2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

it isn't so much the fact he had the drug problem that concerns me, it was his blatant lying about it. To everyone. Even his family, coaches, etc. who all then went to bat for him, and he really embarrassed them when the truth came out. It was a little weird, tbh. Character red flag.

Drugs are fun that way. When you get off them and stay off them the world has a different appearance. so if he is indeed serious about his health and staying away from that crap i could have more faith in his future.

Good points though. Lying as he did is a huge big deal.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drugs are fun that way. When you get off them and stay off them the world has a different appearance. so if he is indeed serious about his health and staying away from that crap i could have more faith in his future.

Good points though. Lying as he did is a huge big deal.

it's weird - on the surface it's a 19 year old lying to his parents to get out of trouble. Seems like that isn't too uncommon right? He was scared of what would happen to his scholarship, football career, etc. so I understand to a point... But at the same time it shows severe lack of accountability. And that's hard to overcome in the NFL - to me it is a must-have. Make mistakes but own them. Perhaps he has now. His interviews will tell a lot to the teams who are interested. I've heard mixed reviews on how those have gone. I actually think he will still be on the board when the Bills draft. Just a gut feeling. Edited by YoloinOhio

it's weird - on the surface it's a 19 year old lying to his parents to get out of trouble. Seems like that isn't too uncommon right? He was scared of what would happen to his scholarship, football career, etc. so I understand to a point... But at the same time it shows severe lack of accountability. And that's hard to overcome in the NFL - to me it is a must-have. Make mistakes but own them. Perhaps he has now. His interviews will tell a lot to the teams who are interested. I've heard mixed reviews on how those have gone. I actually think he will still be on the board when the Bills draft. Just a gut feeling.

I respect that opinion, and it more informed than mine !

If you could dig anything up about his interviews i would be glad to get some insight.

BTW i figured if he was there in round two, depending on what Bills did rd 1 and who is still up on Bills big board i could live with it.

But i am not advocating Spence as much as I was bellowing a no to Robert. Because of his overall football play.

There are many other players i would put above Spence for the Bills

I trust the staff, they meet with these guys face to face multiple times..they have a much better idea what's between the ears of the players than we do. If they can convince themselves that either Spence or Nkemdiche are serious about playing football then I'm all about it. Both of them are ultra talented kids and after 16 years of losing I'm not in the mood to play it safe. We are still a country mile behind the Brady Bunch in NE lets hit a few home runs this draft and close the gap.

I trust the staff too...Thing is...This is a Draft where you don't have to gamble...There's plenty of talent up high along the D-line...Talent that produced big time, in big games, in big Conferences...

Like I said before...Either of those two at #49 and I'm AOK with it...But at #19 there's going to be enough legit talent...Getting a player like Reed, Billings, Dodd, Butler, Lawson, or one of the other top D-linemen will certainly not be considered playing it safe...This Draft is loaded... B-)

Shaq Lawson will be the pick because...Rex

Bills should be so lucky. I could easily draft a Clemson player in every round of this draft. There are 6 off the top of my head who are not only very talented but fit our team. They churn them out annually now with Dabo's recruiting.