2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want the Bills to draft another small speedy WR like a Glass Goodwin, TJ Graham, Roscoe Parrish etc… The Bills need to draft a big, physical WR that can high point the ball, outmuscle and out leap DB's and can take some hits. Another reason why it's important to have a big, physical WR vs a smaller speedy WR is once it's starts snowing, the snow negates the WR speed, so you need the bigger WR to shed and break through tackles. Smaller speedy WR's are more injury prone as well (as we've seen with Glass Goodwin and Roscoe Parrish).

I haven't read all 20 pages of this thread so my apologies if my argument is not a new one...

There's been some speculation that the Bills go WR in the first round. This would surprise me.

Based on last years performance/rankings, we need more help on D than O. That would suggest drafting a defensive player would be a higher priority than an offensive player.

Roman likes to run more than pass. That would suggest drafting a player to help the run game would be a higher priority than drafting someone to help the pass game.

We already have one 1st rd WR. That would suggest we'd want to help a different position with a 1st rounder this year.

If a WR is truly the BPA, so be it. I'm hoping for - and expecting - something else at 19.

@RapSheet

#Baylor basketball player Rico Gathers has his pro day today at the #Saints facility & 24 teams sent representatives. Teams are intrigued.

@nfldraftscout

Matt Miller Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Pretty boring tight end class could push this guy up boards.

Results from Rico's pro day are starting to emerge.

6'6" (79th percentile amongst TE's), 273 pounds (96th), 4.75 40 time (60th), 115" broad jump (54th), 4.56 SS (11th).

@kellkill1

@LedyardNFLDraft what's up with this German WR Moritz Boehringer?Does he really have a shot?

@LedyardNFLDraft

Jon Ledyard Retweeted kellkill

Long shot, but he's certainly athletic. @MattWaldman did a killer piece on him here: https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2016/04/18/12-things-worth-learning-from-wr-moritz-boehringers-tape/

• 4 months later...

Looks like my guy Robby Anderson of Temple is having a solid pro day.

Ran his 40 in the mid-4.4's and touched 37" in the vertical jump.

Shrine Game Measurements: 6'2-1/2", 180 lbs, 8-3/8" hands (yikes), 30" arms

Anderson has 11 catches for 203 yards and 2 TDs in 3 games for the Jets thus far...he's looking every bit like an NFL receiver.