Bucky Gleason: The Pegulas May Be in Over Their Heads

26CornerBlitz

I don't understand the animosity toward the piece the guy wrote. It is CLEARLY an opinion piece.

Because it's a ****ty opinion.

Not because I disagree with it. Because it it basically calls the Pegulas incompetent for the decisions of other people, and suggests the solution of having people other than the Pegulas make those decisions, which is utterly nonsensical.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the sentiment, Pegula initially really screwed up with Reiger. They are however on the right path, get a really good goaltender and this team is in the playoffs, 8th seed not hard to get too. One more good draft and this team is refreshed with another high 1st pick that might play right away. Eichel will be a beast once his body fills in. Reinhart, Ristolelin and O'Reilly are already the stars.

Now the Bills are a different story, they can get a top 3 pick when they decide to tank. Just cut everyone and field a bad team if you know your going nowhere. On the right year that gets you 10 years with a franchise QB.

BUT the Bills are not that bad! TT needs to find the middle of the field, maybe his height is too big a problem. If he can move and find the throwing lanes then step up and throw we have a shot. He can hit the side line play and throw deep! Bills need to use McCoy on play action and screens more, he has to have 2000 total yards to be a center piece. Need a real #2 WR. Defense has to be a top 10 type defense. All doable! Thought we could do that this year.

I will see where this leads and make my NFL package decision around Labor Day next year, either that or I might be buying Panthers gear, LOL!

Edited by USABuffaloFan

Don't know and don't care about the Sabres, but when it comes to the Bills, Pegs is relying on a used car salesman who knows nothing about football, a junior GM/glorified scout, and Rex f'n Ryan. He's absolutely over his head right now, and that's why he needs a czar/consultant to take a serious look at the organization.

That's too bad because you are looking at the world through a paper towel tube if you ignore what is happening with the Sabres.

Bucky Gleason is, and always has been, an idiot. He has had it in for Pegula ever since Terry dared criticize the poor reporting presented by TBN on literally his first day as owner if the Sabres. Gleason has nothing to add. He is even worse at his job than Sullivan, although it is hard to believe that is possible.

Read the article, bitchers. He's saying they need a football guy in charge...and they DO!

Actually, I don't mind most of the article. I don't necessarily agree with his recommendations but I'm okay with differing opinions.

There's really only remark that's bothersome: 'the Pegulas are in over their heads' as owners of a NFL franchise.

I think he's wrong. I think he fails to back the statement up. I think it's absurd even to suggest it after one season of ownership. And I think it's an unnecessarily offensive statement.

Because it's a ****ty opinion.

Not because I disagree with it. Because it it basically calls the Pegulas incompetent for the decisions of other people, and suggests the solution of having people other than the Pegulas make those decisions, which is utterly nonsensical.

and very rude, considering what Pegulas have committed to Buffalo, the city.

why offend and antagonize. Is there an Election going on?

Bucky is a clown. He has had it in for the Pegulas. Take everything he says (writes) with shaker full of salt.

To get some perspective on Bucky's take, read (or re-read) that article he wrote about Kim about a year or so ago.

Edited by Peter

Gleason clearly wasn't reporting and I don't think Sullivan ever does. We are discussing opinion pieces and this is one. I read your entire post, hence, I'm convinced you don't know the difference.

Reporter, writer, journalist, columnist...whatever. You just sound butt hurt because I insulted your favorite writer. If you like that hack and are upset that I called him a hack, then I'll call the whaambulance and have them pick you up. Edited by Jerry Jabber

Buffalo Sports fans have some sort of complex in which they are always questioning "if they got the wrong guy". Of course that changes with winning, but the non stop theorizing about who the next "problem" is, is very telling of the average Buffalo fan's mindset. Who can we blame next? It goes from the bottom (players) all the way up to now we are questioning if we got the right owner? Give me a break.

Reporter, writer, journalist, columnist...whatever. You just sound butt hurt because I insulted your favorite writer. If you like that hack and are upset that I called him a hack, then I'll call the whaambulance and have them pick you up.

WEO is the patron saint of haters.

Bucky is a clown. He has had it in for the Pegulas. Take everything he says (writes) with shaker full of salt.

To get some perspective on Bucky's take, read (or re-read) that article he wrote about Kim about a year or so ago.

The one that suggested women don't belong in sports? Buck's a real gem.

No time for minor sports. Are the Bandits still in town? I don't follow them either.

Ouch! Burn on the NHL. I just figured you'd use it as a window into Pegula as an owner. That's all. Spoiler: They're doing fine.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

WEO is the patron saint of haters.

The one that suggested women don't belong in sports? Buck's a real gem.

Ouch! Burn on the NHL. I just figured you'd use it as a window into Pegula as an owner. That's all. Spoiler: They're doing fine.

Like I just said in other posts, I have faith that Pegs will figure things out re: the Bills, he will just have to learn the hard way. Not exactly the easiest position to be in after your 1st full year as owner.

Gleason is a hack but I cannot help but agree. These folks ARE in over their heads. This drought is gonna reach 20 before we know it. Rex staying around only plants the seeds for that fate. As a Sabres fan, the Pegulas are no better than the crooked Rigas family. We're left waxing harmonious over Seymour and Nordy Knox. Bills fans will soon be pining for Ebenezer Ralph and his miserly henchmen.By the way, who are the Pegulas? From where did they come? We know their wealth came from poisoning ground water- but who exactly are they? Are they lizard people? Is Terry a member of the Illuminati? Are they members of the Morman chruch? And what kind of name is "pegula"? What is that- Slavic or something? In Esperonto "pegula" is translated as "devil".

Gleason is a hack but I cannot help but agree. These folks ARE in over their heads. This drought is gonna reach 20 before we know it. Rex staying around only plants the seeds for that fate. As a Sabres fan, the Pegulas are no better than the crooked Rigas family. We're left waxing harmonious over Seymour and Nordy Knox. Bills fans will soon be pining for Ebenezer Ralph and his miserly henchmen.By the way, who are the Pegulas? From where did they come? We know their wealth came from poisoning ground water- but who exactly are they? Are they lizard people? Is Terry a member of the Illuminati? Are they members of the Morman chruch? And what kind of name is "pegula"? What is that- Slavic or something? In Esperonto "pegula" is translated as "devil".

Go crawl back under a rock. You have severely unjustified hatred of the Pegulas that stinks of jealousy and envy.

Go crawl back under a rock. You have severely unjustified hatred of the Pegulas that stinks of jealousy and envy.

Are you certain he's not a brilliant billionaire with a differing opinion? It sounds like he's not a lizard person, as he seems to be anti-lizard person, among other things. (That's goofy stuff.)

One season as owners and we want them gone. Bills fans are nothing if not patient.