RG3 as the Bills backup QB?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If TT goes down or regresses we can not have EJ Manuel in the lineup. That cost us a playoff spot this year.

Please explain this.

It could be said that EJ cost us the Jaguars game, however, we were ahead before Blake Bortles led the Mighty Jaguars offense on a 87 yard TD drive with help from the refs. But surely you're not suggesting that if Tyrod started vs Bungles we would have won that game, are you?

Our QB laying an egg at the end of both Patsies** games, Eagles, and Cheaps hurt our chances more IMHO.

I'm still holding out hope for Skelton

I'm thinking we will have to add on to Mario though.

I think they know we want to get rid of him. May have to sweeten the deal with Watkins

CBF

Even though Watkins cost us 4 1st round draft picks - it is time to cut our losses.

It's a sad testament to the Bills fan's psyche that one would even mention acquiring a flash in the pan like RG3.

Is there no dumpster we would;t dive in??

Some people just can never acknowledge his moment in the sun is over. Look how long some clung to the Vince Young fantasy.

Just why, exactly?

You would seriously take EJ over RGIII?

No one is saying RGIII is great. That's why the argument is for him to be the #2 in an offseason where there really are not many better options. He has at least one solid season under his belt as a starter. If you need RGIII to give you 2 or 3 solid to maybe even good games in the middle of the season if your starter goes down he can get you those whereas EJ proved this past year that he can't even give you that. Griffin actually beat Jacksonville.

Someone's gonna give him money and a chance at starting... we are not that someone.

Agreed

Competent veteran? That's so far from RGIII, That's like saying Tim Tebow is a competent veteran.

I'd take EJ as our backup over RGIII any day of the week.

Don't disagree, but, why?

that's my feeling... EJ out.... a competent veteran who can play in the system IN.

Draft the future 4th-7th round or next year after thoroughly evaluating TT.

Meaning no offense, but why do you consider RGIII "a competent veteran who can play in the system"?

Do the naysayers really feel comfortable with EJ as our #2. Personally he is a great kid with a great attitude and a good teammate. He just isn't a capable quarterback. We need a better #2. Who should it be?

We should draft a kid in the mid-rounds if we feel someone there has potential, and we should keep our eye on the "dark horse free agent" market.

Some people just can never acknowledge his moment in the sun is over. Look how long some clung to the Vince Young fantasy.

I think that's what it is. We are still hoping for Magical Mystery Man who will lift us to the promised land. So we cling to any possibility that has some prior magic about it - VY, RGIII, Rex - even if that magic has been followed by years of failures.

Wait, you want to TRADE for RGIII and take on his $16M salary, as a QB "Plan B"? While Overdorf is already sitting there with the Bills salary cap sheet in front of him, trying to figure out what player we might just as soon keep he must cut to sign Incognito and Glenn and extend Gilmore?

Don't Drink and Bowl.

R-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ight. And what players do you plan to cut, or let go in FA, to make room, and how will you fill those holes?

I suggest Zofran for that nauseous feeling. I could be wrong, I often am, but I'm thinking you'll be seeing EJ at least in training camp/preseaso

EJ is not an NFL QB having him in camp would be a disservice to Bills fans

I think that's what it is. We are still hoping for Magical Mystery Man who will lift us to the promised land. So we cling to any possibility that has some prior magic about it - VY, RGIII, Rex - even if that magic has been followed by years of failures.

There have been enough examples of reclamation projects prospering in new settings to make that seem quite possible.