Josh Gordon Reinstated to the NFL; Must Serve 4 Game Ban

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon failed yet another drug test and will have to apply for reinstatement yet again at a later date.

Cleveland.com's report stated that Gordon could later apply for reinstatement but did not specify a date on which he could do so. Pro Football Talk later reported that Gordon could do so on Aug. 1.

well they could stop testing in the off season for weed. it seems the nba guys have learned to stop smoking between oct 1 and june 1 or whatever dates they may be. the nfl has an even shorter season so most player could smoke between jan or feb 1 and aug 1. weed is becoming legal but the nfl seems to want to live in the old days with it and it's just hurting them getting star players on the field. i mean gordon has been arrested one time for dui and is out of the league cause of weed. yet terrell suggs poured bleach on his child and wife and he's a star player and hasn't missed games.

might as well do cocaine. out of the system in days. which is really f'd up. because that is a bad drug for sure

Pot stays in your system months, and depending on the testing it can be detected 6 months back depending on level of usage.

Lets keep in mind, Josh did not test positive. He failed the test because he was trying to cheat by diluting the sample.

This is a stupid discussion and he should just be banned if the NFL is serious. Otherwise this retest is as silly as can be.

He cheated the test !!

and if you cannot reign in whatever you need to for your career then you are not serious anyways.

i have lost interest in his recovery at this point, if he diluted his sample .

silly conversation

Edited by 3rdand12

Exactly, glad he's not our mess. Too bad as he was talented and stupid over and over again. He basically was getting ready for the big contract before this mess and would have recvd a $50 mil payday. Now all he has is what he gained in a rookie UDFA contract which is nothing over several years.

Weed is not physically addictive, psychology, sure. If somebody feels better when they do something and they keep repeating it over and over, try stopping. Not so easy on the mind. I don't agree with the NFL or the FEDS position on MJ. It benefits symptoms many NFL players experience and is much better than pain killers (which are physically addictive). Having said all this, no different than Joe Schmo, if your employer drug tests and you fail, you stand a very good chance of losing your job. Those are the outlines the civilian world has to adhere too and the NFL will not deviate. IF the FED legalizes, at that point, we will see many employers and likely the NFL be ok with MJ. On a state level it does nothing for employee benefits. In fact drug testing has actually increased in states that have it legalized, not decreased, and even with a medical prescription you still can't use it and be employed at a job with a drug free work place.

Weed is not physically addictive, psychology, sure. If somebody feels better when they do something and they keep repeating it over and over, try stopping. Not so easy on the mind. I don't agree with the NFL or the FEDS position on MJ. It benefits symptoms many NFL players experience and is much better than pain killers (which are physically addictive). Having said all this, no different than Joe Schmo, if your employer drug tests and you fail, you stand a very good chance of losing your job. Those are the outlines the civilian world has to adhere too and the NFL will not deviate. IF the FED legalizes, at that point, we will see many employers and likely the NFL be ok with MJ. On a state level it does nothing for employee benefits. In fact drug testing has actually increased in states that have it legalized, not decreased, and even with a medical prescription you still can't use it and be employed at a job with a drug free work place.

Drug use leads to careless mistakes......careless mistakes lead to injury at work......injury leads to lawsuits AGAINST employers.

We live in a litigious society........look at Gordon's agent who wants to turn Gordon blowing another test into a payday because word slipped out that he was still using federally illegal drugs!

The NFL is like any employer.....they don't want unnecessary trouble.

Their drug policy is basically a sham conducted for legal/political reasons.

They don't expect these guys to not smoke weed or even not use HGH.

They expect them to PASS THEIR TESTS. :doh:

If you f*ck that up you naturally get increasingly scrutinized........for the benefit of both the owners and the players association.

It's funny listening to the people that think the NFL is punishing a player for using marijuana......they are punishing him for being unceasingly careless.

Mike Florio's position on Gordon makes no sense:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/12/nfls-position-on-josh-gordon-makes-no-sense/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

The position makes no sense (with all respect due - none) for if a player is going to continually violate rules because he cannot quit. He is technically banned for life so Mike Florio wants NFL to waive the failed dilution tests and have them tell Gordon another failed test will result in another year ban. If he cannot stay straight until the pretest before getting back into NFL he will not last a year and is not worth headaches.

With NFL trying to expand internationally they need to put league in Jamaica; call it their WFL (weeding-out football league).

Edited by Koolaid

Drug use leads to careless mistakes......careless mistakes lead to injury at work......injury leads to lawsuits AGAINST employers.

We live in a litigious society........look at Gordon's agent who wants to turn Gordon blowing another test into a payday because word slipped out that he was still using federally illegal drugs!

The NFL is like any employer.....they don't want unnecessary trouble.

Their drug policy is basically a sham conducted for legal/political reasons.

They don't expect these guys to not smoke weed or even not use HGH.

They expect them to PASS THEIR TESTS. :doh:

If you f*ck that up you naturally get increasingly scrutinized........for the benefit of both the owners and the players association.

It's funny listening to the people that think the NFL is punishing a player for using marijuana......they are punishing him for being unceasingly careless.

I don't know if this post was aimed more at me or just your general thoughts. He needs to hold himself accountable for his actions. It really doesn't matter how people feel about the laws or the rules. They're in place, he agreed to them, he didn't follow them. Same consequence many normal people find themselves in with random drug testing every day.

I don't know if this post was aimed more at me or just your general thoughts. He needs to hold himself accountable for his actions. It really doesn't matter how people feel about the laws or the rules. They're in place, he agreed to them, he didn't follow them. Same consequence many normal people find themselves in with random drug testing every day.

I was supporting your point about it merely being a term of employment.

There are people here who think this is about cracking down on marijuana use and that is pretty naive, IMO.

It's not up to the NFL to legalize it.

It's coming and when it does the NFL will comply.

There are people here who think this is about cracking down on marijuana use and that is pretty naive, IMO.

I'm dumb right now. Agree completely.

Not necessarily; there are legal drugs the NFL restricts as do other sporting leagues.

Not necessarily; there are legal drugs the NFL restricts as do other sporting leagues.

Some employers might enforce if they legalize at the FED level. I suspect that would be more an exception than the rule, but it will happen, no different than some employers not employing smokers. Having said that, if the FED does legalize, I think the NFL will end testing for this substance. Just my opinion.

Boom! Roasted.

:thumbsup::lol: