Article about Bills future..compares to Rams

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question:

Does anybody think that the riots had any effect on the owner wanting to get away from St. Louis?

I have zero idea if the riots did or did not impact the decision but the possibility has crossed my mind several times.

Then why would he move to LA, home of one of the most famous race riots in history?

Then why would he move to LA, home of one of the most famous race riots in history?

Good question. Any ideas?

Perhaps because one would think that LA has a lot more going for it than St. Louis. It had the power to bounce back. Ya think there will ever be another CVS in Ferguson?

I will say this: if I owned the Rams I would think long and hard about getting out of there. It's sad too because I suspect that the criminals who burned down the CVS, car dealership, etc. were mostly out of town political agitators as opposed to community residents, but I am guessing.

I'm still kind of worried about the fact that he also owns the Sabres. If the NFL finds out about that, they might make him sell/move one or both teams.

:lol: for some reason this never gets old for me.

There is zero reason to worry with Kim and Terry at the helm. Future generations of Pegulas... who knows? The NFL is a highly manipulated supply and demand situation. There is a monopoly protected small number of teams pitted against a much larger number of cities that want them. There will always be tension in Buffalo over this because Buffalo, absent the regional concept including Toronto, is a small market team.

That article was sofa king we todd did. So, Kim and Terry Pegula are going to invest millions of dollars into the harborcenter which is dedicated to hockey, only to eventually sell the Sabres because the NFL will not let anyone own a sports franchise in two separate cities, just so the Pegula's could move the Bills outside WNY? :death::censored::wallbash: I forgot the author's name, was it Stu Pitt or Moe Ron?

Garbage article like 99.9% of the media today. But here's the different between Kroenke and Pegula, one is a commuity-focused, obvious family man, and diehard sports fan. One is an investor. This entire NFL model is built on investment and greed, Pegula I think doesn't give two sh!ts about squeezing every last nickel from local government and the fans whereas this joke in St. Louis is taking his proverbial football home because rather than fund the stadium himself with his $6B fortune, he wants taxpayers to pay for it and pay to enter it. I'm not saying Pegula won't ask, I'm saying the point is clearly one about maximizing profit rather than any semblance or care for the place you;ve extracted parts of your fortune from.

This writer misses the point here. Pegula appears to be old school, more interested in the sport and the community than in how much it'll make him. And let's be honest, what it comes down to is how much profit it enough? Pegula is making profit hand over fist annually, not including the increased value of the asset. So he is not ever losing money. One thing that can cut into his profit? Debt service on a new stadium. I still suspect that he may consider staying in OP in the county stadium beyond the end of the lease.

Kroenke on the other hand, is making money hand over fist (all NFL teams are profitable) but he's taken the tact (greed) that taxpayers should invest in his stadium so he can make more. We've come, disgustingly, to accept socialized debt for privatized profit. He's basically made it clear that he doesn't care about the community or the taxpayers or the lack of credibility he has as an owner and only cares about money. And because the NFL cares about money more than the integrity of the game or the integrity of the shield, they see nothing wrong with playing communities against each other for taxpayer dollars nor do they see any problem with acting like hookers, ostensibly taking payment and then leaving when the wallet is empty.

So owners of marginal yet highly profitable (but not profitable enough it seems) teams in small markets have mobility. But at the same time, the large market teams that would never move play the same game. Lizard Face got how many millions from Dallas-area govts?

The problem arises now when owners see NFL teams as pure investments, that is their own asset, rather than commuity assets. The only community asset they care about are the handouts they get. (Kroenke is clearly one, Haslam and Khan appear to as well.

The bigger question for the NFL is going to be what happens when they have two teams in LA and the one shut out team plus others like Jacksonville can't pry money from the the local government and there are limited if any places looking to do the same to lure them? I think the NFL's revenue sharing structure is the problem. The disparity between the large markets and small markets is so great that the small markets struggle to keep up AND the large markets hammer on them to try. How many owners have told WNY we need a new stadium? Why? Because they benefit right, because ticket prices will go up and each team gets a larger share of the gate without investing a single penny. So of course Bob Kraft is going to tell us we need to finance a new stadium, he'd get more money every year from our gate by doing nothing. Pretty nice set up huh? But realistically, there will always be small market teams. The 30th largest region is tiny compared to NYC or LA. The league doesn't just need these teams, they're stuck with them, unless they move all 32 teams to NYC, Chicago, LA.

Damn I hate the business side of the NFL (and as every day passes the players and the product).

Actually, the Pegulas agreed that on Fridays of each week they would transfer ownership to Russ Brandon for 1 day. It reverts back to them at midnight on Saturday each week.

Because they own the team only on a "part-time basis" (as the NFL deems it) they are allowed to own both the Sabres and Bills.

If you'll notice you never see the Pegulas in any official Bills capacity on a Friday. Plus why do you think Russ runs both of their teams?

They actually have to take the odd step of not talking to Russ on Fridays if they run into him, lest the NFL catch on and call shenanigans.

Actually, the Pegulas agreed that on Fridays of each week they would transfer ownership to Russ Brandon for 1 day. It reverts back to them at midnight on Saturday each week.

Because they own the team only on a "part-time basis" (as the NFL deems it) they are allowed to own both the Sabres and Bills.

If you'll notice you never see the Pegulas in any official Bills capacity on a Friday. Plus why do you think Russ runs both of their teams?

They actually have to take the odd step of not talking to Russ on Fridays if they run into him, lest the NFL catch on and call shenanigans.

Where it really gets tricky is when somebody suggests getting drinks after work at TGI Friday's. All hell breaks loose.

So essentially, a power hungry Russ Brandon could !@#$ it all up and not sell them back, and move all home games to the Carrier Dome, and call it expanding the market?

This article could have been written comparing almost any other team to the Rams situation because the only team in the NFL that is truly safe from relocation is the Green Bay Packers.

I am confident that as long as the Pegula’s are the owners, the team will stay put.

Do you really think that the NFL is not aware that he owns the Sabres too (which he is allowed to do) or is my sarcasm meter not working today?

Umm, you haven't read much on here have you? This is a long running joke which emerged during the bidding process. It is akin to F5 or dinner at Tempo's or Deers or Ground up and in the freezer. It is not a serious comment whatsoever.

So essentially, a power hungry Russ Brandon could !@#$ it all up and not sell them back, and move all home games to the Carrier Dome, and call it expanding the market?

That's a great idea. They could call it "regionalization" and they could cover up the signs that say "New York's Collegiate Team" with signs that say "New York's Professional Team."

I wonder if anyone has ever thought of doing this in any of the other cities near Buffalo?!? I can just imagine how the loyal Bills fans will love the lack of tailgating, the inadequate luxury suites, and a stadium which is far below NFL standards! Russ Brandon is a genius!!!

hehehe