what was the Biggest turning pt of season

HelpusAll

The refs handing the pats yet another game against us in week 2. And then again whatever week we played them the second time. People are so quick to forget its scary.

I can hear it next year already "there is no reason we can 't beat the pats. Just gota get pressure up the middle". Haha

Edited by Estelle Getty

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get bothered by hearing the release of Fred Jackson. While yes, to an extent it may have left a leadership void, it also provided the opportunity for someone else on the roster to step up and lead. No one did that. So the issue isn't necessarily that FJ was cut, it was that not one other player in that locker room stepped up and said I'll lead. I'll be the guy.

Week 4, Giants at Bills.

Going 2-2 and 0-2 in home games was a hard, tough pill to swallow. Going 0-2 at home is a HUGE Red Flag!

Could it get better? Yes!

But, Rex and his staff have failed this test. As a result, the players, the franchise and every individual fan have seen the writing on the wall and well, are vocal.

Terry Pegula has a giant promblem on his hands, and if he hires a football czar, which supposedly he is, will point out what every fan has pointed out for the past two months.

Rex and his giant contract, may have to be bought out and a clearing of the FO may commence.

Rex and Whaley may both be out and a new regime will happen.

we beat the Colts at home week 1...

I get bothered by hearing the release of Fred Jackson. While yes, to an extent it may have left a leadership void, it also provided the opportunity for someone else on the roster to step up and lead. No one did that. So the issue isn't necessarily that FJ was cut, it was that not one other player in that locker room stepped up and said I'll lead. I'll be the guy.

Fair point.

One would hope that the FO and/or coaching staff would have identified that player and talked to him about being a leader. If that didn't happen, then I think the FO and staff had a role in the leadership void.

The Bills beat the Colts, and everyone thought that the Bills were finally the Real Deal.

Then the Jets beat the Colts, and I started to wonder if the Bills victory over the Colts was really all that significant.

Then the Colts struggled to beat some crappy teams, and I knew the Bills victory over the Colts was not significant.

The Loss to the Giants hurt because they aren't a very good team.

Then the loss in London caused me to realize these are the same old Bills of the last 15 years; much better on paper than on the field.

Fair point.

One would hope that the FO and/or coaching staff would have identified that player and talked to him about being a leader. If that didn't happen, then I think the FO and staff had a role in the leadership void.

I don't necessarily disagree with that. At the same time, true leaders aren't one that are talked to about it, it's something they have inside them and they typically know when to step up.

That was it. This team gave up after that.

I agree. This team was flat for the entire year, especially that first game after he got cut, the opening game win vs Indy. They had no heart and didn't compete in that game. Obviously they should have won much more than 27-14.

There are a couple that stand out for me:

- The Giants Game. That put them behind the 8-ball for the entire season.

- Tyrod's Injury. Not having him cost us the Jags game.

- Aaron Williams and Kyle Williams Injuries. This really put the screws on our D; Not having Kyle really hurt the D-Line and Aaron is a dynamic player in Rex's D.

As far as game or plays, i would say the Jax game, but to me the cutting of Fred Jackson was huge. It didn't matter if he has 15 carries for 65 yds all season long, what he brought to the table in his leadership skills alone should have earned him a spot on this roster. There was a huge leadership void in that locker room as noted by Boobie and others this wk.

This

It's the Jags game. EJ had about as bad of a 5 minute stretch as I have ever seen. I thought he honestly was going to cry. But say what you want to about him, we had the lead and just need to stop Bortles from going 85 yards.

If we win the game, everyone laughs about how bad that first half was just like the Titans game. Except the defense made a play to win that game and we didn't in London.

I have 4 turning points, in order of greatest impact.

1. The hiring of Rex Ryan. The biggest coaching mistake this franchise has made since the hiring of Gregggggggg Williams.

2. Cutting Fred Jackson. Left the team leaderless and without RB depth for the NYG and JAX games, both huge losses.

3. The first Cheats game. Ryan ran his mouth all week and ratcheted the hype to ridiculous levels. The Bills dominated the NFL pre-game shows, and lost in humiliating fashion to the Cheats (the only time the game lived up to the pre-game hype was the Jest game, we lost all the others).

4. The JAX game. EJ shook off a terrible first-half and threw some gorgeous bombs to bring the Bills all the way back. Sadly, he gets no credit for that and is on the way out because the defense allowed Blke $%^&ing Bortles to go 85 yards for the winning TD.

I love the posters quoting Johnson over Flutie in TEN, and Gregg dismantling a top defense, just like Ryan did this year. All very worthy selections.

Week 4, Giants at Bills.

I agree. I think it was the Giants game that sent us into a real tailspin. I'll even take it further and say the Jennings TD was the knife to the heart. That play summed up our whole season. We couldn't get a stop on defense when we needed one. Not in that game nor at any point this season.

Took a year but they were back at the top.

Um, no. In Greggggg's last year, 2003, the Bills were #5 in team defense (#2 passing, #8 rushing). If you're looking to hang your hat on the fact that Ryan can turn this around next year, Williams is a bad example. He actually shows that it may take Ryan years to get it right. In 2001, the Bills finished #29 in total D, 2002, #27 in total D. Do we have two more years to wait for Ryan to retool?

Edited by Freddie's Dead

First Patriots game.

Exactly! Give the man a cigar!

Going from #1 in sacks in 2014 to getting less than 10% pressure on Brady in that game showed Bills fans what they would need to endure the rest of the season. Opposing QB's having all day to throw along with an undisciplined team that looked confused and lost in some games. Kinda like their new HC.

The Bills currently have 20 sacks on the season with one-quarter billion dollars invested in the defensive line, that's 250 million! A head coach with no clue how to best utilize them. Last year the Bills led the league with 54 sacks in 2014, and had 57 sacks in 2013.

I have 4 turning points, in order of greatest impact.

1. The hiring of Rex Ryan. The biggest coaching mistake this franchise has made since the hiring of Gregggggggg Williams.

2. Cutting Fred Jackson. Left the team leaderless and without RB depth for the NYG and JAX games, both huge losses.

3. The first Cheats game. Ryan ran his mouth all week and ratcheted the hype to ridiculous levels. The Bills dominated the NFL pre-game shows, and lost in humiliating fashion to the Cheats (the only time the game lived up to the pre-game hype was the Jest game, we lost all the others).

4. The JAX game. EJ shook off a terrible first-half and threw some gorgeous bombs to bring the Bills all the way back. Sadly, he gets no credit for that and is on the way out because the defense allowed Blke $%^&ing Bortles to go 85 yards for the winning TD.

I love the posters quoting Johnson over Flutie in TEN, and Gregg dismantling a top defense, just like Ryan did this year. All very worthy selections.

Man, do I love this post and 100% nailed it! :worthy:

I might add that in that week four game against the NY Giants Wrecks Ryan found a new way to lose a game by giving them 7 first downs on offense because of all the penalties from the Buffalo defense. Looking back, the Bills made that Giant team look like a SB contender instead of the 6-9 team they really are and the Bills are comparably bad.

A lot of Rex fans on the board I see. He really blew it with the "D". He should be made to answer why he didn't hire our "D" leader from LY. EGO! ?? You bet. He certainly isn't a leader for the players. Sorry to say but a sad day for our Bill's when he became the killer coach.

A lot of Rex fans on the board I see. He really blew it with the "D". He should be made to answer why he didn't hire our "D" leader from LY. EGO! ?? You bet. He certainly isn't a leader for the players. Sorry to say but a sad day for our Bill's when he became the killer coach.

Rex wanted Schwartz to stay; Schwartz declined. So, I guess that would be Rex's answer.

The hiring of Rex Ryan was the biggest blow. On the field, our inability to ever string wins together. Our longest win streak of 2 happened once.

The loss to the Chiefs essentially ended our season. Had the chance to go up 1 game on them with the head to head tiebreaker and after our good start in the game I began to dream. Then of course the realization of how bad we were kicked in during the second half, 1 win since.

Right there Estro, but Jax also was just a wake up call we wouldn't make the playoffs.