2016 Draft RB/FB thread

Beerball

I don't think they take a RB in the 1st no matter what, but if Shady is out of the picture and he's there.... Roman would be salivating

Yeah, I think Elliott is for sure a different type of back from Karlos. That's an ideal thunder-lightning combo. Elliott brings a different skillset than Karlos to the table, but he's even different from McCoy.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think Elliott is for sure a different type of back from Karlos. That's an ideal thunder-lightning combo. Elliott brings a different skillset than Karlos to the table, but he's even different from McCoy.

he is a great fit for Roman's scheme. Kenneth Dixon has a little McCoy/Dion Lewis look to his game ... Where is he projected?

he is a great fit for Roman's scheme. Kenneth Dixon has a little McCoy/Dion Lewis look to his game ... Where is he projected?

RD4#111 to Oakland, with a Value of +29, meaning he was on the Big Board at 82 and slipped to 111, based on a lack of need for RBs this year.

...oh, and I agree. We'd be looking for a value pick anytime on Day 3, hoping to land another RB late. Just tweeted that they are:

RD3: Collins, Booker

RD4: Dixon, Howard

RD5: AGreen, Madden, Prosise, JWilliams

RD6-7: KTaylor, SWoods

with my favorites being Dixon, Green, Prosise and J Williams. Bills are looking at Storm Woods; they've been to his practices/a couple games.

Impressive Kenneth Dixon run: https://youtu.be/nFRttiMG9hM?t=24s

Edited by Astrobot

I do like me some Dixon. Great receiver from the backfield. With only 57 passes to RB/FB last year, is that a priority for Roman?

I have a bad feeling about the McCoy case, I think RB is an immediate need.

I do like me some Dixon. Great receiver from the backfield. With only 57 passes to RB/FB last year, is that a priority for Roman?

I have a bad feeling about the McCoy case, I think RB is an immediate need.

Yes, a priority. And, After Pick 80, these are the RBs who had the best receiving average this year:

Kenneth Dixon
Kenyan Drake
Storm Woods
Kenneth Farrow
DJ Foster
They'd all be available Day 3, I would think.

Here's a wonderful review of many RBs, done last year by a Seahawks blogger: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/5/12/8590325/2016-nfl-draft-gems-running-back-preview

Yes, a priority. And, After Pick 80, these are the RBs who had the best receiving average this year:

Kenneth Dixon
Kenyan Drake
Storm Woods
Kenneth Farrow
DJ Foster
They'd all be available Day 3, I would think.

Here's a wonderful review of many RBs, done last year by a Seahawks blogger: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/5/12/8590325/2016-nfl-draft-gems-running-back-preview

I fell in love with Elijah McGuire as a freshman, kinda disappointed he didn't declare.

I know he's raw and all but CJ Prosise would be a nice pickup. Receiving skills are natural, pass pro is the early issue for playing time.

I fell in love with Elijah McGuire as a freshman, kinda disappointed he didn't declare.

I know he's raw and all but CJ Prosise would be a nice pickup. Receiving skills are natural, pass pro is the early issue for playing time.

Yes Yes to Prosise! One of my favorites! If they could teach him to block, he has the other skills! I do wish he'd head north sooner on some plays.

https://youtu.be/kBnf-5U8KrY

Edited by Astrobot

When this broke, I posted on my Original Buffalo Bills Fan Page on FB that this was now in play. A trade of McCoy to Oakland for a RD3 produced the following on DraftTek's Simulator:

1 19 Buffalo Ezekiel Elliott RBF Ohio St P1Grab +7 Value

2 49 Buffalo Darron Lee OLB43 Ohio St P2 +16 Value

3 75 Buffalo Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M P1 +14 Value

3 80 Buffalo Anthony Zettel DE34 Penn State P2Grab +2 Value

4 114 Buffalo Dak Prescott QB Mississippi St P2 +10 Value

5 144 Buffalo Hassan Ridgeway DT34 Texas P2 -4 Reach

6 174 Buffalo Sean Davis FS Maryland P3 +3 Value

damn thats interesting

crazy and wild, but surely fun to consider

:thumbsup:

Our RB position is in a different light now that there's a good chance of Shady doing time. On a different note, I hope we draft Aguayo in the 5th or 6th round.

well i dont know about that, but i see him gettin' 4 game suspension based upon the video

When this broke, I posted on my Original Buffalo Bills Fan Page on FB that this was now in play. A trade of McCoy to Oakland for a RD3 produced the following on DraftTek's Simulator:

1 19 Buffalo Ezekiel Elliott RBF Ohio St P1Grab +7 Value

Wow, would the Raiders be crazy enough to do that deal ?

That would help solve the salary cap (Taylor next year) and get a top RB

Edited by ALF