2016 Draft RB/FB thread

Beerball

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RD6

McCoy and Karlos are playing lights out, but I'd think they'd like depth behind McCoy's role--the "Lightning" part of Karlos's Thunder. It isn't Gillislee, and he sealed his fate with a fumble today. This would be a Day 3 pick, like Karlos was in the 5th. I think Boobie is history.

Aaron Green, Paul James, Keith Marshall and the intriguing DJ Foster have AP strength and receiving skills, and may be available RD6. Who knows? Barry Sanders Jr.?

If we were to wait and bring in a UDFA, and use RD6 to draft, say, Robert Aguayo the Kicker, then the Bills could keep Gillislee.

McCoy and Karlos are playing lights out, but I'd think they'd like depth behind McCoy's role--the "Lightning" part of Karlos's Thunder. It isn't Gillislee, and he sealed his fate with a fumble today.

I don't think one fumble has that big of an impact. He's been good enough to retain a 3rd string spot.

NO!!!!!!!!! Backs are a dime a dozen we can get them UDFA, unless they are special talent it's a waste of a draft pick

Miguel Maysonet. Boom Herron. Cierre Wood. Bryce Brown. Bronson Hill. Ricky Seale.

We sure played some "dime a dozen" RBs this year, BB. We weren't properly stocked. Whaley won't make that mistake again.

Boobie is comic relief, Gillislee dropped the ball after an impressive start,

Miguel Maysonet. Boom Herron. Cierre Wood. Bryce Brown. Bronson Hill. Ricky Seale.

We sure played some "dime a dozen" RBs this year, BB. We weren't properly stocked. Whaley won't make that mistake again.

Boobie wasn't a real rb just someone from Roman past, Gillislee is fine, Bryce was a wasted pick, there are plenty of UDAs that can play. We have so many needs with making over the defense that RB is not a priority.

I wonder if Rex would be inclined to look at a guy like Shadrach Thornton as a UDFA. Thornton is a very talented guy that just doesn't have his head screwed on at all.

Got kicked off the team at NC State. Suspended before that. Arrested over an 'altercation' with his girlfriend a couple years ago.

Similar to be said about Marshaun Coprich from Illinois State. Got arrested for selling drugs to an undercover cop. Run for over 4000 yards and 50 TD's in the past two seasons.

Not my kind of guys but I'm trying to make peace with the fact that Rex doesn't give a **** about what I think.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Wood was injured immediately, doesn't contribute to your argument. Bryce Brown was not an example of a "dime a dozen" RB, he was an example of a failed investment in RB. Gillislee played great, you are reading way too much into that one fumble.

RD6

McCoy and Karlos are playing lights out, but I'd think they'd like depth behind McCoy's role--the "Lightning" part of Karlos's Thunder. It isn't Gillislee, and he sealed his fate with a fumble today. This would be a Day 3 pick, like Karlos was in the 5th. I think Boobie is history.

Aaron Green, Paul James, Keith Marshall and the intriguing DJ Foster have AP strength and receiving skills, and may be available RD6. Who knows? Barry Sanders Jr.?

If we were to wait and bring in a UDFA, and use RD6 to draft, say, Robert Aguayo the Kicker, then the Bills could keep Gillislee.

Sealed his fate as in got a contract extension? LOL The knee jerking that goes on, I swear.

Also, if we draft a running back again I'm going to throw my TV out the window. This is the very, very, very last thing this team needs.

I don't think one fumble has that big of an impact. He's been good enough to retain a 3rd string spot.

Agreed. We have 3 RBs for next year. UDFAs can compete. Unless, there is s special talent there I say pass on RB in the draft.

Are you suggesting most of the PS should be RBs or we carry 4 or 5 on the 53?

Cierre Wood got hurt this year. He should be in camp next year too and showed promise.

Wood was injured immediately, doesn't contribute to your argument. Bryce Brown was not an example of a "dime a dozen" RB, he was an example of a failed investment in RB. Gillislee played great, you are reading way too much into that one fumble.

Yep

Don't understand your comment here. Gillislee only played in 5 games in games 3 & 4 combined he rushed 13 times for 174 yards averaging 13.3 yds/att and two tds. For the year he averaged 5.7 yds/att. His td every 15.6 attempts was bested by only 1 top 40 rusher, soon to be MVP Cam Newton.

So Derrick Henry could go as late as the 4th...hard to say he wouldn't be a damn good 4th round pick as security for Shady/Karlos. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at the combine 10lbs lighter, kills the 40, and is then taken in round 2.

Edited by dayman