2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

Right now, I'm terrified that Whaley is going to trade next year's #1 to go get Miles Jack.

That wouldn't bother me in the slightest--Jack is an elite prospect that can do more on the field than any defender I've seen in at least a half-decade.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wouldn't bother me in the slightest--Jack is an elite prospect that can do more on the field than any defender I've seen in at least a half-decade.

It wouldn't bother me either, Jack is the guy you make a move for. I don't think Whaley could make that move though even if he wanted. I'm guessing the ship is regulated and the organization is not going to allow anymore moves that could be seen as short term self preservation.

I have floated the idea that if the Bills were open to moving the 2017 1st they should do so to obtain two more picks in the top 70 or so in this draft. Package the 1st with this years 6th and get a nice 2nd and 3rd or something to that extent. That would give us 5 picks out of the top 80 players and we could revamp our defense and upgrade at needed positions on offense.

Again.... I don't think Whaley and company have the green light to invest future picks but if they did that's a creative way to have a franchise altering draft in a deep field.

If we go DL in the 1st I hope it is for Jarran Reed. He's not flashy, he's not going to put up huge numbers, but he WILL clog up the middle and play the run very well. That would allow us to kick Dareus to the 5 Tech. where he could be more disruptive. It would also allow Kyle to do the same, though I don't know whether Kyle would excel at this or not. Dareus played the 5 @ Alabama a lot so it would be perfect for him.

If we go DL in the 1st I hope it is for Jarran Reed. He's not flashy, he's not going to put up huge numbers, but he WILL clog up the middle and play the run very well. That would allow us to kick Dareus to the 5 Tech. where he could be more disruptive. It would also allow Kyle to do the same, though I don't know whether Kyle would excel at this or not. Dareus played the 5 @ Alabama a lot so it would be perfect for him.

he would be a tremendous fit on our DL. Would #freeDareus. #TwinTide

@PFF_Steve

Of all of run stopping interior DLinemen, Jarran Reed may be the best. Best combo of playmaker/disruptor. Handles doubles better than most

Nkemdiche is someone I would gamble on, as opposed to Spence.

Nkemdiche is a natural. He can beat anyone at any time. Maybe Rex and this D can get him going at the pro level. Dareus and Nkemdiche on the line together, with Hughes on the edge. Scary thought.

Nkemdiche is a natural. He can beat anyone at any time. Maybe Rex and this D can get him going at the pro level. Dareus and Nkemdiche on the line together, with Hughes on the edge. Scary thought.

The big concern is that he doesn't care enough about the game to excel at the next level.

Any edge you gain by being 2-3 tenths of a second faster in the 40......or quicker.....or stronger......is lost and then some without full effort.

That's what makes it such a tough position to project.

A lot of people don't remember but Pat Williams wasn't even a full time starter at Texas A&M because of questions about his effort.

He got a big slice of humble pie on draft day and eventually had a great career and earned a ton of bucks.

Jason Peters was projected anywhere from late round 1 to round 3 and ended up going undrafted and he earned his greatness.

There are tons of stories of monster athlete DL who get picked early and who just put in on cruise control..........at least until their first walk year. :thumbsup:

I want us to grab a LB in the 1st a jaran reed in the 2nd and with Nkemdiches off field issues we could grab him in the 3rd or 4th and I wouldnt be mad at that. also need a FS in the draft.