2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

A few people that know people that know the Bills thinking have put a lot of time into talking about him recently.

Either it's an elaborate smoke screen or Jones is way up the Bills board.

I know what you mean

Re Jones, it's all there: perfect fit for Rex's D, right value range, has (potentially) his best football ahead of him, etc.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean

Re Jones, it's all there: perfect fit for Rex's D, right value range, has (potentially) his best football ahead of him, etc.

The longer this process goes on...the more I want Jones at #19...

And I do see a correlation with Wilkerson...I think Rex will know exactly what to do with this kid...Once he's refined a bit you have someone with the size/athletic ability to be a Top 10 pick easy...And you get him at #19...He's got a little versatility too...Most importantly his floor is pretty high, but I think his ceiling is almost unlimited if he takes to coaching and works hard...Just imagine this 6-6 monster next to Dareus for the next 5 years...Oh my... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

With all the DL talent in this draft, can't see Bills using pick #19 on one. If they could trade back with Denver, pick #31 would probably be a sweet spot for a guy like nkemdiche. If Bills can't find trade partner, I think they go with one of the OT's at #19.

there is interior DL depth this year but not edge rushers.

This is well worth the read on Robert Nkemdiche - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15159447/should-teams-worry-robert-nkemdic-nfl-future

The piece comes off as a bit 'woe is me' at times from the writer but it gives an insight into the man behind so many headlines. I'm not unsympathetic to his issues but there's a degree of sacrifice required to achieve greatness and I'm not entirely sure the guy is willing to give enough of himself to become great.

Edited by Blokestradamus

This is well worth the read on Robert Nkemdiche - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15159447/should-teams-worry-robert-nkemdic-nfl-future

The piece comes off as a bit 'woe is me' at times from the writer but it gives an insight into the man behind so many headlines. I'm not unsympathetic to his issues but there's a degree of sacrifice required to achieve greatness and I'm not entirely sure the guy is willing to give enough of himself to become great.

What worries me more than even the bad decisions or the on-field inconsistency is the apparent total lack of accountability he's shown in his interviews. It reeks of a guy that simply doesn't get it.

What worries me more than even the bad decisions or the on-field inconsistency is the apparent total lack of accountability he's shown in his interviews. It reeks of a guy that simply doesn't get it.

He certainly has had a few opportunities to hold his hands up publically (many more privately) and admit that he screwed up. It's entirely his decision whether he does that or not. There's consequences if he doesn't and he's old enough to know that.

The decision to throw Laremy Tunsil (a man who just hours prior had called him a good guy that 'suffered a few hiccups') under a bus was pretty much when I lost patience with him. You want to own your own ****, that's fine. If you don't, that's fine. Just don't go burning one of the few bridges your destructive ways hasn't incinerated yet.

I would honestly love to sit down with Robert and talk with him. Not about football but about life. About his brother, his family. I don't think he's an inherently bad guy, I just think he's way behind in the maturation process.

He certainly has had a few opportunities to hold his hands up publically (many more privately) and admit that he screwed up. It's entirely his decision whether he does that or not. There's consequences if he doesn't and he's old enough to know that.

The decision to throw Laremy Tunsil (a man who just hours prior had called him a good guy that 'suffered a few hiccups') under a bus was pretty much when I lost patience with him. You want to own your own ****, that's fine. If you don't, that's fine. Just don't go burning one of the few bridges your destructive ways hasn't incinerated yet.

I would honestly love to sit down with Robert and talk with him. Not about football but about life. About his brother, his family. I don't think he's an inherently bad guy, I just think he's way behind in the maturation process.

Yep...problem is, if I'm a football coach, I don't have time for him to mature on my watch if I'm taking him where he's projected to be drafted. That's the type of thing I reserve for day 3 picks IMO.

It's one thing to take a guy like Jaylon Smith in the top 50 picks, knowing that if/when he's healthy, he's ready to roll as a key piece on your team; IMO, it's quite another to take a guy that needs to both iron out his game AND mature significantly to reach a level that even equals a kid in his early 20's in that pick range.

Yep...problem is, if I'm a football coach, I don't have time for him to mature on my watch if I'm taking him where he's projected to be drafted. That's the type of thing I reserve for day 3 picks IMO.

It's one thing to take a guy like Jaylon Smith in the top 50 picks, knowing that if/when he's healthy, he's ready to roll as a key piece on your team; IMO, it's quite another to take a guy that needs to both iron out his game AND mature significantly to reach a level that even equals a kid in his early 20's in that pick range.

I've maintained for many months that I couldn't take him before the 3rd. The potential is obvious but he's done nothing during the process to minimise his own risk.

If he lasts until our pick in the 3rd, I'd be tempted to snatch him up. Even as a designated pass rusher, he'd have some value. Let him spend a year watching how a pro like Kyle Williams handles business and hope that something clicks with him.

Agreed...

I think in a thinner year at his position Nkemdiche would have been a lock 1st Rounder..Probably top 15...Evan with the off-field stuff...But look at this year...Rankins, Robinson, Reed, Jones, Butler...then the NT Billings...It's just loaded...And sure most of them does not give the entire "potential" package RN does on the field...But they also don't come with a fraction of the potential headaches...And they are ALL very good prospects in their own right...

Who knows...Maybe a team...like Oakland...rolls the dice in the 1st...But I think generally this year does not bode well for what Nkemdiche bring as an entire package...I would not be at surprised to see him drop into the 2nd Rd... B-)

RapSheet

#EKU DE Noah Spence has his last of 10 visits & 3 workouts Wednesday with the #Jets. He seems to have solidified himself mid-to-late 1st rd

Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks said the opposite on their last podcast...They said they hear a lot of talk about Spence...but most of it was negative...They did both seem a bit surprised by it...But I don't think he's a lock 1st Rd pick by any means... B-)

Agreed...

I think in a thinner year at his position Nkemdiche would have been a lock 1st Rounder..Probably top 15...Evan with the off-field stuff...But look at this year...Rankins, Robinson, Reed, Jones, Butler...then the NT Billings...It's just loaded...And sure most of them does not give the entire "potential" package RN does on the field...But they also don't come with a fraction of the potential headaches...And they are ALL very good prospects in their own right...

Who knows...Maybe a team...like Oakland...rolls the dice in the 1st...But I think generally this year does not bode well for what Nkemdiche bring as an entire package...I would not be at surprised to see him drop into the 2nd Rd... B-)

Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks said the opposite on their last podcast...They said they hear a lot of talk about Spence...but most of it was negative...They did both seem a bit surprised by it...But I don't think he's a lock 1st Rd pick by any means... B-)

Caveat: It's the season for misinformation with the draft about ten days away.

there is interior DL depth this year but not edge rushers.

This is important to keep in mind for Buffalo.

Very true... :thumbsup:

Spence is one to keep an eye on.

Robert , i decided quite awhile ago he is not a good pick for Buffalo this year. And once i make my mind up. it is closed until further notice.

Same as what I heard on Spence.

I think it's a massive shame. He may well be paying for the sins of others more than his own.

I don't have any worries about him. Seems to genuinely get that he had a problem, sought help. Accountability that many guys that age won't show.

I think it's a massive shame. He may well be paying for the sins of others more than his own.

I don't have any worries about him. Seems to genuinely get that he had a problem, sought help. Accountability that many guys that age won't show.

As I have read more on him i feel he has turned onto the right road.

And he can play football !!