2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

how high in the 2nd do you think the Pats could get packaging 60 and 61? I have a feeling they do that to move up. They have 11 picks total so not going to hurt their quantity.

I think they'll trade up as well--they have 4 compensatory picks (3 in the 6th round) that they can't trade, so they'll be looking to move the others most likely.

Highest they can get (if teams stick to the chart) using their late 2s would be the top of the 2nd.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be surprised if they don't do that (go to top of 2nd). First, they are beyond pissed at the NFL for taking their 1st rounder so they are going to do whatever they can to get as close as they can to what it would have been. Last year, they picked virtually at this same spot (last pick of first). 2nd, the Browns need players, desperately, in quantity. So I think they will try to trade down where they can.

Jmo

Justin Zimmer of Ferris State :o

Some of the times are all over the place, but thus far I've been given the following: Zimmer measured 6024, 302 pounds, completed 44 reps on the bench, posted a vertical jump of 32 inches and a broad jump of 9-9. His 40 times ranged from the high 4.8s to the low 4.9s, while his 3-cone times were as fast as 7.10.

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

You know there hasn't been a lot of talk about Chris Jones from Miss State. He seems like a perfect fit for Rex's versatile scheme and is a great run player who has above average pass rushing skills. A lot of people project him as a round 2 guy but there have been quite a few leaks of how scouts perceive him to be a top 25 player. Might be a good fit at 19

You know there hasn't been a lot of talk about Chris Jones from Miss State. He seems like a perfect fit for Rex's versatile scheme and is a great run player who has above average pass rushing skills. A lot of people project him as a round 2 guy but there have been quite a few leaks of how scouts perceive him to be a top 25 player. Might be a good fit at 1

Really like Chris Jones. But he and college 'mate Dak Prescott need to use Uber down in Starkville.

NFL scouts concerned with influence of Robert Nkemdiche's brother

There’s been a lot of talk surrounding Ole Miss defensive end Robert Nkemdiche. Could his stock continue to nose dive after having so much hype coming into college back in 2013? It seems likely that he should still land in the first round, but the questions about his off-field issues, including being charged with marijuana possession, are still sitting in the back of the minds of scouts.

What’s really interesting, isn’t so much Nkemdiche’s own personal drama, but as MMQB’s Robert Klemko pointed out, it’s that scouts are more concerned about his older brother, Denzel. Denzel was once a reserve linebacker for the Rebels, and Klemko reports that he was hospitalized twice in 2015 after being found unresponsive.

@TonyPauline

Thus far I'm told the official visit list for Sheldon Rankins/DT/Louisville includes the Dallas Cowboys, Tampa Bay Bucs and Buffalo Bills

Would love to have Rankins as our NT next season. Im wondering if he lasts till our pick in the 2nd round

Im sorry but Nkemdishcasdaksdhaklaslkhdalkhd threw his team mate under the bus at the combine, and has a big % of being a bust. I dont want us to take him in round 1-3. as a 4th wouldnt mind, but there is much better players we can draft instead

Yes and yes

have heard really good things about Frackell Crackel

Would love to have Rankins as our NT next season. Im wondering if he lasts till our pick in the 2nd 1st round

ahhh I see. tough pick, would you go Stud LB which is OUR WEAKEST DEF LINK, or Rankings in the 1st?

have heard really good things about Frackell Crackel

ahhh I see. tough pick, would you go Stud LB which is OUR WEAKEST DEF LINK, or Rankings in the 1st?

Rankins in the first. I would also consider Josh Doctson, Jack Conklin, and Andrew Billings