Where did it go wrong in 2015

bisonbrigade

If anyone really expects this team to win more than 5 games next year with Ryan as coach is very seriously delusional.

I tend to agree. They play with less heart than any team at any level I've ever seen. They won a few games on the hangover from last year's team and the delusion that they were even an average team. With a full off season to ruin the bills and further break whatever teamwork and cohesion he inherited from St Doug, plus a draft that will surely be top heavy in 'rex' type players which I guess means safeties and white tight ends, 5 games is probably a good guess.

I don't mean to let Whaley off the hook either, though he should absolutely be kept. We lead the league in High Potential Low Achiever players. This goes back to my thought above, which is these guys don't have any heart, and when they play a team that does, like the Redskins yesterday, the bills get rolled up like a slice of baloney

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim Pegula hiring Rex Ryan --> Rex Ryan asking for Tyrod Taylor.

That's where it went wrong. Both of them suck at what they do.

Agree with you on hiring Ryan, but completely disagree on Taylor. He is one of the best young QB's that I have seen in this league in quite sometime. Problem this year was entirely Rex Ryan's destruction of a very good defensive unit. Hard to win football games when you can't stop anyone and are constantly playing from behind.

hiring Rex.

Rex is a great coach.

Rex was not a good "fit" for the 2014 Bills Defense.

it will take another 2 seasons to switch personnel to his 3-4 Defense.

what a disaster.

This. Ryan can coach but was a bad fit for our biggest strength. Now we need to make sure we improve and not just spin our wheels for a few more years.

Part of being a good coach is getting the most out of your players and placing them in position to succeed. Rex has not been able to do this nor even seems to try. Rex is where it went wrong.

Next year Rex will introduce the innovative new 11 DL, all into coverage formation.

the bills will lose 16 games by an average of 73 points

don;'t laugh , i remember one game with his jets they went 9 dbs and only 2 DLs..might have been vs the Pats.....

Edited by BuffaloBillsMagic1

Right here...

Bingo!!! A truly horrific move for this franchise.... The moment it happened I threw up in my mouth, then spent weeks trying to convince myself it would work out because we had a great roaster that was improving.... NEVER could I have imagined that Rex would utterly decimate this once wonderful defense.... His departure can not come soon enough.

maxresdefault.jpg

CBF

Pettine ran the same scheme as Rex. We piled up sacks. Couldn't stop the run--Kiko at MLB was an issue whether we believe it or not. But we were a good defense.

Why is Rex's D so much worse and why are players complaining about a scheme they ran just 2 years ago with a lot of success? I think that's the better question.

Edited by Big Blitz

"Almost every big name on this roster was either acquired for way too much or cast aside by the rest of the NFL. When the Bills hired Rex Ryan, he almost satisfied both criteria. The Bills already had a good defense. They needed offense — the one thing the rest of the league agreed was beyond Rex’s purview. Then we found out they were coming into camp with a quarterback battle between EJ Manuel and Taylor? And McCoy was supposed to change everything? It was a disaster in the making."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/tell-your-grandkids-about-the-2015-buffalo-bills/

Posted this link in another thread, thought it more appropriate here.

"Don't let him out of the Room" - Russ Brandon

:doh:

I knew after week two that this team had serious issues on defense in playing that soft cover passive defense against the Patriots, and I also knew then why Dareus was complaining publically about that early. I just didn't think it would end this badly.

I watch him play against as soft as puppy poop schedule and still look below average. He still makes plenty of mistakes and has a candy arm. He has decent stats this year as a reflection of the lousy teams they have played. So what! He still sucks.

I disagree - don't put the blame on Tyrod - he's met or exceeded expectations.

Put the blame where it belongs - on a D that now ranks close to the very bottom in the league, excessive penalties showing poor discipline, and Rex

I disagree - don't put the blame on Tyrod - he's met or exceeded expectations.

Put the blame where it belongs - on a D that now ranks close to the very bottom in the league, excessive penalties showing poor discipline, and Rex

??? The post I made had nothing to do with Tyrod.