2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

I live in near Clemson University. The local sports radio out of Clemson had a draft show this morning, talking quite a bit about the players that would be drafted and when. Two of the guys have close ties to the team. I was surprised that they all were convinced that Shaq Lawson is going to need shoulder surgery. It wasn't a possible or maybe, they both felt it was a sure thing that he will have to go under the knife. They said that teams that have good medical information wouldn't touch him in the first round. Just passing on what I heard.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nkemdiche is being mocked to us not based on actual evidence of interest or particular scheme fit, but solely because they want to drop all the headcases on Rex.

I think to an extent that can be true...

But Mayock, Polian, and Peter King...These are not nobody Twitter bloggers...

And this is not directed at you...But I was just thinking...Rex is kind of a headcase...But what headcases has Rex been directly related to in the past? Why is Rex suddenly the Raiders? I mean...Ike was a player he coached...he knew that kid...I'm trying to remember when Rex, in the past, directly went after headcases...I don't know... B-)

I live in near Clemson University. The local sports radio out of Clemson had a draft show this morning, talking quite a bit about the players that would be drafted and when. Two of the guys have close ties to the team. I was surprised that they all were convinced that Shaq Lawson is going to need shoulder surgery. It wasn't a possible or maybe, they both felt it was a sure thing that he will have to go under the knife. They said that teams that have good medical information wouldn't touch him in the first round. Just passing on what I heard.

Jacksonville were the team that asked for a medical re-check on the shoulder and it got passed. Very weird that people are convinced that he needs surgery. You'd assume if there was a pressing medical issue, they would've red-flagged him on the re-check.

This was from Tony Pauline via Rotoworld: "Though multiple reports previously indicated that the shoulder was medically cleared, Pauline has heard that "more than a few franchises" believe a condition in Lawson’s shoulder "is degenerative and will cause problems down the road".

Maybe this is all mind games but it seems weird that JAX had the initial issue. They don't need him to drop.

Jacksonville were the team that asked for a medical re-check on the shoulder and it got passed. Very weird that people are convinced that he needs surgery. You'd assume if there was a pressing medical issue, they would've red-flagged him on the re-check.

This was from Tony Pauline via Rotoworld: "Though multiple reports previously indicated that the shoulder was medically cleared, Pauline has heard that "more than a few franchises" believe a condition in Lawson’s shoulder "is degenerative and will cause problems down the road".

Maybe this is all mind games but it seems weird that JAX had the initial issue. They don't need him to drop.

I hope we don't overlook the medical to get Rex his Clemson guy. I say trade down and consider Dodd later in the round. No medical issues that I heard about him. Has quite a bit of upside, hasn't played as much.

If you ever liked Shawn Oakman, you could probably stop now (that's before you realise he's up on a rape charge) - http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/04/25/baylor-bears-shawn-oakman-2013-assault-accusation

Art Briles has a lot of questions to answer now this is in the public domain.

That's too bad about Oakman.

My biggest concern with him was how someone who grew up homeless on the street and was a really flaky dude with mental illness in his family was going to transition into a professional athlete.

The sexual assault thing seems weird, but perhaps despite being a high profile alpha male athlete his game is just too weird for women.

He was dating a female police officer who was a former Baylor student in that article I read.