Twitter rumors about Bills new structure, fate of Rex/Whaley

YoloinOhio

I understand the criticism of Polian right now, but the fact of the matter is that he built a very good Indy team -- pretty good o-line, great HOF-worthy RB in James, a good TE in Clark, and a great, HOF-worthy receiver in Wayne (he didn't draft Harrison). Plus Freeney, Mathis, and Bob Sanders were all great players, and Mathis and Freeney are borderline HOF players--both have 118 lifetime sacks. They had great pass rushers who could bring it at the end of a game. Between 2002 and 2009, they had 5 top ten defenses. It was a great team.

And from 2009-11 he let his kid ruin...not just run, ruin...the roster. Which is exactly what he wanted to do in Buffalo if he got the "czar" role. Look at that 2011 Colts roster. Look at their 2009, 2010 and 2011 drafts. Good lord, keep Chris Polian away from this franchise

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And from 2009-11 he let his kid ruin...not just run, ruin...the roster. Which is exactly what he wanted to do in Buffalo if he got the "czar" role. Look at that 2011 Colts roster. Look at their 2009, 2010 and 2011 drafts. Good lord, keep Chris Polian away from this franchise

I wasn't a big fan of Polian coming in except as a consultant, but I did follow the story close and I don't recall any report whatsoever that said he was going to bring Chris in.

Usually I am optimistic to start each new season, but if it is status quo with the Bills, I think it will be tough. We are not in great salary cap shape, and I am not sure how attractive the Bills will be this offseason when we cannot afford to overpay for free agents. We also have a bunch of our own free agents, and I am not sure we can sign both Glenn and Incognito. Our draft choice will be in the middle of the first round, so we will not have a shot at the top talent in the draft. Next year's schedule looks much tougher than this year. I understand that a lot can change between now and the start of next season, but as of this moment, I am not particularly hopeful that next season will be better.

Pretty sure it's an educated guess based on Rex's history and the disgraceful coaching we saw this year.

Correct. Rex hasn't had a winning season since 2010.

This year inspired little confidence in this fan.

I expect his tenure in Buffalo to mirror his tenure in New York. We will confuse effort with results for another season.

Edited by dpberr

If Rex was fired, I'd keep roman as OC, then bring in Schwartz as HC, and Pettine as DC (he is likely fired from Browns).

What I don't want yo do is bring in someone who wants to FI a gut and rebuild. The coach and DC have got yo be 4-3 guys.

wtf. If gym shorts comes he's gonna want to run his defensive scheme. Why would he bring pettine in as D coordinator. Is completely different. Shorts as a DC yes, HC no.

I wasn't a big fan of Polian coming in except as a consultant, but I did follow the story close and I don't recall any report whatsoever that said he was going to bring Chris in.

Didn't it just come out in the last few weeks Polian was going to give Whaley the ax if Pegula hired him last off-season?

I can recall reading that his kid was coming in and that he was going to hire AJ Smith, another one who'd help run the team into the ground. Granted the articles could have all been 100% speculation based on Polians former moves

Don't understand why anyone would want Schwartz as HC. Rex was a great coordinator too, and even has a better track record the Schwartz does as a HC, look how that worked out?

wtf. If gym shorts comes he's gonna want to run his defensive scheme. Why would he bring pettine in as D coordinator. Is completely different. Shorts as a DC yes, HC no.

I spent the whole day scouring media reports pertaining to Rex being hired. There was nothing in there about his plan to completely overhaul our defensive scheme. In fact, I saw a lot of the opposite. Anyways, I think you get my point.