Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this year was very humbling for Rex.....all coaches have to be arrogant to a point when interviewing...they all think they can work magic with what they have.....this years defense wasn't the case....was it scheme? Maybe....did some players regress? Maybe.....I'm going with Rex is a good coach and knows defense.....Whaley knows talent....they get some of the right players who are smart enough to run Rex's defense and the results will show....those that haven't bought into the defense will be removed. I still have optimism for Rex.Th

This is an important point as Rex can't blame the front office for the failures this year. He already admitted he shouldn't have shot off his mouth so much at the start of the season and changed how the defense communicates the last two weeks. Good coaches are not too proud to change the way they do things if it's not working so we'll see.

Hackett was only handcuffed by the crap offensive personnel he had to work with , not Marrone. We now EJ is not a starting NFL QB. Marrone knew that faster than anyone. He was left with that old sloth, Orton and Marrone/Hackett some squeezed nine wins out that combo. Could have been 10 or 11 if Orton wasn't a coward (Denver game) and Bryce and Leodis didn't fumble the KC game away.

Hackett was only handcuffed by the crap offensive personnel he had to work with , not Marrone. We now EJ is not a starting NFL QB. Marrone knew that faster than anyone. He was left with that old sloth, Orton and Marrone/Hackett some squeezed nine wins out that combo. Could have been 10 or 11 if Orton wasn't a coward (Denver game) and Bryce and Leodis didn't fumble the KC game away.

How many of those 9 wins were defensive? Defense held teams to less than 17 points 8 times last season and went 7-1 as a result.

Laughable. No way Schwartz would go with Marrone after he bailed on him.

Marrone will be black balled just like Mularkey will never get a HC job again. You don't embarrass one member of a small group and get away with it.

Wishful thinking on your part. The league knows what happened. Marrone was run out of town because he wasn't liked by the media so they did an axe job on him. If you're even paying a little attention to what's going on in the league you would know you're post is wrong. Sorry it seems to cause pain for you and some other fans, but he is a legitimate hot commodity.

Wishful thinking on your part. The league knows what happened. Marrone was run out of town because he wasn't liked by the media so they did an axe job on him. If you're even paying a little attention to what's going on in the league you would know you're post is wrong. Sorry it seems to cause pain for you and some other fans, but he is a legitimate hot commodity.

Marrone was run out of town?

That's a fresh take.

this is funny. There is indeed film of his coaching.

Also if Whaley was anti any other QB, then why did we bring in Taylor, have him win the competition and start? Was it just because Rex asked? Did Marrone not realize he could do that?

Whaley brought in Kolb, Jackson, Orton, Cassel, and Taylor, as far as league vets, and all of those players minus Taylor had prior starting experience, and were some of the better QBs available to us on the market. I don't really understand the idea that Whaley forced EJ on coaches.

Whaley brought in Kolb, Jackson, Orton, Cassel, and Taylor, as far as league vets, and all of those players minus Taylor had prior starting experience, and were some of the better QBs available to us on the market. I don't really understand the idea that Whaley forced EJ on coaches.

Cos Jerry Sullivan says so.

pure speculation...because I think Schwartz is holding out for a HCing job. Marrone is probably going to get some HCing offers as will Bengals OC Hue Jackson.

The Dolphins are giving Mike Shanahan a second interview. I'd have to say that Shanny's prediction about Kirk Cousins being able to develop into a top QB has a lot to do with that.

Then the Saints have said they want a #2 pick for Sean Payton

How many of those 9 wins were defensive? Defense held teams to less than 17 points 8 times last season and went 7-1 as a result.

My post already answered your question. The offense absolutely struggled. The point here, that you're missing, is that Marrone squeezed everything possible from the offense to help get the team to nine wins. He actually did a great job. If Rex had the same team they would be lucky to win two games. And let me point out, again, if it weren't for two stupid fumbles in the KC game they are 10-6. But, that's history now. I'm a Bills fan and have to support Ryan even though he is an incompetent buffoon and his history suggests that it is less likely than not that he can change.

Yeah I don't get it either. The only problem I had with Whaley was letting Fitz go and getting Kolb. Fitz wasn't the answer and he was certainly overpaid to be a backup, and he did want the starting role, but he would have been too much of a class act to sulk about it, and would've put his heart into the team when called upon. Feel like something would've turned out differently in that case. Who knows though, we might have never have picked up Tyrod, and we would be stuck with Manuel, and Fitz then.

My post already answered your question. The offense absolutely struggled. The point here, that you're missing, is that Marrone squeezed everything possible from the offense to help get the team to nine wins. He actually did a great job. If Rex had the same team they would be lucky to win two games. And let me point out, again, if it weren't for two stupid fumbles in the KC game they are 10-6. But, that's history now. I'm a Bills fan and have to support Ryan even though he is an incompetent buffoon and his history suggests that it is less likely than not that he can change.

And I am telling you that you are attributing those wins to Marrone squeezing life out of the offense when in reality, our defense won a few of those games despite our offense.