2016 Draft RB/FB thread

Beerball

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the whole BPA, but we don't need a RB. The contract will preclude them from cutting Shady, then K Williams, Gilleslie. On their board they can choose from so many areas so not a total stretch. RT, TE, WR, DE, DT, OLB, ILB, S, and QB for development. Even in the 7th they could grab a kicker.

That's 9-10 positions where you go with BPA in each category. Besides it drives me nuts we've chosen so many RB's, and so few QB's since 1996.

I know the whole BPA, but we don't need a RB. The contract will preclude them from cutting Shady, then K Williams, Gilleslie. On their board they can choose from so many areas so not a total stretch. RT, TE, WR, DE, DT, OLB, ILB, S, and QB for development. Even in the 7th they could grab a kicker.

That's 9-10 positions where you go with BPA in each category. Besides it drives me nuts we've chosen so many RB's, and so few QB's since 1996.

The Bills have no 7th round pick at this time.

Mayock's running back combine takeaways
NFL Media's Mike Mayock gives his final impressions of the running backs who worked out at the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine.

If Henry's there at 19, do you think he could be the pick?

no. I don't think anyone will take him in the 1st. He's a potential starter but I don't think he's worth a 1st. I think he's a 2nd round guy, due partly to the position he plays and the number of 1st round talents at other positions. Edited by YoloinOhio

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NFL Draft: Five teams that should consider drafting Derrick Henry early

By Will Brinson | CBS Sports NFL Staff Writer

Five teams should look at taking Alabama running back Derrick Henry early in the draft.

Buffalo Bills: If you take the Jets from 2014 and the Bills from 2015 -- aka, Rex Ryan coached teams -- and add up the carry total you get 1,016. That's the third most among all teams. LeSean McCoy is on the roster with a hefty contract and a base salary for 2016 already guaranteed. But he's due a $6 million base salary in 2017 and would only be $2.6 million in dead money if designated a post-June 1 cut after this coming season. Henry would give Rex a hefty, power back to lean on this season and moving forward. No one has them leaning this way in mock drafts and No. 19 might be too high, but if he's their bellcow it could be worth the gamble. A trade back wouldn't be out of the question either. This would be a luxury pick for a team perhaps not free to dabble in luxury.

New man crush! Navy RB Chris Swain. Came in at 6'1", 245lbs at his Pro Day, ran a 4.67. Personally think he's a RB, not a fullback.

Watch this game vs Memphis (http://draftbreakdown.com/video/chris-swain-vs-memphis-2015/) and tell me you don't love him too.

nice. I actually expect them to add a rookie FB, maybe as a UDFA (Glenn Gronk maybe)

nice. I actually expect them to add a rookie FB, maybe as a UDFA (Glenn Gronk maybe)

Watched Baby Gronk this morning. Definitely just a fullback, not buying this TE bollocks one bit. I'd be in favour of him as a priority FA, really nice lead blocker. Needs to bulk up a little bit though. Good enough receiver to run Spider 2 Y Banana whenever we want.

The reason I mentioned Swain is because he looks a lot like John Conner in stature. We know Rex loves him some Terminator.

• 2 weeks later...

If Storm Woods of Oregon State goes undrafted, I'd love to pick him up. Been watching him this morning, the guy is a gamer. I think Astro likes him too, if I remember correctly.

Not your quintessential power back at all, more of a change of pace guy. Decent receiver, really love how much of himself he gives in pass protection. Against Oregon in 2014, he found himself 1-on-1 with Arik Armstead and Deforest Buckner, didn't flinch. All action player.