only fitting if IK Enemkpali named a captain for Jets game

BackInDaDay

Rex may appoint IK Enemkpali a captain again next week.. i think it's only right. this way, whoever the Jets appoint as captains for the coin toss can see the embodiment of what had to be purged from their team, in order for them to get their house in order. IKE can then return to our sideline, and disappear on the bench - at least until his number's called - then he can disappear on the field.

yep, it's definitely been the tale of two teams, heading in different directions. one's now taking care of business like pros, while the other is up to it's childish ears in BS.

take a good look at those Jets this Sunday - that's who we were supposed to be.. at least, that's where i thought we were heading...

solid D and STs with an O that might surprise people.

well, at least we got the O part right... but just when you think the Bills can't crap the bed worse than their last season, each new season proves there's no limit to this snake bit organization's misery.

this week, we get the additional kick in the nuts of watching a QB and Coach who failed to get the job done here - succeed in getting the job done there. ..and there's a pretty good possibility that they'll be driving one last nail into the Bills' heart this week - because make no mistake - the Jets we handled earlier this season are not the same team. they've grown, and succeeded with LEADERSHIP..

meanwhile our ridiculous head coach will most likely parade their garbage out as our captain next Sunday.. and if he does, i hope everyone here recognizes the very real difference in cultures that decision represents.

ahhh.. don't mind me.. just another frustrated fan of many, many, many years finding one last cruel irony to another failed season.

.. there.. that's better. :unsure:

I've always thought the hand wringing over Rex rotating captains was over dramatic. The idea that leaders are somehow not maximizing their status/influence because of it seems silly.

And I can buy into Rex's everyone's eligible policy and not excluding a guy that is part of the family

But the IK one and the jags one each bugged me. The marrone one was not liking the obvious trolling. The IK one though wasn't as obvious. Til I realized that I just didn't want him on the team and it wasn't truly about captain status.

Rex may appoint IK Enemkpali a captain again next week.. i think it's only right. this way, whoever the Jets appoint as captains for the coin toss can see the embodiment of what had to be purged from their team, in order for them to get their house in order. IKE can then return to our sideline, and disappear on the bench - at least until his number's called - then he can disappear on the field.

yep, it's definitely been the tale of two teams, heading in different directions. one's now taking care of business like pros, while the other is up to it's childish ears in BS.

take a good look at those Jets this Sunday - that's who we were supposed to be.. at least, that's where i thought we were heading...

solid D and STs with an O that might surprise people.

well, at least we got the O part right... but just when you think the Bills can't crap the bed worse than their last season, each new season proves there's no limit to this snake bit organization's misery.

this week, we get the additional kick in the nuts of watching a QB and Coach who failed to get the job done here - succeed in getting the job done there. ..and there's a pretty good possibility that they'll be driving one last nail into the Bills' heart this week - because make no mistake - the Jets we handled earlier this season are not the same team. they've grown, and succeeded with LEADERSHIP..

meanwhile our ridiculous head coach will most likely parade their garbage out as our captain next Sunday.. and if he does, i hope everyone here recognizes the very real difference in cultures that decision represents.

ahhh.. don't mind me.. just another frustrated fan of many, many, many years finding one last cruel irony to another failed season.

.. there.. that's better. :unsure:

My dear chap, I feel your pain. Here, this will help:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/hot-buttered-rum-recipe.html

Unless you prefer this:

http://punchdrink.com/recipes/hot-buttered-rum/

Mario plays great pass coverage

yes.. he sure does..

excuse me, while I run out and get a lobotomy - so I can rejoin this discussion.

edit - before I go, maybe I can start a post on which is more important to Sunday's game - Fitz's beard or Darby's dreads? that will keep most of you occupied for awhile

Edited by BackInDaDay

I continue to not care who flips the coin, though I tend to prefer season long captains (not that it ever helped the Bills before). But I don't see the per game captain selection of former players of the opponent as some giant indictment of the organization. Didn't the Jets just dust off Mo Lewis and roll him out there to troll the Pats for the coin flip?

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is the correct response.

well - that's certainly the obvious response..

but since my point was.. that while the Jets are making a push to the playoffs with two class acts who couldn't get it done in Buffalo, the best the Bills can do is drag one of their pathetic, classless "bully" posterboys out for one last photo-op. i was thinking that maybe someone else here may have caught the irony in that, and responded as a fan who was as disgusted as i was by the whole, failed "bully" era hyperbole.

because even for Rex, this whole "building a bully" crap was a dick move.. which culminated in the IKE signing. it's exactly the kind of stunt that keeps a Rex Ryan team from going about it's business.. and it's why most of the front offices in the league wouldn't consider Ryan a serious head coaching candidate.. he's never learned that players respond to hard work and discipline.. and that everything else is BS.. and that he's way too involved in BS to manage his team

maybe he should have "I tell you what, I'm gonna fight like hell to get out of here" etched on his tombstone

Edited by BackInDaDay

IK should be the Jets Captain. He is clearly the MVP of that team for taking out Geno.

maybe the Jets will carry humid the field on their shoulders once they have officially clinched a playoff spot?

Bills fans won't mind cause they will be distracted sitting in their seats arguing over how Fitz will screw things up and how the Bills are so much better then the playoff bound Jets......