2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

Nkemdiche is someone I would gamble on, as opposed to Spence.

Nkemdiche is a natural. He can beat anyone at any time. Maybe Rex and this D can get him going at the pro level. Dareus and Nkemdiche on the line together, with Hughes on the edge. Scary thought.

The only thing that bothers me about him is he really doesnt have the production to match his height/weight/speed measurements.....he SHOULD be a monster....but he really has not been in college

Where as someone like say.....Vernon Butler.....now there is a beast.....

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justis Mosqueda's Interior DL Force Player results - http://playmakermentality.com/2016-force-players-interior-defensive-linemen

Nice to see Hargrave on the list. He's one of my favorite guys in the class.

Hargrave, Matt Judon of GVSU, and Elandon Roberts are my 3 underrateds to watch.

I may throw Dominique Alexander in there as well if I can get myself comfortable with his downhill play.

Meant to ask you about Terrence Smith. I've only seen 2 games, but I love the aggressiveness and size/speed combo. If he gets to a team that can teach him to translate his athleticism to the field, he could end up a 6th rounder that makes multiple pro bowls.

Nice to see Hargrave on the list. He's one of my favorite guys in the class.

Hargrave, Matt Judon of GVSU, and Elandon Roberts are my 3 underrateds to watch.

I may throw Dominique Alexander in there as well if I can get myself comfortable with his downhill play.

Meant to ask you about Terrence Smith. I've only seen 2 games, but I love the aggressiveness and size/speed combo. If he gets to a team that can teach him to translate his athleticism to the field, he could end up a 6th rounder that makes multiple pro bowls.

I've not watched anything for the past 2-3 weeks, I've completely checked out from this class. So much so that I've spent the weekend sorting out my 2017 watch list.

Not watched Smith outside of live games (have the USF game on my PC), but I'm intrigued by his testing numbers and the comparisons. LB depth is an issue for the Bills and guys like Smith & Roberts can at least contribute on ST early. Another LB to throw on that pile is Utah's Jared Norris.

Edited by Blokestradamus

bloke - heard any rumors about Bosa falling due to his interviews? I'm hearing some stuff.

I saw something that Bosa and Zeke both have 'party drug' concerns. Not sure it isn't sabotage by teams in the teens trying to orchestrate a drop.

I did see that 'Bosa likes to go to raves "Because he likes the music", which teams find highly questionable'. Gonna be honest, I nearly spat my coffee out.

I saw something that Bosa and Zeke both have 'party drug' concerns. Not sure it isn't sabotage by teams in the teens trying to orchestrate a drop.

I did see that 'Bosa likes to go to raves "Because he likes the music", which teams find highly questionable'. Gonna be honest, I nearly spat my coffee out.

he absolutely does go to raves! I believe his 1-game suspension by Urban was for ecstasy. I do not think Zeke was involved but I do know he had to go live by himself. I don't think it was to get away for Zeke because he partied too much, just to isolate himself from everything so he could focus. I don't think either one goes outside the top 10.

he absolutely does go to raves! I believe his 1-game suspension by Urban was for ecstasy. I do not think Zeke was involved but I do know he had to go live by himself. I don't think it was to get away for Zeke because he partied too much, just to isolate himself from everything so he could focus. I don't think either one goes outside the top 10.

Joey does strike me as an odd dude. Honestly, the Mario Williams comparison seems to fit more and more. Just more glowsticks than RC cars.

I can't foresee Joey dropping out of the top 10. Zeke might not get past Philly at 8, worst case would be Oakland at 14. Just a pair of supremely talented guys.

Joey does strike me as an odd dude. Honestly, the Mario Williams comparison seems to fit more and more. Just more glowsticks than RC cars.

I can't foresee Joey dropping out of the top 10. Zeke might not get past Philly at 8, worst case would be Oakland at 14. Just a pair of supremely talented guys.

bosa is really smart (37 on Wonderlic) but just really low key personality and his demeanor is almost Kiko-like and he comes off as a dumb surfer dude - I think it freaks people out. He would never be a vocal leader or fire anyone up. I guess that's just like Mario. In some ways he's perfect for San Diego - but I think they will pass on him. Can see him in Baltimore for sure though.

Zeke is the opposite - super intense, grinder. I think he might go to NYG at 10. I love that fit for what they need and he is a guy who could thrive in that environment of big city/media/celebrity without hesitation.

Edited by YoloinOhio

bosa is really smart (37 on Wonderlic) but just really low key personality and his demeanor is almost Kiko-like and he comes off as a dumb surfer dude - I think it freaks people out. He would never be a vocal leader or fire anyone up. I guess that's just like Mario.

There's a natural assumption that being a football player makes you a meathead. We saw it with Bridgewater & Mariota, the debates about whether they were Alpha males and natural born leaders. You get the occasional Jonathan Martin where he's so placid, he's practically submissive and ends up as easy pickings but often, most are somewhere in the middle.

Biggest thing I'm curious about is what drives them. Everyone in football is financially driven but is he looking for that one signing bonus as a rookie? With how good Joey is technically, I have no doubts that he takes his craft seriously.

Yikes

@albertbreer

Per sources, Clemson DE Shaq Lawson's shoulder was flagged at the combine, and he's on the list to go back to Indy for the medical recheck.

Lawson played thru the shoulder issue this year, and didn't miss a game in his 3 years at Clemson. Still, clubs want a second look at it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

how high in the 2nd do you think the Pats could get packaging 60 and 61? I have a feeling they do that to move up. They have 11 picks total so not going to hurt their quantity.

60 is worth 300, 61 is worth 292 so 592 total. Cleveland has the first pick in the 2nd round, 32 overall, which is worth 590.