2016 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class Announced

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Greene? Was he really that good?

I'm skeptical of Edgerrin James being in the HOF.

I remember Greene being a sack monster but other than that (and that is a big that) I don't remember him being a dominant force in the other facets but mine is a very casual remembrance.

Kevin Greene was very good for a lot of years, but the HOF should be reserved for only the best of the best and I don't think he fit that criterion. If you asked any really astute football fan or coach who were the best LBers of Greene's era you probably wouldn't hear his name mentioned often in the top 3-4.

I think Stabler could get in as a geezer.

Farve, Kurt Warner, Orlando Pace, and Tony Dungy probably will.

I think Don Coryell should be already in the HOF.

No to TO for now, but he'll get in, just not on the first time.

From that list, I think Favre is a lock.

Pace should also be a HOF'er.

The rest are debatable.

T.O. Probably belongs in. Maybe not on first ballot.

Harrison - borderline

Atwater was good. Not sure HOF worthy

Terrell Davis was great but injuries shortened his career. Probably belongs in.

Warner is debatable too. Very good for a while, but just don't know. Probably belongs in at some point.

Morten Anderson should get in.

Lynch should get in

Atwater, maybe.

Faneca, Jacoby, Dungy, Greene, James - probably not worthy.

I thought Coryel was already in. Probably should be.

TO should be a first ballot HOF'er for sure. His number get him in now.

Has any HC lost more playoff games than Dungy?

Favre is easy, but will Warner get in this year with Favre?

Coryell is experiencing the bias against coaches who couldn't get to the show. But when you look at the HOF coaches from that Gillman tree, he is in some great company.

GO BILLS!!!

Kevin Greene is 3rd all time in sacks.......

I think Greene / Favre / Warner / Pace will make it. There's been a recent emphasis on WRs because there's a bit of a log jam, so that could help Harrison (or TO). I do wonder if Harrison's involvement in the supposed murder investigation and that he's disappeared a bit since that incident will harm his inclusion.

• 4 weeks later...
'Out-and-out ridiculous'
Former St. Louis Rams coach Mike Martz weighed in on Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt's snub from the Hall of Fame finalist ballot and Terrell Owens leapfrogging the two into the finals, calling it 'plain out-and-out ridiculous.'

Not surprising given how closely associated Bruce and Holt are with Marttz.

Martz is right to stand up for his guys, but it's the Hall of FAME. Put Bruce and Holt together, and they still don't come close to equalling TO.

TO was a selfish player who battled the media and never got a ring. Holt made more pro bowls during the same era, and was a very consistent reason they were good to competitive from year to year. One thing that speaks volumes is target completion rate, where Holt was significantly better than TO. If I was any one associated with Lambs during that era, I'd be fighting for Holt for sure

TO should be a first ballot HOF'er for sure. His number get him in now.

Has any HC lost more playoff games than Dungy?

Favre is easy, but will Warner get in this year with Favre?

If Dungy lost a lot of playoff games, it's because he went to the playoffs a lot. And each year all but one playoff run ends in a loss. In other words, the vast majority of good coaches end their seasons with a playoff loss. The bad coaches end up without playoff appearances.

Dungy, on the other hand, is the only HC in NFL history to go to the playoffs 10 consecutive years. Think of all the great coaches in NFL history who can't match that feat. It's pretty amazing, especially when you consider Dungy did it with two different teams.

He has a 139-69 lifetime record as a HC. IMHO, he's very HOF worthy. One of the most worthy on this year's list.

And I'm hoping The Snake gets in as an old-timer.

Edited by hondo in seattle

It sure is nice that Andre Reed is in, and we don't have that annual angst about lack of respect for him. He certainly deserves to be in and it was terrible it took so long. Tasker, and Kent Hull for that matter, I'd like to see in, but neither has a good chance, I'm afraid.