KC vs The Pack ? 50 yrs Later?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be incredible match, to repeat Max McGee, Ray Nitschke, Willie Lanier, Dawson, Herb Adderley, Willie Wood, The Hammer Williamson, Fuzzy Thurston, wow....what a hype that could be for the fans of KC and GB.

Great thought D in Philly

The fix is in.

that thought does cross my mind.. lol.. but say it aint so!

That would be incredible match, to repeat Max McGee, Ray Nitschke, Willie Lanier, Dawson, Herb Adderley, Willie Wood, The Hammer Williamson, Fuzzy Thurston, wow....what a hype that could be for the fans of KC and GB.

Great thought D in Philly

:thumbsup:

The bills should have been in the first SB

Yep, at the time with technology being what it was The NFL printed the possible superbowl one combinations. based on on who made it too the conference championship games. At the time I think there was only one week between the championship games and the superbowl.

Somewhere buried deep in the man cave. And purchased in the early days of e bay. i purchased a pair of tickets still held together. The tickets quite large. were The Buffalo Bills vs. the Green Bay Packers for superbowl one. pretty cool useless artifacts. What it could have been.

It's nostalgic, but highly unlikely. GB will not beat AZ, then Carolina or Seattle. All three are much better teams. I'm pulling for AZ. It's too bad Big Ben, Antonio Brown, and Deangelo are hurt as that would be a neat rematch. Pittsburgh when healthy had a real shot at beating Denver and NE. They beat Denver a few weeks ago, and came close with NE in week 1 and did not have AB.

It's going to be a Manning v Brady I think, only because losing Greshem is tough on KC. I'll root for KC though.

i will always maintain the bills would have given green bay a much better game, and possibly could have won.. the D was good.. damn good..

Not that I watched the games but the historical data indictes the team was in rapid decline. Maybe the 64 or 65 teams could have given the NFL champ a run or won. The 67 team won 4 games and the 68 team won 1 game. The victory totals for the team from 64 to 68 were 12-10-9-4-1.

Edited by Charles Romes

Not that I watched the games but the historical data indictes the team was in rapid decline. Maybe the 64 or 65 teams could have given the NFL champ a run or won. The 67 team won 4 games and the 68 team won 1 game. The victory totals for the team from 64 to 68 were 12-10-9-4-1.

^^

This!

While the roster resembled the previous 2 Championship teams, Saban was gone, the Bills squeaked into the playoffs with a 9-4-1 record, while losing both games to East rival Boston. KC creamed us in the opener at Home and we were 3-3-1 at the mid point. Lamonica saw a lot of action at QB and Oakland snatched him away at seasons' end. The better team won that day as evidenced by KC continuing to make the playoffs, losing to Oakland in the next Title game then returning a to -and winning SBIV.

as has been discussed on here thousands of times, the downfall did start with the lamonica trade , and yes, the bills kind of backed in that year, but i think they had a D that year that was more in tune to stop the pack.. IMHO .. not sayin that would have won.. there has been lots of speculation over the years , especially from the players on that team, that they matched up better .

Edited by dwight in philly

The bills should have been in the first SB

I was at that AFL Champlonship game in 1966 and no the Bills should not have won. It was obvious over the course of that season that the Bills were on the decline. I remember having little hope walking into the "Old Rock Pile" that day.

I was at that AFL Champlonship game in 1966 and no the Bills should not have won. It was obvious over the course of that season that the Bills were on the decline. I remember having little hope walking into the "Old Rock Pile" that day.

the first play of the game , dudley meredith, a D lineman on the kickoff team fumbled the opening kickoff, fore-telling what was to come. and, again, they werent the 64-65 bills , but would loved to have seen them matched up against the pack.