2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that EJ was on there and tested as the most accurate QB they had tested.

Its Friday afternoon, why did you have to pee on my parade... :D

Yep--EJ was great at throwing into nets and buckets and Reed is great at moving sleds that don't fight back...but he displayed super quick reaction off the snap -- that is not "teachable".

HOT TAKE ALERT:

By the time their 2nd contracts are due, Jihad Ward will be a better player than Deforest Buckner.

Ward is picking up steam in recent days/weeks. Haven't dug into him as much as some other 2nd tier DL guys--he's a spectacular athlete. Looks like he needs to add significant strength and learn simple fundamentals to improve his technique and pad level.

IMO he'd have to come a long way to match Buckner, who is the most perfectly built 5-tech I've seen in years. 34-1/2" arms and nearly 12" hands on a 290-pounder that's a plus athlete. You're dead-on that they have some of the same deficiencies like pad level and foot placement at the POA.

Really can't wait for Thursday...

Ward is picking up steam in recent days/weeks. Haven't dug into him as much as some other 2nd tier DL guys--he's a spectacular athlete. Looks like he needs to add significant strength and learn simple fundamentals to improve his technique and pad level.

IMO he'd have to come a long way to match Buckner, who is the most perfectly built 5-tech I've seen in years. 34-1/2" arms and nearly 12" hands on a 290-pounder that's a plus athlete. You're dead-on that they have some of the same deficiencies like pad level and foot placement at the POA.

Really can't wait for Thursday...

The big difference between them is that Buckner is the only one that's been coached. Illinois is a damn mess, that entire team has more talent than they could show. That starting D alone has 6 NFL-capable players and they only managed 5 wins last year (Nebraska was the only team worth a damn they beat).

Jihad came out as a 4th rounder but I think the building blocks are there already. He just needs a coach that'll use him properly and teach him what he needs. He's such an endearing guy, Ohio State double teamed the holy crap out of him and he came back for more snap after snap. That shows me a guy that wants to be better. I'll bang the table for him. Even as he is, I like him more than Adolphus Washington.

I should say that I'm much lower on Buckner than most. Barely gets in my top 50 players.

@RapSheet

This weekend, 32 teams were sent this workout video of #Clemson DE Shaq Lawson to show his shoulder is ready https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0PTP8BLSebGSGpCUEhSYU94UGM/view?pref=2&pli=1

WATCH: BROWN TAKES A LOOK AT RANKINS AND REED (6:06)

In our next episode of Path to the Draft, former Bills guard Ruben Brown takes a look at Louisville defensive lineman Sheldon Rankins and Alabama defensive lineman Jarran Reed.

If you ever liked Shawn Oakman, you could probably stop now (that's before you realise he's up on a rape charge) - http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/04/25/baylor-bears-shawn-oakman-2013-assault-accusation

Art Briles has a lot of questions to answer now this is in the public domain.

If you ever like Shawn Oakman...You should pretty much give up on evaluating football players... ;)

I'd be willing to take a late-round flyer on Eddie Yarbrough from Wyoming. He's got solid explosion numbers, is solid in pursuit of plays going away from him, and shows a variety of pass rush moves. Looks like Jerry Hughes-lite to me (right down to the jersey number).

He's also got world-class character from all accounts.

If you ever like Shawn Oakman...You should pretty much give up on evaluating football players... ;)

Oh, I had him as a UDFA before I found out he's a scumbag. I know a few Bills fans were talking him up, probably just because of that bloody meme!

I'm 5'10", 195 and I've got bigger calves than he does. Awful athlete, crappy football player, Greg Hardy level human being (allegedly).

Oh, I had him as a UDFA before I found out he's a scumbag. I know a few Bills fans were talking him up, probably just because of that bloody meme!

I'm 5'10", 195 and I've got bigger calves than he does. Awful athlete, crappy football player, Greg Hardy level human being (allegedly).

Yep...Bad football player...Sorry to hear he may be an equally bad person...

I guess there's always a future as a prison underwear model though... :huh:

I think the Bills really want to draft Jarran Reed. Lots of signs point to this selection.

He was impressive vs Clemson. Really fast for a guy his size, I remember him getting to the sideline after a guy typically you would not expect a DT to chase down.

I think the Bills really want to draft Jarran Reed. Lots of signs point to this selection.

He was impressive vs Clemson. Really fast for a guy his size, I remember him getting to the sideline after a guy typically you would not expect a DT to chase down.

Speak of the devil - http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/04/25/dl/

Really like his game. As I've said before, not the type of DL I'd ideally take at 19 but he fits the mantra of 'just draft good players'.

@TyDunne

Just chatted with Jarran Reed. The #Bills flew south to see him, so how'd it go? “Everything went good, man. It went GREAT." Story later.

@TyDunne

Jarran Reed has known new #Bills D-Line coach John Blake since he was a HS freshman battling seniors at his NC football camp.

Jarran Reed (@1j_reed) on the Bills: "Defense wins Super Bowls. We’d be a wrecking crew up front ... It’s a perfect fit.” Knows Dareus, too.