2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

According to my Twitter pal Chris Shanafelt, the Bills met with Lindenwood WR Greg Coble after his Pro Day workout yesterday.

Pro Day results - 6'0", 190lbs, 4.46 40, 43" vertical jump, 10'1" broad jump, 9 3/8" hands, 33.5" arm length.

68 catches for 1126 yards and 7 touchdowns in his two years at LU. Transfer from Murray State. Limited experience as a KR in 2014.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treadwell just ran a 4.65 at his pro day. How far does that knock him down draft boards?

40 speed is overrated. It's about separation. There are plenty of fast guys who can't get open and plenty of slow guys who can always get open.

Still not a fan of a receiver in the 1st or 2nd. Good franchises don't keep drafting Wrs in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Treadwell could be another Brandon Marshall with the big body and good speed for his size.

@SiriusXMNFL

.@PatKirwanCBS on @SuccessfulQuonL I don't think he'll be a top 10 pick but he reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson. This guy can play.

@ChrisTrapasso

Still maintain: Laquon Treadwell is Michael Crabtree.

I'm not sure if the Crabtree comparison is good or bad. He was very mediocre for his first 5 years and only broke out for another franchise.

Ceiling - Anquan Bolden

Floor - Michael Crabtree

That seems a fair assessment to me.

Fair enough.

I really want them to get another WR, but I don't believe Treadwell is worthy of the 19th pick (for this Bills team). I guess I would be happier with an OT, but I'm not sure they would get value there either. And it's probably all moot, because I completely expect them to draft defense, with the possible surprise of a QB.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Fair enough.

I really want them to get another WR, but I don't believe Treadwell is worthy of the 19th pick (for this Bills team). I guess I would be happier with an OT, but I'm not sure they would get value there either. And it's probably all moot, because I completely expect them to draft defense, with the possible surprise of a QB.

I wouldn't pick him for the Bills at 19 either.

@NFL_CFB

After crushing pro day, German WR now firmly on NFL team radars. --> http://on.nfl.com/1ZOpwG8

Ce50-HtUAAEOXHH.jpg

Officially at Florida Atlantic's pro day, Boehringer ran a 4.41-second 40-yard dash, had a vertical of 39 inches, a 10-foot-11 broad jump, a 4.09-second short shuttle, 11.15-second 60-yard shuttle, and a 6.64-second three-cone drill that had scouts on the ground doing double-takes at their stopwatches, shaking their heads, and laughing. He also had 17 lifts on the bench press. All of these marks would have landed inside the top five among all wide receivers who tested at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

Exciting to look for the diamonds in the rough. I don't see any way on earth that the Bills pick a WR before the 4th round, unless a 21 year old Jerry Rice is there.

I think that there is too much need and draft talent at DL, ILB, OLB and ORT to even think about any other position in round 1-3. The comment about draft talent applies mainly to DT or big run-stuffing 3-4 DEs. Much less applicable to LB and OT.