. Extra points for degree of difficulty though.

He has us taking Jaylon Smith.

19. Buffalo Bills (8-8)

Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame Fighting Irish

This selection comes with some risk because of Smith's knee injury, but if the Bills' doctors clear him, Smith would be a great pick. He took his game to the next level this past season and is an elite athlete. Smith has experience playing inside and outside and would fit well as the weakside off-ball linebacker in Rex Ryan's defense. Other options here: Alabama DT Jarran Reed and Ohio State OLB Darron Lee.

Until someone can show me that any draft "expert" can produce a consistent record of 75% or better in identifying who teams select in the 1st round (beyond the top 2-3 picks), the only thing I'll be doing with these predictions is "mocking" them.

Thanks

Miller before Michael Thomas? Hmmm mistake

Until someone can show me that any draft "expert" can produce a consistent record of 75% or better in identifying who teams select in the 1st round (beyond the top 2-3 picks), the only thing I'll be doing with these predictions is "mocking" them.

its just for fun

I would love this if he was going to be ready for camp. I'm not patient. :lol: Edited by YoloinOhio

Other Surprises (ish):

Sheldon Rankins going 10th to the Giants

Vernon Butler going 22nd to the Texans

Braxton Miller going 24th to the Bengals

TBD passed on him in the 5th 2 days ago in favor of a kicker :)

We also passed on Rankins about 3 or 4 times

That would be a great, great pick. I don't see him on the board at 19 though. His surgery was supposedly a success.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Kiper and McShay readily admit no one can predict who is drafting who. Their target (especially this early) is to get guys in the right range of where they are picked. Even then, you can find plenty of instances where they've had guys going top 5 in Jan-Feb who end up in the 2nd round or later (it's a bit hard to find though as ESPN tends to bury their content where their experts were really wrong).

so we need help at LB so draft a guy coming off knee issue who might not be ready for start of the season.

Who was a slam dunk top 10 pick / potential top 5 pick before the injury. Drafting a guy solely based upon filling a need or only worrying about production in year 1 is how bad teams stay bad.

This is a ridiculous post. If it weren't for guys like Kiper and McShay you wouldn't even know where to begin. It would be impossible for anyone to get the draft "75% right." But because of guys like them you have a good idea who's gonna go in what round. Did you "mock" the "experts" when the Bills took Donte Whitner 8th overall? If so, you were mocking the wrong party.

so we need help at LB so draft a guy coming off knee issue who might not be ready for start of the season.

He specifically said "if they can clear him" in the article.

Who was a slam dunk top 10 pick / potential top 5 pick before the injury. Drafting a guy solely based upon filling a need or only worrying about production in year 1 is how bad teams stay bad.

Correct.

This is a ridiculous post. If it weren't for guys like Kiper and McShay you wouldn't even know where to begin. It would be impossible for anyone to get the draft "75% right." But because of guys like them you have a good idea who's gonna go in what round. Did you "mock" the "experts" when the Bills took Donte Whitner 8th overall? If so, you were mocking the wrong party.

He specifically said "if they can clear him" in the article.

Correct.

Even so, most experts projected him in the middle of the 1st to Miami. It isn't like the Bills took some guy projected in the 5th at 8. I am with you that the mock draft guys are necessary and do a great job of telling you about where guys will go. The teams even use them as a guide somewhat.

That would be a great, great pick. I don't see him on the board at 19 though. His surgery was supposedly a success.

I think linebacker makes more sense for us in the first round than does d line. In our system, do you see Smith as the lighter of the two inside linebackers, the spot Bradham played this year? Or olb perhaps?

Yeah, he's certainly the biggest. I've just seen a very wide range of opinions on where Rankins, Butler, and Maliek Collins will go. I guess that's expected this early in the process though.

I think Rankins is a likely top-15 pick, but a near-certainty to go top-20. Butler I've got top-25.

By the way, if we somehow ended up with the draft in your sig line, I would dance nude in the street in celebration (even though I'm not a Mills or Oakman fan; those are still upside picks).