Friday Mock Draft Day!

RyanC883

i have also heard Kenny Stills comparisons, but his hands actually scare me. The Bills, with the few times they throw, can't afford to throw to a guy who has a catch percentage like that.

A team that throws a lot can afford to put him out there for his speed and big play potential but the Bills need someone with a high catch percentage. May need to give up some speed for that. Problem is the lack of WR speed in this draft. Thank god we have Sammy.

Agree, it's surprising how slow these receivers are.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I'd like to find a WR in FA.

Don't trust this class, though I do think there are decent day 3 options like Garrett, Lawler, Allison, and Robby Anderson of Temple

Agree. I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that they should probably not use a pick in the first 3 rounds on a receiver. I think at most points it would require something of a reach. In terms of looking at needs and sticking closely to BPA double dipping on defense and an offensive tackle might be the way to go (though I have questions about the OT class too).

As you know I like Allison and Anderson as well. They are raw but pick one and let them ease their way in. You have Woods for 2016 - so long as one is ready for his inevitable departure next offseason then it would work for me.

First off, I doubt these guys would drop, but this was how it played out with Fanspeak's board. Second, we would need some sort of chaperone or team therapist.

19: R1P19
OLB NOAH SPENCE
EASTERN KENTUCKY
49: R2P18
DT ROBERT NKEMDICHE
OLE MISS
80: R3P17
OLB SU'A CRAVENS
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
118: R4P19
WR LEONTE CARROO
RUTGERS
156: R5P17
CB D.J. WHITE
GEORGIA TECH
195: R6P17
TE HENRY KRIEGER COBLE
IOWA

Using Fanspeak's rankings....

WR LAQUON TREADWELL
OLE MISS
DT VERNON BUTLER
LOUISIANA TECH
OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
ARIZONA
ILB NICK VIGIL
UTAH STATE
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BRIGHAM YOUNG
OT JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON STATE

CBF

I used Matt Miller's board (updated on 3/3) and, as per usual, tried to ignore guys that I felt would obviously not be there.

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P19
OLB DARRON LEE
OHIO STATE
Versatile LB with speed and coverage ability that Rex covets
2: R2P18
DT KENNY CLARK
UCLA
Stout lineman with wrestling background that can play in 1 or 2-gap scheme
3: R3P17
DE CARL NASSIB
PENN STATE
Edge defender with great measurables and pass-rushing upside
4: R4P19
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
Underrated safety prospect that can make plays in the box and has range to play center field
5: R5P17
DE MATT JUDON
GRAND VALLEY STATE
I wanted a WR here, but Kenny Lawler went a few picks before me...just couldn't pass on Judon's explosiveness here.
6: R6P17
QB BRANDON DOUGHTY
WESTERN KENTUCKY
My favorite of the developmental QBs

I used Drafttek and here is what I got...

trade 19 and 174 (895.6 points) for 24 and 87 (895)

trade 24 and 144 (773.5 points) for 29, 93, and 186 (783.8)

29 Jarran Reed solves the NT problem and allows Marcel to kick out to DE

49 Jayron Kearse safety is a big need on this team

80 Josh Perry OLB attention given to all 3 levels of the defense and all of these guys fit the 3-4

87 Kamelei Correa OLB LB is a huge need on this team

93 Jack Allen C versatility to play all along the line, nice depth and potential to take over for Wood in a year or 2

114 Tyler Matakevich ILB leader of a tough Owls D and as stated LB is a huge need

186 Cardale Jones QB - no way is he here this late but I will take it! Qb to groom.

Gives Rex the tools to revamp the defense in his image, rebuilds the lb group, help for the o-line, and a qb to groom. I would be very happy with a draft like this and I think outside of Cardale all of these players could be available at these spots.

I used Drafttek and here is what I got...

trade 19 and 174 (895.6 points) for 24 and 87 (895)

trade 24 and 144 (773.5 points) for 29, 93, and 186 (783.8)

29 Jarran Reed solves the NT problem and allows Marcel to kick out to DE

49 Jayron Kearse safety is a big need on this team

80 Josh Perry OLB attention given to all 3 levels of the defense and all of these guys fit the 3-4

87 Kamelei Correa OLB LB is a huge need on this team

93 Jack Allen C versatility to play all along the line, nice depth and potential to take over for Wood in a year or 2

114 Tyler Matakevich ILB leader of a tough Owls D and as stated LB is a huge need

186 Cardale Jones QB - no way is he here this late but I will take it! Qb to groom.

Gives Rex the tools to revamp the defense in his image, rebuilds the lb group, help for the o-line, and a qb to groom. I would be very happy with a draft like this and I think outside of Cardale all of these players could be available at these spots.

I'll be astonished if Correa is there at 49, much less 87, but that draft would be nice.

My ideal draft and players I think will be on the board...

1. Shaq Lawson

2. Deion Jones

3. Jeremy Cash

4. DJ Reader

5. Kenyan Drake

6. Best Olineman remaining

Defense would be a strength for years to come and it would ensure Brady won't make it to 42 in the AFC East. Release Kyle Williams spend the extra money on the offense.

OLB DARRON LEE

OHIO STATE

DT VERNON BUTLER

LOUISIANA TECH

DE CHARLES TAPPER

OKLAHOMA

OT KYLE MURPHY

STANFORD

CB TAVON YOUNG

TEMPLE

WR DANIEL BRAVERMAN

WESTERN MICHIGAN

Edited by YoloinOhio

DE SHAQ LAWSON

CLEMSON

OLB KYLER FACKRELL

UTAH STATE

C NICK MARTIN

NOTRE DAME

WR CHARONE PEAKE

CLEMSON

OT JOE HAEG

NORTH DAKOTA STATE

QB JAKE COKER

ALABAMA

I know it's not Friday.. but .. here it is. Keep in mind I have the premium version and I accepted a few trades to move back and accumulate more picks ( in each case I still got the guy I was targeting in that round). I also traded one of those extra picks to trade up to get D.J. Reader in Rd 5.

I used Fanspeak's updated 3/8 board which seemed to be very reasonable.

19: R1P19 - ILB REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA - ( I struggled with this pick, my heart tells me to go with one of the good OT's left Conklin or Decker if either of them are available.. but Rex really needs a stud MLB to run the show ( Preston Brown struggled last year). Ragland appears to stand apart from all the other ILB candidates.. and apparently he's lost some weight and showed in Senior Bowl that he can move around to other LB positions. Accordingly .. due to his potential versatility and the glaring need at LB I went with Ragland. )

49: R2P18 -WR BRAXTON MILLER - OHIO STATE - ( At this point there were a few good edge guys available like Fackrell and Cravens.. however.. based on what the Bills did last year in getting Percy Harvin.. and based on the fact they have close to zero dollars to spend in FA on a WR.. I went with Miller here.. who ideally can be a jack of all trades ( hitches, screens, reverses, deep ball) like Harvin was last year for the first few games)

88: R3P25 - CB XAVIEN HOWARD - BAYLOR - ( Another tough pick.. Dak Prescott was available here.. but Whaley has consistently said that anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds should be a starter or at least get on the field in his rookie year. Due to losing McKelvin and Brooks to FA.. I think Howard will fill a big depth need at CB and from what I read he is a good physical press corner which Rex looks for)

118: R4P19 - G CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN - ARIZONA STATE - ( nothing exciting here... with Urbik leaving in FA we need a swing backup guard. Hopefully Westerman can develop into that guy. From what I've read he is somewhat physically limited but is very smart and has good FBI)

126: R4P27 - OLB KAMALEI CORREA - BOISE STATE - ( Big LB who could potentially play on the edge. From what I've read he has been very solid and seems to be underrated and overlooked. Seems to me like a good value for RD 4)

145: R5P6 - DT D.J. READER - CLEMSON - ( I think this will be a steal if he falls this far. He is a mammoth run stuffing NT which is exactly what Rex needs in the middle. I think you could plug him in right away to clog up the middle, take on double teams to free up the LBs and put Dareus and KW on the edges to wreak havoc. Think Tony Siragusa back in the Ravens hey day

Edited by Bocephuz

I know it's not Friday.. but .. here it is. Keep in mind I have the premium version and I accepted a few trades to move back and accumulate more picks ( in each case I still got the guy I was targeting in that round). I also traded one of those extra picks to trade up to get D.J. Reader in Rd 5.

I used Fanspeak's updated 3/8 board which seemed to be very reasonable.

19: R1P19 - ILB REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA - ( I struggled with this pick, my heart tells me to go with one of the good OT's left Conklin or Decker if either of them are available.. but Rex really needs a stud MLB to run the show ( Preston Brown struggled last year). Ragland appears to stand apart from all the other ILB candidates.. and apparently he's lost some weight and showed in Senior Bowl that he can move around to other LB positions. Accordingly .. due to his potential versatility and the glaring need at LB I went with Ragland. )

49: R2P18 -WR BRAXTON MILLER - OHIO STATE - ( At this point there were a few good edge guys available like Fackrell and Cravens.. however.. based on what the Bills did last year in getting Percy Harvin.. and based on the fact they have close to zero dollars to spend in FA on a WR.. I went with Miller here.. who ideally can be a jack of all trades ( hitches, screens, reverses, deep ball) like Harvin was last year for the first few games)

88: R3P25 - CB XAVIEN HOWARD - BAYLOR - ( Another tough pick.. Dak Prescott was available here.. but Whaley has consistently said that anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds should be a starter or at least get on the field in his rookie year. Due to losing McKelvin and Brooks to FA.. I think Howard will fill a big depth need at CB and from what I read he is a good physical press corner which Rex looks for)

118: R4P19 - G CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN - ARIZONA STATE - ( nothing exciting here... with Urbik leaving in FA we need a swing backup guard. Hopefully Westerman can develop into that guy. From what I've read he is somewhat physically limited but is very smart and has good FBI)

126: R4P27 - OLB KAMALEI CORREA - BOISE STATE - ( Big LB who could potentially play on the edge. From what I've read he has been very solid and seems to be underrated and overlooked. Seems to me like a good value for RD 4)

145: R5P6 - DT D.J. READER - CLEMSON - ( I think this will be a steal if he falls this far. He is a mammoth run stuffing NT which is exactly what Rex needs in the middle. I think you could plug him in right away to clog up the middle, take on double teams to free up the LBs and put Dareus and KW on the edges to wreak havoc. Think Tony Siragusa back in the Ravens hey day

I will do a naked back flip into a pool of butterscotch pudding if we land Correa in round 4...I think he's a top-35 pick and that he'll end up going in round 1.

DJ Reader is my guy at NT...if we can land him round 4 or later I'm thrilled.

I will do a naked back flip into a pool of butterscotch pudding if we land Correa in round 4...I think he's a top-35 pick and that he'll end up going in round 1.

DJ Reader is my guy at NT...if we can land him round 4 or later I'm thrilled.

Yeah... for some reason in a lot of Mocks I've seen Correa is going in 3rd or 4th round... I'll bet that changes as we get closer to the real day

Reader is a perfect fit for our scheme. No reason to draft a DT or DE in first few rounds... lotta good choices in later rounds.

Yeah... for some reason in a lot of Mocks I've seen Correa is going in 3rd or 4th round... I'll bet that changes as we get closer to the real day

Reader is a perfect fit for our scheme. No reason to draft a DT or DE in first few rounds... lotta good choices in later rounds.

I agree that there's no reason to force the DL selection early due to depth. I do think, however, that they should pull the trigger if a guy like Rankins or Lawson drops to them. Too much value not to do so IMO.

I agree that there's no reason to force the DL selection early due to depth. I do think, however, that they should pull the trigger if a guy like Rankins or Lawson drops to them. Too much value not to do so IMO.

I don't think I'd take either in the 1st round.

if we had Schwartz's scheme still I would definitely consider both but in Rex' D I don't see a good fit for either. Of the 2 Rankins has the size to play 3-4 DE.. but I think it would be a waste of his talent.. he's better off in a 4-3. I don't think Lawson is a good fit for a 3-4. He is a little too big to be dropping back in coverage and handling all the responsibilities of 3-4 OLB/EDGE and too small to be a stout 3-4 DE.