2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

You too!!

If the Bills were to pick Doctson you will have at least 1 other person that can justify it :). You won't have to go out on the battlefield alone.

Yep. Scoring points and keeping drives going...Major !! If there were 12 Doctson' 'types' in this draft we could, of course, wait. But IMHO there is but one and there are at least a dozen DLers. I think we'll go defense, as most do, but my goodness April 28 would be a good day for the offense and the team if we drafted Josh Doctson.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Scoring points and keeping drives going...Major !! If there were 12 Doctson' 'types' in this draft we could, of course, wait. But IMHO there is but one and there are at least a dozen DLers. I think we'll go defense, as most do, but my goodness April 28 would be a good day for the offense and the team if we drafted Josh Doctson.

Doctson is definitely my favorite of this class, but I do worry about his ability to beat press man at the next level. Regardless he plays way above the rim and I love the prospect of him being on the field opposite Sammy.

You too!!

If the Bills were to pick Doctson you will have at least 1 other person that can justify it :). You won't have to go out on the battlefield alone.

My only question would be , can the Bills make full use of him? I am just now digging into WRs and there are some in later rounds that be effective and can start.

I do agree Bills should have eyes wide open for a WR who can push Robert W back into 2b early.

With Sammy and Clay as the primary weapons in the passing game and Roman's scheme being mostly run oriented, how big of a priority should WR2 be?

oops just read this.

I think the best receiver the Bills can grab will be a player who can get downfield as compared to another possession receiver. Tyrods best threat is the deep ball over the top. I think would love to use that to help his run game

Doctson is definitely my favorite of this class, but I do worry about his ability to beat press man at the next level. Regardless he plays way above the rim and I love the prospect of him being on the field opposite Sammy.

I would not throw anything at the monitor if Bills grabbed him. Treadwell on the other hand..

He will be a fine pick for some team i am sure. does not seem a good fit for TT. in my most humble opinion

Dray is an excellent blocking TE. We were number 1 in rushing last year. Most teams run nickel as base defense. Treadwell is best blocking WR in years, and has size that Whaley craves. Treadwell can beat press, I am not sure about Dotson. I like Dotson, but I am just saying

Dray is an excellent blocking TE. We were number 1 in rushing last year. Most teams run nickel as base defense. Treadwell is best blocking WR in years, and has size that Whaley craves. Treadwell can beat press, I am not sure about Dotson. I like Dotson, but I am just saying

That is the knock on him. Doctson.

Do Bills really need another blocking wide receiver? Who is more likely to draw duole coverage or pulls a safety his way ? Thats what the Bills need

Sammy does a hell of job blocking too for those that have not noticed. Under rated for sure! pissed off quite a few CBs !

I'll admit, I'm torn about when we take WR in this class. All I know is that after Watkins/Woods, we don't have a receiver that deserves a place on the roster.

I'm a big Treadwell fan. As noted above, his blocking is just the cherry on the icing on the cake. Fantastic scheme fit.

I think Doctson can be special. The more I watch him, the more I'm convinced that he's a potential superstar. The body control, the high point ability, the sheer audacity of the man at times.

The class has horses for courses and thankfully we already have our #1 guy. No need to reach for someone. I just think I'd consider drafting 2 at some point.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I'll admit, I'm torn about when we take WR in this class. All I know is that after Watkins/Woods, we don't have a receiver that deserves a place on the roster.

I'm a big Treadwell fan. As noted above, his blocking is just the cherry on the icing on the cake. Fantastic scheme fit.

I think Doctson can be special. The more I watch him, the more I'm convinced that he's a potential superstar. The body control, the high point ability, the sheer audacity of the man at times.

The class has horses for courses and thankfully we already have our #1 guy. No need to reach for someone. I just think I'd consider drafting 2 at some point.

if they don't sign Harvin (or maybe even if they do) I really like the idea of Braxton Miller taking his place in this offense. I'm getting irrationally frustrated though when I do my mock drafts because he is always gone before we pick in the 2nd. I just feel like he's a 3rd rounder. And he is never there at 49. This is really screwing with me. :lol:

Pretty much my exact freling. I even worry a little about Woods as a number 2. I feel that he is a borderline 2 and the rest of the guys behind him are fringe NFL players. The Bills are in need of WR.

if they don't sign Harvin (or maybe even if they do) I really like the idea of Braxton Miller taking his place in this offense. I'm getting irrationally frustrated though when I do my mock drafts because he is always gone before we pick in the 2nd. I just feel like he's a 3rd rounder. And he is never there at 49. This is really screwing with me. :lol:

I like the idea of Braxton but I'm just not convinced that he's worth anything but a Day 3 pick. I love the guy, I actually liked him as a QB and I respect him for making the change and working hard at it.

It's one of those projections where I'd rather err on the side of caution (Miller is my 22nd ranked WR on film grades). Plenty of guys who are 'proper' receivers in the class that I have a higher comfort level with.

I wouldn't hate him on the roster though. If we do go down the Harvin replacement road, I think I'd just prefer Pharoh Cooper.

Pretty much my exact freling. I even worry a little about Woods as a number 2. I feel that he is a borderline 2 and the rest of the guys behind him are fringe NFL players. The Bills are in need of WR.

Woods is a guy I can live with as my #2, particularly with the kind of passing attack we have. If the talent is there to knock him down a rung on the ladder, that guy is going to be pretty decent to dislodge him. Win-win.

Passing targets are lacking, especially if they want Tyrod to prove something. Roman doesn't throw many RB passes. It's essentially Watkins/Woods/Clay and then Greg Salad and Jim 'Forgot About' Dray. Cringeworthy.

Where do you think Cooper might go Bloke? 3rd round?

That seems to be the sweet spot for the media. He's not a finished article yet as a route runner but he plays quicker than his measurements suggest. Hard to judge him considering how awful that SC team has been recently. His best QB was Dylan freakin Thompson!

He's one of the jack-of-all-trades types. Played WR, RB, wildcat QB, KR, PR. Teammates and coaches seem to adore him as a leader. As far as I know, he never moaned about how bad the team was and helped the transition after Spurrier left mid-season. The kid just loves the game, he's infectious.

I like the idea of Braxton but I'm just not convinced that he's worth anything but a Day 3 pick. I love the guy, I actually liked him as a QB and I respect him for making the change and working hard at it.

It's one of those projections where I'd rather err on the side of caution (Miller is my 22nd ranked WR on film grades). Plenty of guys who are 'proper' receivers in the class that I have a higher comfort level with.

I wouldn't hate him on the roster though. If we do go down the Harvin replacement road, I think I'd just prefer Pharoh Cooper.

Woods is a guy I can live with as my #2, particularly with the kind of passing attack we have. If the talent is there to knock him down a rung on the ladder, that guy is going to be pretty decent to dislodge him. Win-win.

Passing targets are lacking, especially if they want Tyrod to prove something. Roman doesn't throw many RB passes. It's essentially Watkins/Woods/Clay and then Greg Salad and Jim 'Forgot About' Dray. Cringeworthy.

the reason I like Braxton for this offense is he fills the Harvin role of opening things up for Sammy (which the Bills said was their main goal in bringing in Harvin) and providing that "oh ****" factor for the opposition when he's out there since you can line him up at WR, RB, and use him in so many ways. He's also an elite talent who isn't fully polished route runner yet but doesn't have to be right away in the role he will play. I think he could get there quickly. He's also bigger than Harvin and gives us some size. Plus Woods is a very polished route runner. I would love Sammy, Braxton and Woods with Boykin, Goodwin, Hankerson.

Braxton just seems to fit this particular offense. So much elite talent/speed/versatility in play calling with Tyrod, Sammy, Braxton, Shady... (I don't even play madden btw)

That said, 3rd round seems right to me but he's never there.

Edited by YoloinOhio

WR is the Bills biggest need on offense, even greater than right tackle. They really have no one besides Sammy that you would want to start on the outside. Woods is pretty much a lock to be our slot guy with Hogan gone. Given that the Bills were sniffing around Boldin, it would not surprise me at all if we took Treadwell or Doctson with our first pick.

Edit: Jim Monos also said this http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2016/1/20/10796944/buffalo-bills-jim-monos-no-2-wide-receiver-robert-woods-percy-harvin

"Percy Harvin was supposed to be a big help for us, and we're still not sure what's going. He's got to make some decisions here coming up. But we need to get someone opposite of (Sammy Watkins) to be a real threat to that defense," Monos told Murphy. "I still think that's a big key for our offense to take one more step."
Edited by Fingon

That seems to be the sweet spot for the media. He's not a finished article yet as a route runner but he plays quicker than his measurements suggest. Hard to judge him considering how awful that SC team has been recently. His best QB was Dylan freakin Thompson!

He's one of the jack-of-all-trades types. Played WR, RB, wildcat QB, KR, PR. Teammates and coaches seem to adore him as a leader. As far as I know, he never moaned about how bad the team was and helped the transition after Spurrier left mid-season. The kid just loves the game, he's infectious.

This is the kind of WR i think the Bills would get the most use out of.

I am thinking 3rd round is the place to grab a WR.

Sticking to my guns that Bills just are not going to need another upper echelon Rec this coming season because i am not sure TT can make use of all the threats he has at his disposal now.

The lone reason to take a impact WR in the early rounds is to take heat off Sammy. Surely there are some players in this draft who can do after the 2nd rd.

If TT takes the next step n then the following season i have no issue with taking a WR in the 1st.

Cart before the horse is how i feel