Sammy suggesting players aren't accountable enough...

Big Turk

This is a problem if it doesn't change. While Marrone was seen as being anal and too tight with the players, it appears this group of players may NEED that type of coaching...

Rex comes in as a players coach and expects them to be self-motivated and hold themselves and each other accountable. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening...when the coaches back off, the players don't take over, they back off too...

Sammy blasted everyone pretty much and said they need to stop worrying about hurting feelings and call people out if they are fvcking up...him, other players, coaches, etc...

For a players coach to really work there has to be a solid group of players in the locker room to make sure everyone is accountable to themselves and each other...players like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc...we don't have enough of those guys...Mario Williams? No, he isn't it...he is just collecting a game check at this point. Kyle Williams...yeah, but he can only do so much when he isn't playing and practicing...same for Aaron Williams. They need more "self-policing" guys on the team and they obviously don't have them.

Watkins is 100% correct. If it's not coming from the coaches, it has to come from the players. If the players are too worried about hurting their friends feeling or being popular in the locker room, then Ryan isn't going succeed here...

He's been nursing some kind of injury ever since he got to Buffalo, it seems.

He's a Ferrari alright. Ultra high performance, but spends more time in the garage than on the road. He did look like he gave up on some of those throws yesterday, that over throw in the endzone for one

I don't know the Bills situation specifically, but any team of people I have ever competed with against other teams, has only been good if the individuals hold each other accountable. I have been in many bands, and the ones where someone calls out the other guys ( you aren't playing that right...you guys need to help promote...you miss too many practices...) are the only ones that were any good. The others were all mediocre, just passable, just for fun.

The standards need to be set high, and leaders have to be able to point out when they aren't being met.

No leadership on this team. Rex's style has worked in the past because they had Ray Lewis or Bart Scott to reel the players in and hold them accountable. We have literally zero leaders on this team. I don't even care if we have players like Fred who are over the hill. The leadership they bring is invaluable. I want a Terrell Suggs or someone with an attitude to keep these guys in line

Gilmore too soft spoken...same with Dareus...AW and KW definitely, but both are injured...

You can be soft-spoken. It's just a matter of saying what needs to be said and setting the example.

Maybe that still makes them bad candidates, though. Disappointing, if true.

I actually like that he came out and said something. Watkins has been coming into his own lately, and I like where he's headed.

Agreed. When he bitched publicly, I was kind of pissed but then he got the ball and the offense improved. When you back it up, you're a good leader.

If you just B word and don't back it up (Mario Williams), you're just a B word.

This is a problem if it doesn't change. While Marrone was seen as being anal and too tight with the players, it appears this group of players may NEED that type of coaching...

Rex comes in as a players coach and expects them to be self-motivated and hold themselves and each other accountable. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening...when the coaches back off, the players don't take over, they back off too...

Sammy blasted everyone pretty much and said they need to stop worrying about hurting feelings and call people out if they are fvcking up...him, other players, coaches, etc...

For a players coach to really work there has to be a solid group of players in the locker room to make sure everyone is accountable to themselves and each other...players like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc...we don't have enough of those guys...Mario Williams? No, he isn't it...he is just collecting a game check at this point. Kyle Williams...yeah, but he can only do so much when he isn't playing and practicing...same for Aaron Williams. They need more "self-policing" guys on the team and they obviously don't have them.

Watkins is 100% correct. If it's not coming from the coaches, it has to come from the players. If the players are too worried about hurting their friends feeling or being popular in the locker room, then Ryan isn't going succeed here...

Hope he looked in the mirror first. He's really good, but he's a winey B word. I've seen him give less than full effort on more than 1 occasion. Edited by Dopey

For the leadership- look at our 4 best players-

Sammy is calling out everyone including coaches

Mario is well documented in his thoughts

Dareus has questioned scheme and plenty have questioned his effort

And McCoy is kissing the eagle

It's a weird crossroad. I though if nothing else Rex would have these guys ready to run through a brick wall for him for a year or two. Not at all the case currently.