Dennis Thurman should never, ever be allowed to speak

Beerball

I get the rationale behind wanting to fire Thurman. I mean, someone needs to be the scapegoat and it obviously won't be Rex. My question to those people banging the table for Thurman to go is who do we replace him with? At the end of the day, we are going to run Rex's scheme so the person we bring in has to be on board with that. Do we promote someone already on the staff? Guys like Pettine or Pagano don't seem realistic. So what's the solution?

how about Rex's brother??????????? :doh:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reporter is telling him what Preston Brown said. It's about the defensive play calling, which is what Thurman is supposed to be in charge of. His response is that he doesn't know what he's talking about. That's pretty bad.

Is he in charge of the play calling or relaying the call to Preston Brown?

I ask because every time I look at Rex on that sideline when we are on defense, he is clearly making the calls after referencing his laminated cheat sheet.

GO BILLS!!!

You believe that? Of course that's what he's saying, but, it is complete and utter BS. If that's the best he's got then we're really in bad shape.

How many defensive plays do you call Dennis?

Some

I mean a lot

ding*ding*ding

I don't know if he knows about the interview or not, but he sure as hell knows about the late play calls and miscommunication on D. Like I said he's being intentionally difficult because he doesn't like the line of questioning and dealing with the media in general.

I don't know if he knows about the interview or not, but he sure as hell knows about the late play calls and miscommunication on D. Like I said he's being intentionally difficult because he doesn't like the line of questioning and dealing with the media in general.

Which is problematic for a professional entertainer.

I guess everyone here he conduct himself more like his boss?

Being a dick to the media doesn't seem to have any correlation with success.

That said, he's never coordinated a dominant Rex Ryan defense. So...

Which is problematic for a professional entertainer.

I guess everyone here he conduct himself more like his boss?

Being a dick to the media doesn't seem to have any correlation with success.

That said, he's never coordinated a dominant Rex Ryan defense. So...

Like I said earlier, you don't have to worry about him ever being an NFL HC. Dealing with media obligations is a huge part of the gig and he's miserable at it.

Seems like people are now going after Thurman because the know Rex is back next year so someone has to be banished as the pound of flesh for the failed defense this season.

I don't agree with this. I didn't want Rex gone but I think Thurman has done a bad job this year.

Seems like people are now going after Thurman because the know Rex is back next year so someone has to be banished as the pound of flesh for the failed defense this season.

I don't think the media is going after Thurman at all. It was a legitimate series of questions regarding a season long issue. His inability to communicate articulately invites the response.

If you meant people in the fandom going after him, yeah, I agree. We like our scapegoats.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think the media is going after Thurman at all. It was a legitimate series of questions regarding a season long issue. His inability to communicate articulately invites the response.

If you meant people in the fandom going after him, yeah, I agree. We like our scapegoats.

GO BILLS!!!

The fans are indeed what I was referring to.

Is everyone here selectively reading this out of context, or am I missing something?

Isn't it clear that he's saying he doesn't know what Preston Brown is telling the media?

I know it can read as if he's saying "I'm not aware of this issue," but it seems like he meant to say "I'm not aware of the media coverage of this issue."

Clearly that's that he's taking about, but still you HAVE to be a little smarter than to throw out quotes like that. Whether or not he actually reads the media, he needs to have some awareness about what's being said about the Bills D. If he doesn't get that the D is the big, underperforming part of the team, guy has to go...

Clearly that's that he's taking about, but still you HAVE to be a little smarter than to throw out quotes like that. Whether or not he actually reads the media, he needs to have some awareness about what's being said about the Bills D. If he doesn't get that the D is the big, underperforming part of the team, guy has to go...

Right? I mean, the nerve is out and exposed with those that follow this team. We all saw the putrid defense this year - fans and media. This "Nobody puts Denny on a corner" act should be reserved for coaches that field a winning (if not functional) product and that do not have locker rooms publicly melting down.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

I was wondering if someone would react to that article.

Yeah, not the most articulate guy, but to be fair, he stated earlier in the interview that he did not read the papers, especially the local papers. So the whole sequence is:

Q: Who is the coach in the booth that Preston Brown said was getting the calls in late?

Thurman: "I have no idea what he’s talking about. See again, you guys assume I know what’s going on. I have no idea."

Q: Why wouldn’t you know what’s going on with your defense?

Thurman: "I don’t know what you’re talking about is what I’m saying to you."

Q: When Preston Brown said that calls are coming in late…

Thurman: "You’ll have to ask Preston."

I kind of felt Ty Dunne could have handled it better, for example, saying "In an interview, Preston Brown said calls were coming in late from the booth. Who is the coach in the booth who sends in calls?" would have kept Thurman from having the obstructionist "out" of "I don't know what you're talking about"

Edited by Hopeful