Where did it go wrong in 2015

bisonbrigade

The strongest part of the entire team is the defensive line. You have four pro bowl defensive linemen, Mario, Marcelle and Jerry who last year had double digit sacks each and this year have a combined 11 sacks. The coaching staff has them totally out of place, even dropping into coverage. There is ZERO excuse for this. WGR with their excuses and apologetic crap says, "It's the short passing game" like no-one done that before, or "it's the injuries", like that has not happened before. Are not other teams like Carolina, Kansas City Denver, getting sacks and pressuring the Quarterback? The "short passing" game excuse has not effected these teams. Let's face it, the coaching staff is not what we were led to believe. When you have no pass rush and corners ten yards off the WR this happens.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim Pegula hiring Rex Ryan --> Rex Ryan asking for Tyrod Taylor.

That's where it went wrong. Both of them suck at what they do.

Preseasom, first the trade McCoy and subsquent extension.

2nd giving the ball to Taylor and declaring it his team

EJ love is like no other...

The players have said it themselves, they believed their press clippings instead of putting the work in. Rex fed into that mentality as he's all flash over substance.

EJ love is like no other...

It's kind of unbelievable. Taylor has his warts, but he's a first time starter and put in one of the better QB seasons we've gotten around here for a while. I really don't know what people expect, we weren't bringing Cam Newton in, especially when we didn't have a 1st round pick.

Rex Ryan hire (which I LOVED at the time). That's basically it.

Perhaps the quickest way to turn this around (if they keep Rex) is to fire Thurman and bring in Pettine. Make Pettine DC, tell Rex he has no control over the D, team should revert to its great play with Pettine. Keep Whaley and Roman, IMO. Draft NASTY and athletic players for the O-line.

If we get rid of Ryan, hire Hue/Schwartz. Or hire Schwartz and let him pick a DC.

Edited by RyanC883

The problems all began with the Nix and Whaley hires before the 2010 season. They didn't pick any of these guys in the drafts. Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Brock Osweiller. They didn't trade for Carson Palmer or Alex Smith.

They hired Chan Gailey, and then added Doug Marrone and Rex Ryan. They haven't drafted a single high caliber offensive line player. They overpaid to keep a marginally motivated defensive tackle. From 2010 to 2015, they have 3 starters from the the first round in those 6 drafts. The now overpaid Dareus, Gilmore and Watkins. This appears to be a formula for an 6-10 to 8-8 team.

Whaley's plan to win was surrounding EJ Manuel with skill players and rely on his defense. Using two 1st rounders on Watkins was dumb then and has been a bust. Same for Manuel who he had faith in.

The defense probably over-achieved the past two seasons and has now been exposed as average.

The plan this off-season will be to re-tool on defense but expect more mediocrity with Whaley and Rex.

Hold on there, chief. You were probably leading the anti-Fitz parade.

Ha! You must be new here. I was the lone voice saying Fitz was flawed but effective when everyone said he needed to be dragged out of town behind a horse. Ryan L. Billz and I went at it for months.

I was a huge fan of fitz. He had flaws, but he could game.

He's proving that now. Like I said, he had his flaws, but no one has a bigger heart than Fitzbeardy.

This little revisionist history retrospective on FitzPickSix is making me ill. He's bleeping terrible to this day.