Josh Gordon Reinstated to the NFL; Must Serve 4 Game Ban

He would be under contract with the Browns this year for 1.1 million and a restricted free agent next year. The Browns would lose nothing by giving him a chance this year assuming he is reinstated. If he returns to form in 2016, then they'll keep him thereafter. I don't see how we would have an opportunity to sign him unless the Brown pass on him. I don't see that happening. How stupid would they look if they let go a guy that good over a lousy 1 million when they have plenty of cap space and are desperate for talent? A million bucks is not much of a price tag in the modern NFL.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would be under contract with the Browns this year for 1.1 million and a restricted free agent next year. The Browns would lose nothing by giving him a chance this year assuming he is reinstated. If he returns to form in 2016, then they'll keep him thereafter. I don't see how we would have an opportunity to sign him unless the Brown pass on him. I don't see that happening. How stupid would they look if they let go a guy that good over a lousy 1 million when they have plenty of cap space and are desperate for talent? A million bucks is not much of a price tag in the modern NFL.

You would think. But sometimes teams want a fresh start. Or the player wants out.

The browns would be smart to wait on this guy. He has stayed out of trouble his only vice is weed and drinking. No violence like JFF so you'd think they would give him a shot. I mean he would have played this past season if he knew the league year ended in March and not after the last game of the season. He's not a locker room problem so he really is a low risk with a potential huge reward esp with a new qb coming their way.

• 2 weeks later...

So much for a rebuild. Get rid of him please. Time to move on. One year wonder.

send him our way then. we thrive on such players.

The browns would be smart to wait on this guy. He has stayed out of trouble his only vice is weed and drinking. No violence like JFF so you'd think they would give him a shot. I mean he would have played this past season if he knew the league year ended in March and not after the last game of the season. He's not a locker room problem so he really is a low risk with a potential huge reward esp with a new qb coming their way.

thats two vices , are you so drunk and stoned you can no longer count.

0:)

When he is not making dumb decisions off the field he was one of the most dynamic WR on field in the league. There is no way that hot mess in Cleveland is going to let that go. Hell, hire bodyguards for him like Dallas did with Dez Bryant. It might not be fair, but elite athletes get a much bigger pass on off the field stuff. The higher you are on the NFL food chain, the more teams look the other way. I'm not justifying it, but I understand it.

I'm in sales management, and when I've had studs over the years who are Presidents Club guys, when they make dumbass decisions like a guy I managed about 10 years ago got absolutely s$%t as# drunk at a National Sales meeting and made an ars out of himself at the bar, I heard it big time from my VP. I spoke with him about it, and let it go. If he did it again the next year when in the proverbial fishbowl, I'd have to let him go, but he didn't. A C player who's not making his number i would have to let him go. I'm abbreviating as it was more than just being drunk, but you get the picture. when you bring in several million dollars a year, and you make the AVP look good, you get a mulligan, but not four.

When he is not making dumb decisions off the field he was one of the most dynamic WR on field in the league. There is no way that hot mess in Cleveland is going to let that go. Hell, hire bodyguards for him like Dallas did with Dez Bryant. It might not be fair, but elite athletes get a much bigger pass on off the field stuff. The higher you are on the NFL food chain, the more teams look the other way. I'm not justifying it, but I understand it.

I'm in sales management, and when I've had studs over the years who are Presidents Club guys, when they make dumbass decisions like a guy I managed about 10 years ago got absolutely s$%t as# drunk at a National Sales meeting and made an ars out of himself at the bar, I heard it big time from my VP. I spoke with him about it, and let it go. If he did it again the next year when in the proverbial fishbowl, I'd have to let him go, but he didn't. A C player who's not making his number i would have to let him go. I'm abbreviating as it was more than just being drunk, but you get the picture. when you bring in several million dollars a year, and you make the AVP look good, you get a mulligan, but not four.

the only off the field issue was a dui a few years ago. the other things are failed drug tests for weed and the infamous rum and coke on a plane after the season was over. he's not a terrell suggs or other serial woman abuser he's a guy that likes to smoke pot and drink. he might need a sobriety coach but that's about it.

• 4 weeks later...

If I were the Bills, I'd go to the league and say "look, we did fine with RI, so get Cleveland to trade him to us by saying you won't re-instate him until he's off your team and we'll set him on the straight and narrow."

If he wanted out of Cleveland and the Browns hand was forced so to speak to trade him I would love to see him on the Bills. I think he is such a talent and his off-field problems seem like they could be behind him. But I think that the Browns will likely hold onto him for this season. A potential dynamic talent whose return on a trade would be very low. Bottom line I don't think the Browns are stupid enough to sell low on him.

If he wanted out of Cleveland and the Browns hand was forced so to speak to trade him I would love to see him on the Bills. I think he is such a talent and his off-field problems seem like they could be behind him. But I think that the Browns will likely hold onto him for this season. A potential dynamic talent whose return on a trade would be very low. Bottom line I don't think the Browns are stupid enough to sell low on him.

I would be shocked if the Browns traded him. Then again, this is the Browns. I'd offer a 2nd for him without batting an eye. Throw in Woods even and make it a 3rd. No sane team would accept, but who knows how the owners feel about him. Perhaps they don't want him back after dealing with Manzel. We'll take him. I like another poster's suggestion of having RI teach him how to bounce-back.

I would be shocked if the Browns traded him. Then again, this is the Browns. I'd offer a 2nd for him without batting an eye. Throw in Woods even and make it a 3rd. No sane team would accept, but who knows how the owners feel about him. Perhaps they don't want him back after dealing with Manzel. We'll take him. I like another poster's suggestion of having RI teach him how to bounce-back.

Coming off a year long stretch for a drug suspension and zero proven track record for sustained sobriety? A 2nd round pick? Seriously?