P. Manning - Pure Class

Gugny

Again, who cares? HGH seems like a perfectly acceptable remedy for someone suffering withering and atrophy in a muscle, which absolutely happened to Manning (in the big Washington Post story on the topic). If it helped him recover, why should it matter?

All drugs matter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are very few diagnoses where Somatropin can be prescribed and I seriously doubt Manning's wife has any of them. One simple way to see is when the "prescribing" began. All the FDA approved indications manifest in childhood. In fact, there's even fewer diagnoses where HGH should be taken into adulthood.

Prove you have a hail and wings before you post; I do not want to hear excuses how halos and wings can not be seen on camera.

Al Jezeera. Really. Tune in and you will be on a no fly list. Then again it may be better than reading Sully.

I believe Al Jezeera more than Sulky.

I'm not sure what it takes to make you suspicious in this case. But you can check out the place where the HGH was being sent from. I'm willing to bet that this guy is not her regular doctor.....

http://www.theguyerinstitute.com/index.php/about-the-guyer-institute

You mean

ONDAMED is a neuro feedback device developed in Germany. It utilizes the measurement of bioelectrical impedance fields or the body's "overall energy fields" to derive information that would otherwise be difficult to ascertain by any other mechanism such as traditional blood tests. It is used therapeutically and diagnostically to rebalance anomalies in the body's overall energy fields as directly or indirectly regulated by the autonomic nervous system. It can be very helpful in restoring the body's own healing mechanisms to a more optimal state through the rebalancing of the body's cellular energy systems.

probably isn't on the level?

So he goes to this Guyer Clinic to receive "holistic treaments" after his neck surgeries...and his wife then receives HGH from this same clinic?

Families sharing a health care provider? Never happens...

This is a classic case of nice guys always being innocent in the court of public vs disliked guys always being guilty. There is not enough there to prove guilt beyond a reasonably doubt. However, if this were Brady no one would be coming to his defense. So I think the last post says it all.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I was really impressed by Manning's post-game comments on the field.

He acknowledged how difficult it is to come off of the bench after having no reps with the starters and said he felt bad for all of his backups over his career.

He made it a point to mention that Osweiler had some tough breaks that led to his getting pulled out of the game.

He came right out and said he felt the O-line blocked better for him than they did for Osweiler.

He said the running backs ran harder for him than they did for Osweiler.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, but man, I just found all of it to be super classy.

through the backs and line under the bus though

But it's cheating, right? He got an unfair advantage. He should be suspended for 4 games at least.

just say yes to PEDs

through the backs and line under the bus though

Yes, I suppose it could be viewed that way. But what stuck out more, to me, was his support for Osweiler. I always thought of Manning like Favre, as in, doing anything possible to not lose the starting job - i.e., play hurt (admirable) and not mentor the backup (dickish).

Are you concerned he won't be disciplined if he took HGH? Are you thinking the NFL has a Peyton exemption from HGH or other performance enhancing drugs?

It's certainly looking that way. Especially if they don't get a "Wells Report" on this.

I hope you never get jury duty. Married? Ever had anything like that shipped to you? My wife has. You know about their fertility stuff, right? He may be guilty, but nothing yet - including the "source" who later recanted - proves anything.

I'm not trying to convict the guy ... my point is that there is more incriminating evidence (circumstantial as it may be) against Peyton than there was against Brady, and he's getting a pass.

And of course the source would recant ... he's opened himself up to criminal charges.

You mean

probably isn't on the level?

Families sharing a health care provider? Never happens...

Sure, they share Primary Care Physicians all the time. Yet here they both are, just happens that both are being treated at some "longevity clinic"--he for postoperative recovery or something, and she for......well, I'm guessing there is no disease that she has that would require HGH to treat. If she did, her PCP would have referred her to an actual Endocrinologist who would be treating her. She wouldn't have to seek help from a guy peddling "bioidentical hormone replacement".

Sure, they share Primary Care Physicians all the time. Yet here they both are, just happens that both are being treated at some "longevity clinic"--he for postoperative recovery or something, and she for......well, I'm guessing there is no disease that she has that would require HGH to treat. If she did, her PCP would have referred her to an actual Endocrinologist who would be treating her. She wouldn't have to seek help from a guy peddling "bioidentical hormone replacement".

You articulated a point I tried to make in an earlier post perfectly. If she were ill, she would have visited a doctor. She wouldn't have gone to "a guy". It's amazing how people can run from the facts when they don't want believe something.

You articulated a point I tried to make in an earlier post perfectly. If she were ill, she would have visited a doctor. She wouldn't have gone to "a guy". It's amazing how people can run from the facts when they don't want believe something.

And you know for a fact that she didn't?

Amazing how people can invent stories and call them facts just because they don't root for a certain athlete.

She could have been doing what a lot of rich people do: trying to find a way to beat aging with money by going to one of these "anti aging" "holistic" clinics.

Is it a lot of quack medicine? Sure.

But I posted the Vanity Fair article about people in Hollywood (many famous actors BTW) using HGH and other "anti-aging" drugs to try to look and feel younger. It happens much more than anyone realizes.

Or did you think 50 year old male actors with washboard abs and 50 year old female actors who look 25 was all sunshine, smoothies, yoga and beaches? LOL

Here's the bottom line: she had a prescription for whatever came from that clinic. She had it shipped to her home.

The only crime here was the source who violated this woman's right to medical privacy.

The fact that it's a quack clinic that prescribes things like HGH for "off label" uses does not mean that her husband took her medicine.

Edited by TheFunPolice