Article about Bills future..compares to Rams

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people (like this writer) are so bitter and paranoid that they cannot accept that Buffalo isn't going to get screwed.

It's the "because it's Buffalo" syndrome. When in fact, PLENTY of sports cities have it far worse, and have had it far worse. Many other places do the same thing. I even heard Jets fans calling the loss to the Bills the "most Jetsy way to lose." sound familiar?

Buffalo won the freaking lottery with the Pegulas. I'm not sure what else they can do to show their goodwill to the region.

People who want to see the boogeyman will point to how Kroenke was able to maneuver things around to own two Denver teams AND the Rams. I guess those who refuse to be happy will always find a way.

The day the new Bills stadium opens the same people will say "OK, but what happens in 30 years?"

It would have more credence if Kroenke actually broke ground and invested hundreds of millions of this own dollars in St. Louis development projects. It would also help if Kroenke had actual communal stakes in the St. Louis area like the Pegulas have in WNY. Lastly, Pegula himself talked of the generational aspect of his Bills ownership that would ensure their long-term presence in Buffalo.

Just not a well thought comparison by the author.

GO BILLS!!!

Story: Bills open new stadium with 30 year lease.

Headlines (by the Sullivan types of the world):

"A 30 Year Trial Period"

"New Stadium a 30 Year Ultimatum"

"30 Year Lease Not a Sure Thing"

"One Buffalo....But For How Long?"

It's incredible how miserable some people are determined to be!

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1630312-the-rams-situation-and-buffalo

Stumbled across this.

Thoughts?

CBF

UGH!!!

Saw this posted on FB today...

It must be a Buffalo thing brought on by the last 16 years...But seriously...This was some out-of-the-box-paranoid forecasting...

Whatever... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

It would have more credence if Kroenke actually broke ground and invested hundreds of millions of this own dollars in St. Louis development projects. It would also help if Kroenke had actual communal stakes in the St. Louis area like the Pegulas have in WNY. Lastly, Pegula himself talked of the generational aspect of his Bills ownership that would ensure their long-term presence in Buffalo.

Just not a well thought comparison by the author.

GO BILLS!!!

I have read it is actually closer to a billion dollars that Pegs has dumped into the waterfront area. Bills aren't going anywhere, some people just look to find a reason to be miserable.

This article could have been written comparing almost any other team to the Rams situation because the only team in the NFL that is truly safe from relocation is the Green Bay Packers.

I am confident that as long as the Pegula’s are the owners, the team will stay put.

I'm still kind of worried about the fact that he also owns the Sabres. If the NFL finds out about that, they might make him sell/move one or both teams.

Do you really think that the NFL is not aware that he owns the Sabres too (which he is allowed to do) or is my sarcasm meter not working today?

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

This article could have been written comparing almost any other team to the Rams situation because the only team in the NFL that is truly safe from relocation is the Green Bay Packers.

I am confident that as long as the Pegula’s are the owners, the team will stay put.

Do you really think that the NFL is not aware that he owns the Sabres too (which he is allowed to do) or is my sarcasm meter not working today?

I've read sources that say he has to get rid of the Sabres by 2019 if he wants to keep the Bills. League by-laws.

What that Pegula will get arrested on fraud charges, imprisoned and forced to relinquish ownership? Yeah that is something to think about for sure.

no, not all . was thinking that at the time when the rigas family owned the sabres, no one could fathom that it could happen..( " that Pegula will get arrested on fraud charges, imprisoned and forced to relinquish ownership? Yeah that is something to think about for sure..").. it was just an opinion ace,

Edited by dwight in philly

I've read sources that say he has to get rid of the Sabres by 2019 if he wants to keep the Bills. League by-laws.

Really? Interesting if true. You have a link? Everything I've ever heard/read stated the NFL bylaws allow 1 person to own multiple teams in different leagues as long as they are in the same market.

**Edit** Paul Allen currently owns the Seahawks, Portland Trailblazers and a Seattle Sounders of MLS.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

Really? Interesting if true. You have a link? Everything I've ever heard/read stated the NFL bylaws allow 1 person to own multiple teams in different leagues as long as they are in the same market.

It goes by population. For example, if the Paul Allen, owner of the Seahawks wanted to buy the Mariners, he could do it, because Seattle is a large market. I think it goes by population of the NFL teams TV market, but I'm not sure. However, a smaller city like Buffalo, the NFL considerers it akin to a monopoly. Thankfully the city's population is rising, so hopefully by that point it won't be an issue.

It goes by population. For example, if the Paul Allen, owner of the Seahawks wanted to buy the Mariners, he could do it, because Seattle is a large market. I think it goes by population of the NFL teams TV market, but I'm not sure. However, a smaller city like Buffalo, the NFL considerers it akin to a monopoly. Thankfully the city's population is rising, so hopefully by that point it won't be an issue.

Well that's a caveat I've never heard before if true.