Sully column implies Rex is stealing the Pegula's money

JoeF

Theres no doubt the Ryan brothers are looking to cash out and get one last check from the bills. Remember both of them were completely SOL after a serious of disasterous seasons, and with no other suitors.

truth on hold is the right name in this particular case.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care or mind Ryan is in Hawaii. In a way, I prefer it.

Let Whaley get the groceries and have Ryan cook the meal. The less personnel meddling Ryan's involved in, the better, IMO.

if Sully had actually thought about it in terms of managing a staff, would you utilize Rex's strengths better bonding with Richie in Hawaii who they really need to sign to a reasonable FA deal - and potentially bond with other FAs from other teams for now or in the future - or evaluating college players during practice? I know where I'd send him if I were Pegs. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't care or mind Ryan is in Hawaii. In a way, I prefer it.

Let Whaley get the groceries and have Ryan cook the meal. The less personnel meddling Ryan's involved in, the better, IMO.

if Sully had actually thought about it in terms of managing a staff, would you utilize Rex's strengths better bonding with Richie in Hawaii who they really need to sign to a reasonable FA deal - and potentially bond with other FAs from other teams for now or in the future - or evaluating college players during practice? I know where I'd send him if I were Pegs.

The Bills already had Whaley, Monos, and Fisher there along with other scouts. There was no need to have Rex in Mobile.

Anytime I see that an article is written by either Jerry Sullivan or Bucky Gleason, I don't bother reading it. I'm still baffled that both of those guys have jobs with the garbage they continue to write.

It would be nice if they would just add an asterisk after "Buffalo News reports" to let us know a hack authored it.

I don't think Belichik would have gone regardless. it's worth noting however that there were no Patriots playing in the PB, and that part of Belichik's role with the team involves personnel. If Rex had no players there I doubt he'd have gone to Hawaii by himself.

Disagree. I don't think Rex was there because his players were. JMO.

I don't think Belichik would have gone regardless. it's worth noting however that there were no Patriots playing in the PB, and that part of Belichik's role with the team involves personnel. If Rex had no players there I doubt he'd have gone to Hawaii by himself.

I think this is mostly a tempest in a teapot, but I do believe there's something to the argument that Rex isn't as dedicated as some other coaches (although he's likely plenty dedicated). Belichick simply operates at a different level on the hours-put-in front -- certainly above Rex. But so did Gregg Williams, apparently. Belichick also happens to be really smart, which helps. I also don't think that whether players were there or not had anything to do with the presence (or lack thereof) of either coach.

Edited by dave mcbride

Rex is networking with a bunch of NFL players, coaches and staff at the Pro Bowl.

He's doing this while DW and his team of college talent evaluators are evaluating college players.

I'm not sure why Sully finds fault with this, except that he just likes to whine.

Edited by hondo in seattle

for the love of all that's holy.... STOP READING HIS ARTICLES!!!!

He is a low brow, jerry springer-two bit-hack.

I have a side agreement with TBN -- 2 cents a click.... ;-)

We all say stop reading him but what are our other options to feed our addiction..

Jerry has always been like that . We all disrespect him. The other thing I've noticed is not many on this board like Rex. Maybe they should take each other out to lunch once a week. Who hired Rex anyway? We have said "Next Year" to many times so I think we have regrets about Rex after last year and so it should be.

in the wide range it can be - last year the saints coaches stayed home and did film review, this year they brought Scouts, GM/execs, and the ENTIRE coaching staff.

theres no one answer but i find it odd that many are acting like theres NOTHING a coach could gain from seeing guys in pads in person, or live in a practice for the only opportunity they might get outside of shorts and a tshirt workouts.

maybe the saints end up with too many cooks in the kitchen, maybe the extra sets of eyes help pick up some hidden gems or red flags