Dennis Thurman should never, ever be allowed to speak

Beerball

Right, but it's also what he's referring to throughout this entire exchange:

Q: Who is the coach in the booth that Preston Brown said was getting the calls in late?
Thurman: "I have no idea what he’s talking about. See again, you guys assume I know what’s going on. I have no idea."
Q: Why wouldn’t you know what’s going on with your defense?
Thurman: "I don’t know what you’re talking about is what I’m saying to you."
what he doesn't know about is the media coverage

He wasn't aware of the interview with Preston Brown. But of course he's aware of the communication issue on defense. He definitely is no fan of these weekly media sessions with the coordinators while OTOH Roman does a much better job dealing with them.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont actually think hes clueless to whats being said. It sounds like hes annoyed that he has to sit and answer difficult questions. "How dare someone question me!"is the attitude he gives. So instead of answering he just doesnt answer or gives the "I dont know" response.

No matter the reason his answers are disturbing.

Is everyone here selectively reading this out of context, or am I missing something?

Isn't it clear that he's saying he doesn't know what Preston Brown is telling the media?

I know it can read as if he's saying "I'm not aware of this issue," but it seems like he meant to say "I'm not aware of the media coverage of this issue."

The reporter is telling him what Preston Brown said. It's about the defensive play calling, which is what Thurman is supposed to be in charge of. His response is that he doesn't know what he's talking about. That's pretty bad.

He wasn't aware of the interview with Preston Brown. But of course he's aware of the communication issue on defense. He definitely is no fan of these weekly media sessions with the coordinators while OTOH Roman does a much better job dealing with them.

i don't think either likes the obligatory media seasons but Roman does talk more than Thurman. He shows his disdain for the media at times though too. One time one of the wgr guys asked Roman something starting with "So when people say...." And Roman cut him off "I don't care what people say."

I dont actually think hes clueless to whats being said. It sounds like hes annoyed that he has to sit and answer difficult questions. "How dare someone question me!"is the attitude he gives. So instead of answering he just doesnt answer or gives the "I dont know" response.

He knows. He's just choosing to be obstinate.

He knows. He's just choosing to be obstinate.

there is another interview where he did this a few weeks back before the Eagles game - wrt Nickell Robey covering Jordan Matthews in the slot.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/12/will_nickell_robey_have_help_with_jordan_matthews_5_things_we_learned_from_bills.html

Edited by YoloinOhio

That's your interpretation.

I think you're really reaching to defend Thurman here, but to each his own. I really wonder what would have to happen for some Bills fans to be critical of players or coaches on this team.

there is another interview where he did this a few weeks back before the Eagles game - wrt Nickell Robey covering Jordan Matthews in the slot.

In recent weeks the Bills have stopped posting Thurman's media sessions on the site while those with Roman continue to be linked. Thurman clearly has a strong disdain for them and it comes through.

I think you're really reaching to defend Thurman here, but to each his own. I really wonder what would have to happen for some Bills fans to be critical of players or coaches on this team.

I'm not defending him. I'm putting his words back into the context he intended.

I'm not justifying anything he said. I'm not praising any of it either. I'm clar--you know what? Forget it. Go ahead and set your pitch forks on fire and let's get this stupid bum out of here. :doh:

In recent weeks the Bills have stopped posting Thurman's media sessions on the site while those with Roman continue to be linked. Thurman clearly has a strong disdain for them and it comes through.

I've been wondering what happened to those.

Yes. At the very least he must be aware of the communication issue.

To skirt the POINT of the question is very disturbing.

Thurman VS. Clinton 2016!!

Imo

He wasn't aware of the interview with Preston Brown.

You believe that? Of course that's what he's saying, but, it is complete and utter BS. If that's the best he's got then we're really in bad shape.

How many defensive plays do you call Dennis?

Some

I mean a lot

ding*ding*ding

Sounds like a guy that would bend himself into a pretzel to custom fit his scheme to his players... :wacko:

Rex disagrees with you...

. "I think all through this process youre seeing coaches get opportunities to be a head coach. Dennis Thurman will be at the top of the list in a very short time."

Geepers Rex!! He has no basis for his blind faith of people and his big uncontrollable mouth!!

I'm not defending him. I'm putting his words back into the context he intended.

I'm not justifying anything he said. I'm not praising any of it either. I'm clar--you know what? Forget it. Go ahead and set your pitch forks on fire and let's get this stupid bum out of here. :doh:

I believe he's a bum because the defense is clearly confused, it's his job to teach it, and he seems like an !@#$. Is that ok?

I guess it doesn't really matter. Rex is a master interviews and his teams are losers. Thurman is a disaster at interviews and his defense stinks. Their effectiveness at interviews doesn't seem relevant I guess.

Plus, it's always good to show some contempt for the fans and the media when your teams poops it's pants. It makes you sound like you think it's their fault.

Edited by vincec