Dennis Thurman should never, ever be allowed to speak

Beerball

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy

I mean the crit is legit......there is all kinds of talk of confusion on defense.....he is the DC (even if he is Rex puppet in this regard)

He has to answer this question.....and the fact that he cannot speaks loads

It speaks to the fact that he is covering for the real DC....

I read that earlier today, and I was too disgusted to post it.

Regardless of what the truth is behind all this, that interview was a public embarrassment. I agree with BB that I wouldn't want someone like that in a key role in my team, even if he is a stooge for the head coach.

Q: Who is the coach in the booth that Preston Brown said was getting the calls in late?

Thurman: "I have no idea what he’s talking about. See again, you guys assume I know what’s going on. I have no idea."

Q: Why wouldn’t you know what’s going on with your defense?

Thurman: "I don’t know what you’re talking about is what I’m saying to you."

Q: When Preston Brown said that calls are coming in late…

Thurman: "You’ll have to ask Preston."

Q: He said he didn’t know who was in the booth.

Thurman: You’ll have to ask Preston.

That should be a fireable offense. That's ABSURD.

I get the rationale behind wanting to fire Thurman. I mean, someone needs to be the scapegoat and it obviously won't be Rex. My question to those people banging the table for Thurman to go is who do we replace him with? At the end of the day, we are going to run Rex's scheme so the person we bring in has to be on board with that. Do we promote someone already on the staff? Guys like Pettine or Pagano don't seem realistic. So what's the solution?

Edited by Bangarang

I get the rationale behind wanting to fire Thurman. I mean, someone needs to be the scapegoat and it obviously won't be Rex. My question to those people banging the table for Thurman to go is who do we replace him with? At the end of the day, we are going to run Rex's scheme so the person we bring in has to be on board with that. Do we promote someone already on the staff? Guys like Pettine or Pagano don't seem realistic. So what's the solution?

Does it matter? This is Rex's defense. I mean, who is Thurman, anyway?

Is everyone here selectively reading this out of context, or am I missing something?

Isn't it clear that he's saying he doesn't know what Preston Brown is telling the media?

I know it can read as if he's saying "I'm not aware of this issue," but it seems like he meant to say "I'm not aware of the media coverage of this issue."

Is everyone here selectively reading this out of context, or am I missing something?

Isn't it clear that he's saying he doesn't know what Preston Brown is telling the media?

I know it can read as if he's saying "I'm not aware of this issue," but it seems like he meant to say "I'm not aware of the media coverage of this issue."

That's exactly what he's referring to by saying that he doesn't read the local newspaper.

i don't know. Could be. I have heard him do many interviews and he's not a man of many words but seems pretty intelligent.

That's exactly what he's referring to by saying that he doesn't read the local newspaper.

Right, but it's also what he's referring to throughout this entire exchange:

Q: Who is the coach in the booth that Preston Brown said was getting the calls in late?
Thurman: "I have no idea what he’s talking about. See again, you guys assume I know what’s going on. I have no idea."
Q: Why wouldn’t you know what’s going on with your defense?
Thurman: "I don’t know what you’re talking about is what I’m saying to you."
what he doesn't know about is the media coverage